2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Carmour

so today my SE is coming to pick up the car, bring to C&C to update the software and return the car. in addition, they are giving me $800 additional service credits to 'restore confidence' in their brand.

hopefully, this will be the end of the troubles of my brand new car.

↡ Advertisement

Bro, think you are just unlucky

Their production line working at maximum capacity, just look at the waiting time.

the early batches in 2014 have had touch pad and other minor electronic hiccups but generally the new C series are trouble free.

Very generous of them to give you $800 service credits, you should thank your SE 

so today my SE is coming to pick up the car, bring to C&C to update the software and return the car. in addition, they are giving me $800 additional service credits to 'restore confidence' in their brand.

hopefully, this will be the end of the troubles of my brand new car.

• Praise 2

Bro, think you are just unlucky

Their production line working at maximum capacity, just look at the waiting time.

the early batches in 2014 have had touch pad and other minor electronic hiccups but generally the new C series are trouble free.

Very generous of them to give you $800 service credits, you should thank your SE 

Agree. There are lemons every now and then (not saying your car is one as the issues you're having are minor and not performance/engine-related). This is my 2nd C-Class -- updated to new model, no problems with my old C Class which I had for 7 years. I also have another conti SUV, going on 4 years now. Had an electric leakage a few months back and last year, one side mirror simply broke after unfolding.

• Praise 1

Agree. There are lemons every now and then (not saying your car is one as the issues you're having are minor and not performance/engine-related). This is my 2nd C-Class -- updated to new model, no problems with my old C Class which I had for 7 years. I also have another conti SUV, going on 4 years now. Had an electric leakage a few months back and last year, one side mirror simply broke after unfolding.

true. i have friends telling me not to let this bad experience spoil my impression of mercedes.

but i think next round i will give it a miss. looking at a bm 4 series GC when it's time to change.

• Praise 1

No guarantee that BM is bug free hor.....in fact maybe even more

my previous bm first 5 years was fantastic. no issues at all...

but after that it started to go downhill. guess you can't have everything!

my previous bm first 5 years was fantastic. no issues at all...

but after that it started to go downhill. guess you can't have everything!

now my turn, the rubber lining in rear passenger door has peered off...

You see! They def having a qc issue. Not only my car.

Watch for the computer screen problem that I had.

Neutral Newbie

Mine too. Car is only 3 weeks old. Both rear doors' rubber lining fell off. Looks like the double sided tape they used isn't strong enough.

Supersonic

Piang eh....MB use double sided tape? All of a sudden, SMRT's cable ties solution dun look so bad now....

Piang eh....MB use double sided tape? All of a sudden, SMRT's cable ties solution dun look so bad now....

LOL

Mine too. Car is only 3 weeks old. Both rear doors' rubber lining fell off. Looks like the double sided tape they used isn't strong enough.

any software issues so far?

LOL

maybe MB uses the OEM type to save costs...maybe Make in C... 3M double sides too expensive maybe.. [furious]

last night sent photo to SE to tekan him a bit...

no s/w issue so far for mine....touch wood..

Neutral Newbie

LOL

No software issues so far. But I noticed the front sensors are a bit laggy. It blinks red a second or so after a motorcycle goes by.
↡ Advertisement