Workplace Equality For Homosexuals?

Itali4must4ng

What do you guys think about this?

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2013/11/kickstart-of-campaign-for-lgbt-workplace-equality/

Last year, Lawrence Wee brought a suit against his former employer Robinson’s in Singapore. He alleged that he was harassed into leaving his job because Lawrence is gay.

Concerned that the law is ambiguous, Lawrence is now asking the High Court to judge whether Article 12 of our Constitution, which guarantees all persons equal protection of the law should also apply to people on the basis of their sexuality.

Article 12(2) of the Constitution states that “…there shall be no discrimination against citizens of Singapore on the ground only of religion, race, descent or place of birth in any law…”

Lawrence, who worked at Robinson’s for six years before he was sacked, believes that people should be allowed to prove their worth at work, without fear that an immutable characteristic does not become a millstone around their neck.

The campaign team estimates that the court costs, lawyers’ fees and sundry expenses, as well as the costs of campaigning will come up to be about S$30,000 which is the set target funds to be raised.

↡ Advertisement

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2013/11/kickstart-of-campaign-for-lgbt-workplace-equality/

Last year, Lawrence Wee brought a suit against his former employer Robinson’s in Singapore. He alleged that he was harassed into leaving his job because Lawrence is gay.

Concerned that the law is ambiguous, Lawrence is now asking the High Court to judge whether Article 12 of our Constitution, which guarantees all persons equal protection of the law should also apply to people on the basis of their sexuality.

Article 12(2) of the Constitution states that “…there shall be no discrimination against citizens of Singapore on the ground only of religion, race, descent or place of birth in any law…”

Lawrence, who worked at Robinson’s for six years before he was sacked, believes that people should be allowed to prove their worth at work, without fear that an immutable characteristic does not become a millstone around their neck.

The campaign team estimates that the court costs, lawyers’ fees and sundry expenses, as well as the costs of campaigning will come up to be about S$30,000 which is the set target funds to be raised.

Radx donated oredy. The precedent set for this case would concern his gay rights at his current employment.

Very important High Court declaration this one [nod]:wub:

he wants other people to fight his war? :huh::huh:

why the discrimination only come 6 years after he work there? no detail of how he was harassed.

Edited by Jman888

Radx donated oredy. The precedent set for this case would concern his gay rights at his current employment.

Very important High Court declaration this one [nod]:wub:

woah bro! why suddenly RadX kor kor involved? explain can? blur blur

Actually i am wondering what is the problem whether the person is homosexual or not in work place?!

Personally, I not very bothered, but for other Singaporeans maybe they are not so accepting and this chap's orientation may make them uncomfortable and cause the workplace morale to be affected?

not all singaporeans are so understanding yet....

Personally, I not very bothered, but for other Singaporeans maybe they are not so accepting and this chap's orientation may make them uncomfortable and cause the workplace morale to be affected?

not all singaporeans are so understanding yet....

i used to work in an office surrounded by gays, i was the only straight guy in there and they never discriminate against me [grin]

• Praise 1

i used to work in an office surrounded by gays, i was the only straight guy in there and they never discriminate against me [grin]

haha bro you happy not surrounded by so many ladies? ;D

My concern are certain factions within that community.

Some have tendency to micro manage way beyond the norm and some in the same proportions ultra gungo with aggressive persona....

Last year, Lawrence Wee brought a suit against his former employer Robinsons in Singapore. He alleged that he was harassed into leaving his job because Lawrence is gay.

Article 12(2) of the Constitution states that there shall be no discrimination against citizens of Singapore on the ground only of religion, race, descent or place of birth in any law

Lawrence, who worked at Robinsons for six years before he was sacked, believes that people should be allowed to prove their worth at work, without fear that an immutable characteristic does not become a millstone around their neck.

The campaign team estimates that the court costs, lawyers fees and sundry expenses, as well as the costs of campaigning will come up to be about S$30,000 which is the set target funds to be raised.

Law protect them gayish people, who protect us from them?

No joke leh, kena beoh by 5 gayish co-workers in the office. NB!!

Edited by Count-Bracula

What I think is that our gahment is very kiasee. They are very afraid of sending out the wrong message to ppl. Hence I think this case will be brushed aside and ignored.

I had seen many working in other establishment like Robinson.

Maybe during working hours, he was caught flurting with customers or colleagues... [sly]

Was at one doing shopping (will not tell the name) and one came along to gave commence on dressing to my wife. My wife feel so annoyed and walk away. Imagine a guy gay giving advised on dressing... [crazy]

I had seen many working in other establishment like Robinson.

Maybe during working hours, he was caught flurting with customers or colleagues... [sly]

Was at one doing shopping (will not tell the name) and one came along to gave commence on dressing to my wife. My wife feel so annoyed and walk away. Imagine a guy gay giving advised on dressing... [crazy]

hello.... gay are the best makeup artist and fashion designer ok, and the way they sweet talk and sell to female customer, not surprise they are also the top salesman in most fashion department -_-

↡ Advertisement