Customs value to export from sg

Trusty

im toying with the idea of exporting my car at 10 years to australia for personal use.

question is how do i derive the value for customs duty, gst etc..? since at 10 years.. the possible remnant value is the paper?

i had to pay for shipping and custom duty and gst and any possible fees to get it on road there. tried contact freight companies to no avail...

anyone to advice?

↡ Advertisement

im toying with the idea of exporting my car at 10 years to australia for personal use.

question is how do i derive the value for customs duty, gst etc..? since at 10 years.. the possible remnant value is the paper?

i had to pay for shipping and custom duty and gst and any possible fees to get it on road there. tried contact freight companies to no avail...

anyone to advice?

Australia has plenty of nice toys! Better spec as compared to Singapore. Singaporean are always paying a huge price tag for an under spec car.

• Praise 1

I think Australia won't take used import above 4 years of registration. A friend ask a couple of years back...and the answer was no....they won't take in any cars above 5 yrs... (ie...4 yrs 11 month is the cut off)

The Customs there is very anal. Shipped one before for my boss and he had difficulty clearing the Customs and Quarantine there.

Need to drain petrol until left a bit only. Interior and exterior needs to be thoroughly clean and sanitised. No stones and dirt on tyres and under carriage. The usual LTA paperwork needs to be done.

More headache part is Ozzie side rather than SG.

You can try Cogent Logistics for exporting arrangement from SG, but nobody can/will advise you on the Ozzie procedures and formalities unless you have contacts with Ozzie forwarders. Not worth the trouble unless the car is rare and valuable.

Freight to Australia set you around usd 1000 per 20'

Singapore local charges around sgd 900 per 20'

Australia import charges around aud 800 per 20'

Save to budget Sgd$5,000 for door to door subjected to duty & taxes.

Aud $5,000 can get you a 2000 pathfinder In australia.

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/2000-nissan-pathfinder-ti-wx-ii/SSE-AD-2410294