Jan transfer window

Osprey23

As usual, will start with what I heard on Pool's activities.

Strongly linked - Will Hughes

Listening to offers - Lucas, Agger, Skrtel and GJ.

Priority position to strengthen - LW and DM. Back up keeper and striker

Lucas is wanted by Napoli apparently and Pool has lined up several possible replacement with Matic and Matuidi linked. Not sure if Lucas is interested in a move though but BR seems to be more keen to get a destroyer type of DM to partner Gerrard.

Pool has enquired and obtained quoted from Soton for Gaston Ramirez and Adam Lallana. No formal approach yet.

LW position Pool is looking at Yarmolenko with a loan deal for Shaqiri possible too.

That's all for now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Oops, forgotten to add on GJ. Apparently he already has a verbal agree agreement with a Spanish club but unless that club can afford his fee, he will amicably play out his contract. Won't be forcing a move.

If he does leave, replacement lined up - Micah Richards or Montoya

Listening to offers - Lucas, Agger, Skrtel and GJ

arent they the core team members. Sell them and we need to reorganize again... [crazy]

their age working against them.

Lucas - After injury just isn't the same. Not as imposing as a DM should be

Agger - Age. + we have 2 new younger CD

Skrtel - Age + after 2 see-saw seasons, makes snese to sell after good performance so far. Cannot risk another lousy season

GJ - Age + wages working against him

their age working against them.

Lucas - After injury just isn't the same. Not as imposing as a DM should be

Agger - Age. + we have 2 new younger CD

Skrtel - Age + after 2 see-saw seasons, makes snese to sell after good performance so far. Cannot risk another lousy season

GJ - Age + wages working against him

agree on the age but.....experience is priceless. :o

my opinion is they should not sell unless they r certain a more able replacement can b bought. lucas...yes he is not back to his best. but...is there another DM that wants to join pool who is of a better quality? agger...age still ok n he is the vice capt. i wont sell him. skrtel...can sell if can get gd price. even though he's curently in gd form, i feel he's replaceable. johnson...can sell if got better replacement who is cheaper. no doubt his wage is high, but which other world class RB can b cheaper?

I guess is all moneyball at play. If money is right, FSG will sell.

We have signed Sakho, Illori and having Wisdom and Kelly ready to step up too. Allowing our senior CBs to be sold if good offers come along.

Lucas I feel, does not has the physical presence that BR needs to play him as a single pivot. If flipped the midfield triangle, like what we have done, Lucas needs a partner in the mould of Mascherano. Him and Gerrard can't really protect the back line well. However, if Pool sign someone like that, Gerrard will pair him for sure leaving Lucas on the bench. Hence if Rafa wants him and pay good money, we will sell. Problem now is the fee of the replacement. Matic will cost £30m. That would have used up all the budget BR will be getting in this window. Leaving with sales money for BR to strengthen.

OT- hearing that Pool's academy director McParland and technical director Borrell have been sacked. Could be due to poaching from ManCity. If true, would be a sweet revenge for them on Pool who poached their scouts Dave Fellows and Barry Hunter last season.

edited- news confirmed. Echo will have full report shortly. Won't post here, interested pool fans can go google for it.

Edited by Osprey23

BR in his pre match presser denied deal was made for Will Hughes. However from what I have gathered, he is very likely to join. If not in the Jan window, will be summer.

Valmir Berisha, the top scorer in U17 WC , says he has contract offers from Liverpool, Ajax, Milan, Spurs, Sunderland and Celtic..

Tottenham have put a £6.5m valuation on Jermain Defoe after interest from West Ham United and Queens Park Rangers. (The Times)

Separately, Chelsea eyeing Falcao and Balotelli.

Edited by Osprey23

Tottenham have put a £6.5m valuation on Jermain Defoe after interest from West Ham United and Queens Park Rangers. (The Times)

Separately, Chelsea eyeing Falcao and Balotelli.

falcao? i saw the rumours. but seems unlikely leh for him to join in mid season after just 6 mths. unless monaco give up on title.

Edited by Little_prince
↡ Advertisement