• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
46 replies to this topic | 125 praises

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

Bonafidestack
  • Premium member
    Bonafidestack
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hey guys,

I am going to Hong Kong this coming December and i wanna go and eat till drop as i foresee that winter nothing to buy.

Any recommendation?

I know the standard ones like Tim Ho Wan and Xu Liu Shan. . .

Come contribute to the list!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

You need to queue very long for Tim Ho Wan.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

Lurpsexx
  • Premium member
    Lurpsexx
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Every street , every corner good food in HK la... just need to open ur eyes, open ur nose and follow the nice smells... 

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Every street , every corner good food in HK la... just need to open ur eyes, open ur nose and follow the nice smells... 

exactly. you will find nice food in HK not listed on those food guides. just see the Q will do.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Bonafidestack
  • Premium member
    Bonafidestack
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Haha. Bro, like that i will keep eating and eating. hahahha.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

Lurpsexx
  • Premium member
    Lurpsexx
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Haha. Bro, like that i will keep eating and eating. hahahha.

hahaha... ya, that's what I did when I was there last week.. walk 3 steps, go into shop to eat... eat finish, walk out, then another 5 steps, see another food shop then tempted to eat again.. wa lao.. my pants all cannot wear liao after 5 days there... burp!  [thumbsup]

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

Carmour
  • Premium member
    Carmour
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hey guys,

I am going to Hong Kong this coming December and i wanna go and eat till drop as i foresee that winter nothing to buy.

Any recommendation?

I know the standard ones like Tim Ho Wan and Xu Liu Shan. . .

Come contribute to the list!

No eating places to recommend. 

But this website can tell you. Its like the food bible of HK. 

http://www.openrice.com/english/restaurant/index.htm 

Edited by Carmour, 25 November 2013 - 03:16 PM.

Help me, and I will thank you.
Constructive & helpful replies, I will PRAISE.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Yattokame
  • Premium member
    Yattokame
    6th Gear
    Author Image

We always go to Serenade at the Tsim Sha Tsui cultural centre (opposite peninsular hotel). It's a nice place with full height window facing the sea and HK island. 

the dim sum are above average and there are a lot of japanese tourists there as well. 

actually not every corner serves good food; but our usual meals are settled at Meixin or those similar fast food places. Itacho and Itamae sushi are also pretty well received in HK too. 

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hahaha... ya, that's what I did when I was there last week.. walk 3 steps, go into shop to eat... eat finish, walk out, then another 5 steps, see another food shop then tempted to eat again.. wa lao.. my pants all cannot wear liao after 5 days there... burp!  [thumbsup]

Your stomach can take in so much food ar?!

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

Lurpsexx
  • Premium member
    Lurpsexx
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Your stomach can take in so much food ar?!

Haha.. of course cannot la... eat second time just order only 1 portion all share lo... just taste ma... ar bo really become fatty in no time liao... hahaha....

For HK food, I prefer not to go to the "established" names like Maxim or those up-market places... there are lots of local hole-in-the-wall shops that sells great tasting local fare... and really is like walk few steps got one... another few steps another one.. and this is on one side of the road.. got the other side too!  [laugh]

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

Bonafidestack
  • Premium member
    Bonafidestack
    4th Gear
    Author Image

We always go to Serenade at the Tsim Sha Tsui cultural centre (opposite peninsular hotel). It's a nice place with full height window facing the sea and HK island. 

the dim sum are above average and there are a lot of japanese tourists there as well. 

actually not every corner serves good food; but our usual meals are settled at Meixin or those similar fast food places. Itacho and Itamae sushi are also pretty well received in HK too. 

Thanks bro! will go visit serenade! I am staying TST there haha!!!

Anyone tried 大排档 in Hong Kong? it's like our zi char right?

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Haha.. of course cannot la... eat second time just order only 1 portion all share lo... just taste ma... ar bo really become fatty in no time liao... hahaha....

For HK food, I prefer not to go to the "established" names like Maxim or those up-market places... there are lots of local hole-in-the-wall shops that sells great tasting local fare... and really is like walk few steps got one... another few steps another one.. and this is on one side of the road.. got the other side too!  [laugh]

Lol, whenever i go to hk i sure will end up eating in those "established" names like Maxim. Cause they are too easy to locate, every street also can find their shop.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

Yattokame
  • Premium member
    Yattokame
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks bro! will go visit serenade! I am staying TST there haha!!!

大快活,大家樂,美心.... all the chinese fast food places :)

can't rem their english names..... their breakfast also quite nice, their roasted stuff also. Hygienic and cheap. I rem they serve steamboat for dinners during dec. quite shiok. 

have been to the roast pigeon place at Sha-tin; IMHO it tastes and is sized more like a chicken than a pigeon. Nothing special really. 

oh now I remember one place which I like - old, retro and a bit unhygienic. 彌敦粥面家 along Saigon Street, Kowloon.

eating there reminds me of those cafe scenes in 老夫子 hahaha..... love their porridge and how the waiters have their thumbs stuck into the porridge. A lot of thai tourists there nowadays.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

SuPerBoRed
  • Premium member
    SuPerBoRed
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

breakfast can go for the custard buns + famous si mud milk tea

http://www.openrice....htm?shopid=1814

cold weather there now 

http://www.openrice....tm?shopid=19916

for the snake stuff

Atas abit... 

http://www.openrice.....htm?shopid=812

simple stuff at its finest+priciest 

Respect is earned.. does not come with your god damn title..

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

Etnt
  • Premium member
    Etnt
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Openrice has a mobile app (for IOS, not sure for andriod) that you can download and use in HKG.

Probably indicate the kind of food u looking for, locations you want to go and price range to get more recommendations

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

Bonafidestack
  • Premium member
    Bonafidestack
    4th Gear
    Author Image

breakfast can go for the custard buns + famous si mud milk tea

http://www.openrice....htm?shopid=1814

cold weather there now 

http://www.openrice....tm?shopid=19916

for the snake stuff

Atas abit... 

http://www.openrice.....htm?shopid=812

simple stuff at its finest+priciest 

Woah. Their openrice is our hungrygowhere. [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:17 AM

Alheych
  • Alheych
    Supercharged
    Author Image

actually, my HK friends don't go to Tim Ho Wan. they know that Tim Ho Wan is only for Singaporeans going to HK.

for dim sum, they recommended me a hidden gem called Fung Shing in Sheung Wan:

http://www.openrice....tm?shopid=10216

for egg tarts, i'm following the flow: you can't beat Tai Cheong (strictly the main branch in Lyndhurst Terrace):

http://www.openrice....htm?shopid=5522

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

Heng51
  • Premium member
    Heng51
    4th Gear
    Author Image

For Cafe, i recommend Mido Cafe at Yau Ma Tei, and Kam Wah Cafe at Prince Edward.

For Dimsum, there is this One Dim Sum at Prince Edward. If you want Tim Ho Wan, the one at Sham Shui Po less queue because it is quite far away from MTR.

For noodles, i usually go to mak man kee, its around Jordan iirc.

For factory outlets, you can either go to Tung Chung Citygate outlets or Horizon plaza at AP Lei Chau. In AP Lei Chau, there is a Prada outlet also. If you into cheap Korean fashion clothings, there is this place near Li Chi Kou call HK industrial building. You can get all sorts of Korean clothings there.

Bonafidestack and Cosmicclaw praised this

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

and open your ass**** if you ate the wrong stuff [laugh] [laugh]
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

Bonafidestack
  • Premium member
    Bonafidestack
    4th Gear
    Author Image

For Cafe, i recommend Mido Cafe at Yau Ma Tei, and Kam Wah Cafe at Prince Edward.

For Dimsum, there is this One Dim Sum at Prince Edward. If you want Tim Ho Wan, the one at Sham Shui Po less queue because it is quite far away from MTR.

For noodles, i usually go to mak man kee, its around Jordan iirc.

For factory outlets, you can either go to Tung Chung Citygate outlets or Horizon plaza at AP Lei Chau. In AP Lei Chau, there is a Prada outlet also. If you into cheap Korean fashion clothings, there is this place near Li Chi Kou call HK industrial building. You can get all sorts of Korean clothings there.

Thanks bro! anything else to do in Hong Kong? haha. u seem to know the place inside out!

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: hong kong, food, guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users