Doesn't Look Good For Singapore Image

Picnic06-Biante15

yahoo reported : Top-secret exposé: Singapore helping US spy on Malaysia

The Malay Mail Online – 48 minutes ago

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 25 — Neighbouring Singapore is a key partner of the “5-Eyes” intelligence group which was revealed to have tapped telephones and monitored communications networks in Kuala Lumpur, according to more top secret documents leaked by intelligence whistleblower Edward Snowden.

In a report by Australian media group Fairfax Media today quoting Dutch daily NRC Handelsblad, it was revealed that Singapore is a key “third party” providing the ring — made of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand — access to Malaysia’s communications channel.

Singapore was included in a map published by NRC, which showed the US’ stranglehold on trans-Pacific communications channels through interception facilities on the US’ West coast, Hawaii and Guam.

The facilities, in turn, tap all cable traffic across the Pacific Ocean, and links between Australia and Japan.

In August, Fairfax had reported that the Singaporean intelligence is a partner of Australia’s electronic espionage agency, the

Defence Signals Directorate, to tap the SEA-ME-WE-3 cable that runs from Japan, via Singapore, Djibouti, Suez and the Straits of Gibraltar to Northern Germany.

This access was allegedly facilitated by Singaporean telecommunication operator Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel), which is owned by Singapore government’s investment arm Temasek Holdings.

Singapore’s head of civil service Peter Ong, who had previously been in charge of national security and intelligence co-ordination in its prime minister’s office, is the government’s representative on the telco firm’s board.

It is believed that SingTel had been responsible in expanding the ties between Australia and Singapore’s intelligence and defence in the past 15 years, said the report.

According to Fairfax, Malaysia and Indonesia had been key targets for both Australian and Singaporean intelligence even since the 1970s, since most of its telecommunications and Internet traffic goes through the island city-state.

Last month, Snowden had revealed that the US runs a monitoring station in its Kuala Lumpur embassy to tap telephones and monitor communications networks.

more stories, link: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/top-secret-expos-singapore-helping-us-spy-malaysia-052600023.html

Knowing our neighbours, they will not let it goes down quietly ..... [sweatdrop]

Sure got some form of protest in coming days.... [grin]

↡ Advertisement

yahoo reported : Top-secret exposé: Singapore helping US spy on Malaysia

The Malay Mail Online – 48 minutes ago

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 25 — Neighbouring Singapore is a key partner of the “5-Eyes” intelligence group which was revealed to have tapped telephones and monitored communications networks in Kuala Lumpur, according to more top secret documents leaked by intelligence whistleblower Edward Snowden.

In a report by Australian media group Fairfax Media today quoting Dutch daily NRC Handelsblad, it was revealed that Singapore is a key “third party” providing the ring — made of the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand — access to Malaysia’s communications channel.

Singapore was included in a map published by NRC, which showed the US’ stranglehold on trans-Pacific communications channels through interception facilities on the US’ West coast, Hawaii and Guam.

The facilities, in turn, tap all cable traffic across the Pacific Ocean, and links between Australia and Japan.

In August, Fairfax had reported that the Singaporean intelligence is a partner of Australia’s electronic espionage agency, the

Defence Signals Directorate, to tap the SEA-ME-WE-3 cable that runs from Japan, via Singapore, Djibouti, Suez and the Straits of Gibraltar to Northern Germany.

This access was allegedly facilitated by Singaporean telecommunication operator Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel), which is owned by Singapore government’s investment arm Temasek Holdings.

Singapore’s head of civil service Peter Ong, who had previously been in charge of national security and intelligence co-ordination in its prime minister’s office, is the government’s representative on the telco firm’s board.

It is believed that SingTel had been responsible in expanding the ties between Australia and Singapore’s intelligence and defence in the past 15 years, said the report.

According to Fairfax, Malaysia and Indonesia had been key targets for both Australian and Singaporean intelligence even since the 1970s, since most of its telecommunications and Internet traffic goes through the island city-state.

Last month, Snowden had revealed that the US runs a monitoring station in its Kuala Lumpur embassy to tap telephones and monitor communications networks.

more stories, link: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/top-secret-expos-singapore-helping-us-spy-malaysia-052600023.html

Knowing our neighbours, they will not let it goes down quietly ..... [sweatdrop]

Sure got some form of protest in coming days.... [grin]

wu ngiah bo?

Ask this guy lor.... [speechless]

Whistleblower Edward Snowden, he is hidding somewhere in Russia ... [:|][:|]

after i have located him, but before asking him, maybe i can pass his location to CIA? hopefully there's a little award, i need it to top up my ERP card [grin]

Anybody who thinks the spying is only one way needs to get real. And let's get this straight, the main reason the AU-ID situation got out of hand is because BY took exception to the extent of spying - even his immediate family was spied on.

• Praise 2

should visit isd heritage centre, spying is part n parcel, inside the centre, they showed how other countries spied on us, how SG spied on them....interesting.....

alamak ... will causeway become super duper jam ... ie: one lane with one counter opened ...

this spy-gate reveal that on the surface at every summit ... leaders rub shoulders and hold hand for photoshot

then chop chop listen to each other "phone" ... [sly][laugh]

Edited by Wt_know

Anybody who thinks the spying is only one way needs to get real. And let's get this straight, the main reason the AU-ID situation got out of hand is because BY took exception to the extent of spying - even his immediate family was spied on.

Ya. Spying has been around since human tribes begin to fight one another. The only thing that changed is you don't need to by physically there to find out what is going on in your neighbour's house.

• Praise 1

Ya. Spying has been around since human tribes begin to fight one another. The only thing that changed is you don't need to by physically there to find out what is going on in your neighbour's house.

I still prefers the olden days of spying in China...

They used pretty [gorgeous] with the Ministers, Premiers or Kings and they get to screw those beauties... :wub:

Now all electronics ... [:|]

after i have located him, but before asking him, maybe i can pass his location to CIA? hopefully there's a little award, i need it to top up my ERP card [grin]

if they locate him , you will get a piece of Cat B COE.....

I don't think so. Even during Wiki leaks with all the snide private remarks about other leaders being exposed, it was still BAU.

It is no secret that we are friendly with the US. I'm behind my country in this, Snowden or no Snowden.

alamak ... will causeway become super duper jam ... ie: one lane with one counter opened ...

this spy-gate reveal that on the surface at every summit ... leaders rub shoulders and hold hand for photoshot

then chop chop listen to each other "phone" ... [sly][laugh]

Snowden just using information to exchange for cash. The reason he review himself,is then he cannot be assassinate. My opinon of course.

I don't think so. Even during Wiki leaks with all the snide private remarks about other leaders being exposed, it was still BAU.

It is no secret that we are friendly with the US. I'm behind my country in this, Snowden or no Snowden.

Supercharged

I still prefers the olden days of spying in China...

They used pretty [gorgeous] with the Ministers, Premiers or Kings and they get to screw those beauties...

Now all electronics ... [:|]

These [gorgeous] must be selected from the best of the girls......! But what are the criteria? Do they need to have special training. like act of seduction, foreplay, etc.... :ph34r:

↡ Advertisement