Need help! Anyone can recommend workshop repair radiator?

Spken1976

Hi bros, anyone can recommend workshop that repair radiator cheap? My radiator water leaking from the top. Need to change it asap. And how much does it cost for the repair? I'm driving 2007 Nissan Latio model. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

If you driving till 2017, then get a new one Dang Ki. Buy from stockist and get workshop to fix. Sorry I not driving Nissan so dunno which stockist for Nissan.

Hi bros, anyone can recommend workshop that repair radiator cheap? My radiator water leaking from the top. Need to change it asap. And how much does it cost for the repair? I'm driving 2007 Nissan Latio model. Thanks.

Radiators don't come cheap... I believe a new one will cost you around 700+ and OEM around 300+... I am not sure if Nissan have OEM parts and whether is it compatible. The top of my radiator was also leaking but was soldered back and secured by a cable tie. I not sure who did the repair as it was already in the state when I bought it but so far no problem.

If possible to repair then don't change. Stockists might not have radiator in stock as well so might need to wait in some cases. If you decide to buy from stockists and change in Bolehland, can PM me. You can try to find nissan stockists at Queens street (somewhere near hotel royal @ queens or Iluma shopping centre)... there is a housing block there with a few stockists on ground floor.

[name=Jansonchua" post="5046118" timestamp="1385465460]

Radiators don't come cheap... I believe a new one will cost you around 700+ and OEM around 300+... I am not sure if Nissan have OEM parts and whether is it compatible. The top of my radiator was also leaking but was soldered back and secured by a cable tie. I not sure who did the repair as it was already in the state when I bought it but so far no problem.

If possible to repair then don't change. Stockists might not have radiator in stock as well so might need to wait in some cases. If you decide to buy from stockists and change in Bolehland, can PM me. You can try to find nissan stockists at Queens street (somewhere near hotel royal @ queens or Iluma shopping centre)... there is a housing block there with a few stockists on ground floor.

Hi thks for your advice. Think have to go straight to workshop as the top is leaking quite badly. Unable to travel to stocklist sourcing for radiator. But heard Nissan Latio radiator top is made of plastic, so hope I vould change that part only.

If you driving till 2017, then get a new one Dang Ki. Buy from stockist and get workshop to fix. Sorry I not driving Nissan so dunno which stockist for Nissan.

If its just a minor leak, I wud prefer to get it properly repaired.

Replacment might b a cheepo low quality radiator which wil give more problems later. Also it wil cost more than a repair.

Now many China made rads on the market.

[name=Jansonchua" post="5046118" timestamp="1385465460]

Hi thks for your advice. Think have to go straight to workshop as the top is leaking quite badly. Unable to travel to stocklist sourcing for radiator. But heard Nissan Latio radiator top is made of plastic, so hope I vould change that part only.

For many years radiators core is made of plastic. Nothing new.

Only the top n bottom is metal.

Usually the join wil leak n ty just remove, clean n replace back with new clips.

I had mine repaired in JB last year. After repair its as good as new. Cost abt <RM200.

Better repair the original rad properly than to change cos the replacement rad might not b as good quality n u wil hv more problems later.

For many years radiators core is made of plastic. Nothing new.

Only the top n bottom is metal.

Usually the join wil leak n ty just remove, clean n replace back with new clips.

I had mine repaired in JB last year. After repair its as good as new. Cost abt <RM200.

Better repair the original rad properly than to change cos the replacement rad might not b as good quality n u wil hv more problems later.

Hi at the workshop now. Lucky just change the top cover only. Total damage $100 plus.

Bro, so which workshop you went to?

Hi Tek Soon Motors at Kaki Bukit Autobay #01-93. Total damage $189.

$120 - Radiator cover

$60 - labour

$9 - coolant.

Hi at the workshop now. Lucky just change the top cover only. Total damage $100 plus.

Glad to hear u solved yr problem.

$100 plus is abt right for fixing top of rad. [flowerface]

Make sure u put in the correct type n amt of coolant.

Run for next few days check for leak every day just in case.

↡ Advertisement