Reputable tour agency for a trip to China?

Little_prince

Bringing elderly parents, the best is to diy.

Not so hectic. more time to rest and shop.

Can buy those day tours online.

Each day 1 tour. Good enough.

If u need help on airticket, let me know.

Give me a chance to take to the xmm from the travel agency that is station in my office.

thanks bro...

appreciate it =)

Chan brothers are china tour is good.

I recommend going to Yun Nan.

why yunnam?

Went to Kunming and Shangrila tour with CTC before, quite nice.

Going to Harbin with them again this December :)

yeah. leaning towards ctc too =)

hi guys.

I'm planning to bring my parents to china for a tour and take the opportunity to spend more time with them while I can.

Was shopping around for a tour agent, and heard a lot of horror stories about some china tours. Any reputatable tour agents to recommend?

CTC and ASA tours ok? their prices seems more reasonable

thanks in advance bros.

We usually go with Chan Brothers, so far no problem with their arrangements.

• Praise 1

try namho and chan brother, good experience. avoid city99 or farmosa for tour.

if bring elderly make sure itinerary light one as i once took a tour in china to beijing and had to wake up at 5 am. nightmare after prev day reach hotel 10pm plus

• Praise 1

NH?

many tiko rangers there. From young to the elderly.

CB?

Staff turnover rate very high. Must ask them to state clearly on the Invoice what is included.

Edited by Mcf777
  • Praise 1

My parents went with Chan Brothers on a recent packaged tour.  Feedback was pretty good and price reasonable.  They flew by SQ, in and out Beijing. 

Here is a very futuristic bus shelter in Beijing.

Some video footage of their bullet train ride from Beijing to Tianjin. 

• Praise 2

Twincharged

go with those reputable one should be ok i think.

Namho, Chan brothers, dynasty, ctc, ASA, new shan and etc.

However, study the itinerary in details.  Check with them on the compulsory optional tours and shopping tours (sometimes not stated in the itinerary).

• Praise 3

hahahaha.

didn't realised my old thread still active.

end up went taiwan instead of china cuz my mum also never went taiwan before and she read somewhere about china fake food. so she kinda turned off. lol

overall she had fun and visited some interesting places that she only saw on documentary before.

glad that i managed to make her happy. 

this year just got bonus. planning to bring her another trip go australia. lol

• Praise 4

Bro should try out China...to places like Yunnan, Jiuzhaigou etc...I went with SA tour previously to JZG, very good imo...sure...there were definitely some sales trips to Jade, Silk, Chinese Tea and Chinese herbs shops, you have to weight your wallet...factor in 10~20% budget for these....and I work out it's still cheaper than DIY....and the quality of the food and hotel was good...a bigger group has the advantage as each member can entertain them a bit...the pressure will not be so much from both the tour guides....advantage of going with tour group is we just need to eat, sleep and walk...no need to think so much and it covers more ground within the 8~10 days.... [;)]

I chance upon this thread and since I have just recently came back from a holiday trip to JiuZhaiGou with one of the local tour agencies, let me share my experiences.

Although I have been to various parts of China and typically, most of these tours include 'product shopping stops' since these shops pay commission to the local tour agencies for bringing clients to them.

In this recent trip, a 9-day trip after taking away the 1st day arrival and last day departure, it is actually a 7-day trip. A total of 7 'product shopping stops' which took between 1.5 to 2 hours per stop. So, if we consider 14 hours and include detour to reach such stops, effectively you are left with 5 days tour. Travelling time will take a big part of the 5 days. So you will realise the precious little time given at each designation.

It is therefore important to understand before you sign up for the tour a few understanding and have them written for record.

1) Confirm how my such 'product shopping stops' for the entire tour and have them listed down.

2) Confirm how much time will be assigned max per stop because the tour guide (both local and oversea) will not state time and it is unlimited as long as there is chances of people buying.

3) At some stops, the seller will pressure tour group to buy. The tour guide and coach will disappear till somebody buy. They will try to lock you up in an enclosure. If hard sell fails, they will approach by getting a young lady to act as innocent and pitiful.

4) Confirm any extra expenditures such as shows, food, buses, etc.

Most of the bigger tour agencies are OK except for the above. To me, it is the local and oversea tour guides that are behind many of the issues. Of course, the agencies also give blessing as long as they are still getting business.

All these old sale tactics will have to change with more people travelling to China. They cannot be buying tea and jade every year. Those who really interested will buy anyway.

China is a great place for travel. They need time to change. Maybe another generation.