Wage increment

Tianake

My simple calculation of 4.4% increase in pay

To common peoples earning, let says $2000/- a month = increase of $88/- ..... [nosebleed]

Managers, let say earn $10,000/- a month = increase of $440/- ...

Top earners, let says earn $100,000/- per month = increase $4,400/- ..... [lipsrsealed]

80% of workforce within the range of $2k ~ $10k.

10% within the range of $10k ~ $100k

3% are the top earners and

7% beklow $2k.

so who is more merrier ..... [sweatdrop]

Wahahahaha, nice play using absolutes

↡ Advertisement

My simple calculation of 4.4% increase in pay

To common peoples earning, let says $2000/- a month = increase of $88/- ..... [nosebleed]

Managers, let say earn $10,000/- a month = increase of $440/- ...

Top earners, let says earn $100,000/- per month = increase $4,400/- ..... [lipsrsealed]

80% of workforce within the range of $2k ~ $10k.

10% within the range of $10k ~ $100k

3% are the top earners and

7% beklow $2k.

so who is more merrier ..... [sweatdrop]

Cannot say like that cleaner this year got 20% increment hor. From 1k become 1.2k. I also want 20%

Wahahahaha, nice play using absolutes

Sadly, the lower range of the wages group will always not able to get good income. But what can we do? How to justify giving high income to those group when we place value added to company profit to ppl like cleaner and clerk.

that is why richer people get richer, poorer people get poorer.

middle class citizen get more squeezed

This kind of news 4.4% incremental is not for common pple like u and me...

More for our TOP CLASS civil servants... its telling us that this yr their salary increment are confirmed 4.4 and best.. no need to explain so much... cause our economy is gd..

Edited by Apvman
  • Praise 2

Cannot say like that cleaner this year got 20% increment hor. From 1k become 1.2k. I also want 20%

Sadly, the lower range of the wages group will always not able to get good income. But what can we do? How to justify giving high income to those group when we place value added to company profit to ppl like cleaner and clerk.

OK, then next year their pay increase is $52.80c and not even deduct CPF yet hor ...

Minus CPF of 20%, they will be getting $42.24c

With projected bus & mrt fare to increases next year (cos the companies had submitted to PTC for approval) and couple with other food & services increase, $42.24c not their bed of roses... [:(]

And they work the longest hours (almost 12 hours) a day...

that's why I say they have it worse.

but how come ur cleaner work so long? My company one come at 7am. Go home at 3:30pm

OK, then next year their pay increase is $52.80c and not even deduct CPF yet hor ...

Minus CPF of 20%, they will be getting $42.24c

With projected bus & mrt fare to increases next year (cos the companies had submitted to PTC for approval) and couple with other food & services increase, $42.24c not their bed of roses... [:(]

And they work the longest hours (almost 12 hours) a day...

People are always using numbers to twist the views.

How about this:- the income tax, that the high income has to pay could easily be a few times more than the annual salary of the lower income. So how leh? The lower income doesnt pay much income tax and the percentage is also lower than the income tax for higher income ....so how leh?

Sigh, learn to strive for the better, but be thankful for the current.Just dont become a KNNBCCB asking for help all the time and not appreciating it when help arrives however small.

• Praise 2

People are always using numbers to twist the views.

How about this:- the income tax, that the high income has to pay could easily be a few times more than the annual salary of the lower income. So how leh? The lower income doesnt pay much income tax and the percentage is also lower than the income tax for higher income ....so how leh?

Sigh, learn to strive for the better, but be thankful for the current.Just dont become a KNNBCCB asking for help all the time and not appreciating it when help arrives however small.

Agreed. However low wages is always the easiest tools to whack gahmen with.

When wages get high.. Then they will use other things.

Edited by Joseph22

Agreed. However low wages is always the easiest tools to whack gahmen with.

When wages get high.. Then they will use other things.

Thats why before we whack others, we must look in the mirror first.

• Praise 1

that's why I say they have it worse.

but how come ur cleaner work so long? My company one come at 7am. Go home at 3:30pm

You ask you office aunty, how much she takes home ..... [lipsrsealed]

I doubt she was paid the full $1200/- is she starts from 7.00am to 3.30pm... [sweatdrop]

You ask you office aunty, how much she takes home ..... [lipsrsealed]

I doubt she was paid the full $1200/- is she starts from 7.00am to 3.30pm... [sweatdrop]

1.2k lah. Recently did their contract nia. My company very human one hor.

Your company [thumbsup]

Got anymore vacancy, I ask my side aunty cross over to your company... [sly]

Edited by Picnic06

Every CNY, colleagues combine together to gave her 'ang pao' / bonus cos the cleaning company doesn't give 13th month pay ... [furious]

• Praise 1

the increment is too little for top earners la

not even enough to buy the cheapo rolex explorer 1 39mm [lipsrsealed]

gotta go with 24 months interest free payment ... lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

4.4K too little? Wah lau... I think for many average earners.. can get 1k increment already happy like hell... 4.4k not enough? OMG.. no wonder pple say MCF pple very rich... money like water... Account no 6 digits... dont talk... hahaha

4.4K too little? Wah lau... I think for many average earners.. can get 1k increment already happy like hell... 4.4k not enough? OMG.. no wonder pple say MCF pple very rich... money like water... Account no 6 digits... dont talk... hahaha

Er..... Corrections. Account no 7 digits dont talk.

I am taking in contact of the various groups base on the recommendation of 4.4% pay increase for next year.

I know top earners got some extra commission base on the company profit margin.... [sly]

I am comparing the monthly pay receive for each working groups and the increase they will receive on the 4.4% wage increment.... [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement