Wage increment

Tianake

look for a compay that give you company car or compensate you or drive company car (no bmw/merc no talk)

you win both ways ... lol

Dont have leh.

Problem is my company is not a n oil major. Just a sub contractor that depend on oil major for jobs. [sweatdrop] They dont do drilling or exploration, my company no job, thus not make profit. So we hope for oil price to rise to USD100 days. [bounce2]

But as a fellow driver, I hope oil price to stay low. [grin]

Like that how?

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

issit? i thought that was never the option for strawberries :D:D

Strawberries got no worries mah. No obligations in life. No work also nebermind [:/]

look for a compay that give you company car or compensate you or drive company car (no bmw/merc no talk)

you win both ways ... lol

Sounds like being a chauffer job. [drivingcar]

Hypersonic

most of the time, those who complain pay stagnant are those with very high pay

if company give 0.01% less increase to these staff, they can give 10% to other peasant staff

so who still say their pay no increase please raise your hand.

:D

• Praise 1

Average salary increase of 4.5% in Singapore seen for 2015

dunno wu ya boh.

haiz.

4.5% from the company i work for also, apply to all level

2.5% from the company my wife work for, apply to all level also

Edited by Dfx16

what about hard working lowly paid worker ... wipe table for 13 hours

cycle to work and have to pack lunch from home ... i think he got no increment for the past 10 years liao

if company give 0.01% less increase to these staff, they can give 10% to other peasant staff

Edited by Wt_know

It's actually not. They just take elite salary and peasant salary to average it out.

Increment, yes .. but only a bit...

Not enough to cover increases in food, petrol, mrt hikes, housing bank loan increases, sch fee increases, etc etc etc etc...

So, though I am thankful i have increment, but damned it, still back to square one, after all other expenses increase too ... haiz

prease see post 119 [grin]

4.5% from the company i work for also, apply to all level

2.5% from the company my wife work for, apply to all level also

yeah. usually 3-5% for my side too.

even promotion is only 10%.

although, my boss loves my work and appreciates it alot, i also understand that his hands are tied too...sometimes it seems like jumping around is the only way to get a decent salary.

haiz

• Praise 1

Increment, yes .. but only a bit...

Not enough to cover increases in food, petrol, mrt hikes, housing bank loan increases, sch fee increases, etc etc etc etc...

So, though I am thankful i have increment, but damned it, still back to square one, after all other expenses increase too ... haiz

i know right....

3% increment , factoring in the cost of inflation. Effectively, i seem to be earning less each year....

Throttle2, on 23 Apr 2015 - 12:14 AM, said:Throttle2, on 23 Apr 2015 - 12:14 AM, said:

Just got home after wiping.

13hrs today.

Average of 60hrs a week.

Sibei pai tan.......

Increment?

Only received once since 2010.

But no choice, got four mouths to feed and many more years to go.

Have to slog........

Staying frugal is the way.

Forget about Joneses.

Pack lunch to work

Eat at home even on weekends

Cut down on movie watching and pub crawling and shopping.

Hai....

* but still have to buy more rolex watches

Dui bu dui? lolx

[grin]

Edited by Sunny
  • Praise 1

similarly to MND news sometime back

something like hdb price up x% and income rise y% ...

x - y = 0 ... lol

i know right....

3% increment , factoring in the cost of inflation. Effectively, i seem to be earning less each year....

Edited by Wt_know

every time i read propaganda stats like this i wana vomit. 4.5% my ass. They must have included the million dollar miistar salaries and that completely skews the average and media numbers.

we also dont know if this is inflation adjusted, or how they estimate inflation. Even if its inflation adjusted, they have some devious method that can exclude daily transport costs (car ownership, COE, ERP etc) from the numbers.

the best way to judge if we have a real increment is to compare our own nett savings on a monthly basis for the year, with the same figures in previousl years, as a rough rule of thumb. These dont lie.

My figure has been negative fer afew years running.

these people ... ka ki kong ka ki song onli

nabei ... simi ... again ... last year don't even got 4.5% increment ... pui!

simi increment also not enough to pay petrol bill and inflation ...

Highest GDP per capita is a meaningless figure to me. i am sorry.

This does not mean anything at my individual level and does not translate directly to any real income for me.

Saying GDP per capita increase by xxx% does not mean our real wage increase by same percentage.

Its just a figure for the politicians to look good and to say singapore as a country is rich. The country can be rich, the citizens can also still be living hand to mouth at subsistence level.

That's how we have one of the highest GDP per capita in the world mah [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 3

Dont have leh.

Problem is my company is not a n oil major. Just a sub contractor that depend on oil major for jobs. [sweatdrop] They dont do drilling or exploration, my company no job, thus not make profit. So we hope for oil price to rise to USD100 days. [bounce2]

But as a fellow driver, I hope oil price to stay low. [grin]

Like that how?

I support oil ... Higher better ... Local Sub Cons got work to do ... People got jobs ... Everyone is busy ...

every time i read propaganda stats like this i wana vomit. 4.5% my ass. They must have included the million dollar miistar salaries and that completely skews the average and media numbers.

we also dont know if this is inflation adjusted, or how they estimate inflation. Even if its inflation adjusted, they have some devious method that can exclude daily transport costs (car ownership, COE, ERP etc) from the numbers.

the best way to judge if we have a real increment is to compare our own nett savings on a monthly basis for the year, with the same figures in previousl years, as a rough rule of thumb. These dont lie.

My figure has been negative fer afew years running.

Highest GDP per capita is a meaningless figure to me. i am sorry.

This does not mean anything at my individual level and does not translate directly to any real income for me.

Saying GDP per capita increase by xxx% does not mean our real wage increase by same percentage.

Its just a figure for the politicians to look good and to say singapore as a country is rich. The country can be rich, the citizens can also still be living hand to mouth at subsistence level.

Highest GDP per capita does have an direct effect on everyone

the richer poeple in Singapore are (notice i said people in Singapore)

the higher the price of limited resource, like transport, meaning coe lor [laugh]

Hypersonic

I support oil ... Higher better ... Local Sub Cons got work to do ... People got jobs ... Everyone is busy ...

wah fatt kor support

better buy some crude futures today

tomorrow going to spike liao

all tao kay will stay in their office long hrs de la hahaha

I guess you rather dont have increment ... more tax for you only hahaha

but seriously nothing is better than home cook food.

Not all towkay need stay in office long, unless golf course is considered as their "mobile" office also lor...

But yeah, home cook food = best! Something about how my mom cooks is just hou hoi wai (Canto).

• Praise 1

some tow kay like Ho Jinx can happy happy go on 3 months sabatical leave, all at tax payers expense.

Shitty Times probably also took her salary into account in their stats. No wonder the increment figures have absolutely no relevance at my peasant level.

Not all towkay need stay in office long, unless golf course is considered as their "mobile" office also lor...

But yeah, home cook food = best! Something about how my mom cooks is just hou hoi wai (Canto).

Bro that is a subtle but very IMPORTANT distinction.

Highest GDP per capita does have an direct effect on everyone

the richer poeple in Singapore are (notice i said people in Singapore)

the higher the price of limited resource, like transport, meaning coe lor [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1