• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic | 50 praises

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Longfian_Oxygen__4fd708fe7f5ec.jpg           anyone using these generators at home ?

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Longfian_Oxygen__4fd708fe7f5ec.jpg           anyone using these generators at home ?

I don't need one. Where I live I have about 21% oxygen. I don't need any more. 

If one day we run out of land and have to live in undersea houses,

this would be very useful.

Mind you it looks just like the water cooler in the office pantry

with someone sticking their water bottle on it and forgetting

to take away.

[grin]

Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

if there is a fire, will it helps to burn down the house faster???....... [grin]

Tigershark1976 praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This machine is good when one have wounds on their body. Breathing in pure oxygen.

Now medical science is using pure oxygen to treat wounds which heal faster. Navy use it when divers suffer from compression illness.

SGH got one treatment area believe it is called 'Hyberbolic' treatment centre, near to Blk.4 which uses Oxygen to treat wounds. [flowerface]

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

why would u want one of these??

[confused]

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It is useful if you are filling up diving tanks. [lipsrsealed] or sleep in an oxygen capsule.

Me Newcastle fan

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

S4vtec
  • Premium member
    S4vtec
    5th Gear
    Author Image

When my father in law was on palliative care for his lung issue it was used.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

CLOR
  • Premium member
    CLOR
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Stroke patients recovering at home may require this, especially if lungs are compromised due to pneumonia.

I am not sure of this brand but do check the noise level of the machine. If it is for someone recovering from a stroke, as it is placed in the same room, it may be too noisy for him/her to rest. While it can be extended through longer tubing, the capacity will be diminshed.

Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

[confused]

Some with sleeping disorder (like tongsil blocking the windpipe) might need one cos they might just die when in deep sleep . [:(]

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

those that u are talking about are oxygen concentrators to be delivered via nasal tubing. Ur machine will probably break down if it has to even increase the oxygen conc in the entire room's air by 1-2%...

Obstructive sleep apnoea does not usually require oxygen concentrators.

Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:42 AM

Hotamp
  • Hotamp
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Stroke patients recovering at home may require this, especially if lungs are compromised due to pneumonia.

I am not sure of this brand but do check the noise level of the machine. If it is for someone recovering from a stroke, as it is placed in the same room, it may be too noisy for him/her to rest. While it can be extended through longer tubing, the capacity will be diminshed.

you can actually rent it , 7 yrs back there is a shop at SGH that sells all these medical care equipment, we did that when my dad was diagnosed with lungs problem. ya there is a slight humming sound when the machine is switched on...not very loud. can look into this option.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

Tianake
  • Premium member
    Tianake
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

can put 1 in the car and connect the tubing to the air intake? 

increase oxygen concentration help in better combustion?

[sunny]

scr-hydrogen-generator-plans.jpghmm..

Edited by Tianake, 05 December 2013 - 10:50 AM.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Exercise  hard and improve your VO2 Max.. This way, normal oxygen concentration in the air is consider plentiful for yourself.

"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The air surrounding us is a mixture of gases consisting of 78% nitrogen and 21% oxygen. The remaining 1% is made up of minute traces of argon, carbon dioxide and rare gases.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

[confused]

i oso hv a 'home oxygen generator' in my house.

it's green in colour tho. 

Attached Thumbnails

• plant.jpg

Jamesc and Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Lol

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    Supercharged
    Author Image

you can actually rent it , 7 yrs back there is a shop at SGH that sells all these medical care equipment, we did that when my dad was diagnosed with lungs problem. ya there is a slight humming sound when the machine is switched on...not very loud. can look into this option.

did it help your dad's condition in anyway ?

my father now warded in SGH for liver complications ... wonder if this will help him when he comes back home ??

and don't forget to put it outside at night ... else ... you know the science ....

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:45 AM

Matrix0405
  • Premium member
    Matrix0405
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Now, you can buy oxygen concentrator from taobao. Renting is more expensive. 

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:54 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

There is such thing called oxygen poisoning.

Too much is bad.

https://en.wikipedia...Oxygen_toxicity

Ask scuba divers and they know never to breath with pure oxygen tank.

They won't last long.

Thaiyotakamli and Holdenutessv praised this

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:12 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

did it help your dad's condition in anyway ?

my father now warded in SGH for liver complications ... wonder if this will help him when he comes back home ??

and don't forget to put it outside at night ... else ... you know the science ....

you need to consult with ur doctor first whether ur dad require this. if he advised to get one, also need to check how much LPM he need and how long is recommended usage daily. some only need it to sleep at night like my grandma.

normally this oxygen concentrator are used to treat patients with lung problems such as pneumonia, bronchitis, etc. these patients normally unable to convert oxygen much into their blood cell hence requires more air with high concentration of oxygen. A healthy person doesnt need pure oxygen as it will do more harm and poisonous for long term usage.

if u want to get one, there are certain good brands out there such as phillips and innogen. for home usage, better get the normal concentrator as compared to portable one. 

Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users