24HRs Free Technical Help Desk for your Automotive problems

DMSG

RSVSxs3.gif

PLEASE feel free to post any of your car related problems, we will be able to give advises and also free diagnostics works for your vehicle woes.

You might want to create a new posting under this thread for your queries.

DYNAMICS MECHANIC - THE BOUTIQUE GARAGE

184 WOODLANDS INDUSTRIAL PARK E5

#01-03/04 SINGAPORE 757514

HOTLINE : 6363 5112

Edited by DMSG

(edited)

Post up your queries and we will reply asap :)

Edited by DMSG

Hi bro, recently my car starts to get abit sluggish after my servicing. And also engine noise seems to be noisier than before. U know roughly what happened?

(edited)

Hi bro, recently my car starts to get abit sluggish after my servicing. And also engine noise seems to be noisier than before. U know roughly what happened?

Hi Mr Ivan,

Please check the engine lubricant used for your very last servicing. Was there a change on the engine oil viscosity index specifications? And please check the engine oil filter used for your last servicing. Pull the Dip stick out for the Engine Oil leveling check.

Did experience anymore abnormally driving beside having those engine noise? Did you change to a new Engine Lubricant (different from as usual used) ? Check and let us know what Engine Oil you used and the engine oil viscosity index,

Please enlighten us with your Carmake as well.

Cheers and we awaits for you reply Sir! :)

Edited by DMSG
  • Praise 2

Hi,

Im using Mobil 5w40, what viscocity i do not know it. Filter was OEM.

Other than engine noise, everything was ok.

Hi Sir,

Mobil 5w40 is a reputable brand n it shouldn't be affecting your noise problems. Get to dynamics garage for a FOC check on your problem, we will rectify your problem to prevent further major fault.

Cheers!

Regards,

Team DM

Hi Please feel free to seek information on any automotive problems you face. We will be glad to give you advises. [sunny]

some WS charge diagnosis/checking fee. i been to motor aire in sin ming to check on my air con. just a simple 5 min check and they want to charge me $40.

if check already dun let them service, have to pay $40 checking fee.

of course, there wil be supporters that say WS also need to make a living etc...

but back to the point, what type of diagnosis check is chargable in this industry?

Hi Sir,

Mobil 5w40 is a reputable brand n it shouldn't be affecting your noise problems. Get to dynamics garage for a FOC check on your problem, we will rectify your problem to prevent further major fault.

Cheers!

Regards,
Team DM

My E60 N52 2.5L was feel laggy on 1st & 2nd gear, sometimes it was holding on first gear till 3.5k rpm then change gear when cold start in morning. Any advise?

Hi there, please have a check on the ATF fluid level and also you might be facing bad transmission sensors. Please get to DM and we can do an diagnostic scan on your ride. We will be able to retrieve the fault code if any and work on the problem.

Hope to hear from you soon. If you have any fault signal, please PM us.

Cheers!

some WS charge diagnosis/checking fee. i been to motor aire in sin ming to check on my air con. just a simple 5 min check and they want to charge me $40.

if check already dun let them service, have to pay $40 checking fee.

of course, there wil be supporters that say WS also need to make a living etc...

but back to the point, what type of diagnosis check is chargable in this industry?

Hi Sir,

We think it's only fair to pay for the diagnosis check when a OBD machine is used to determine any fault code, if not any diagnosis should be just complimentary. For DM, we don't charge for any Air Con problems diagnosis. We will carefully relate problems faced and rectifications repairs will be recommended to our customers. Repair cost will able to be given and no hidden cost at the end of any repair works.

Many workshops had invested in the OBD (stands for On-Board Diagnostic) Machine and it's not cheap, so in order to be fair to them, whenever they use it for any customers to determine or rectify any fault code, they might want to collect a Diagnosis Fees - it's just the same as a medical Practitioner collecting consultation fees.

Workshops need to protect themselves and have the rights to collect any diagnostics fees if they are able to determine the fault of a problematic vehicle, be it how long it takes; even if it's just a 5 min job. Always remember that they spent thousands to get the OBD machine in order to serve you professionally.

Hint : Always check for cost concern if any OBD checks will to be performed. It's only fair for you to pay a Diagnosis check fees at a reasonable rate for the service. If they wanted to charge you without upfront telling you, THEN you might want to have a debate in such situations.

Cheers bro!

Edited by DMSG

Diagnosis checks for air-cons are typically free. But free things not neccessarily good, nor neccessarily bad.

There was once, my air-con not cold. I went to a air-con shop to ask about the problem. He checked my gas level, say its fine.

Then told me that my air-con needs chemical wash servicing. Told me to touch a hose (forgot which one) which was very hot and told me that its hot cos my compressor is over-worked. Without the chemical wash, my compressor will up lorry in few months. Free advice, but chemical wash is $250. I told him I will consider.

Then I went to another air-con workshop. I asked him why my hose so hot. He said "If your hose not hot means your air-con spoilt already". Then he helped me top up gas. Less than $20 (forgot exact amount). Problem solved.

• Praise 1

Diagnosis checks for air-cons are typically free. But free things not neccessarily good, nor neccessarily bad.

There was once, my air-con not cold. I went to a air-con shop to ask about the problem. He checked my gas level, say its fine.

Then told me that my air-con needs chemical wash servicing. Told me to touch a hose (forgot which one) which was very hot and told me that its hot cos my compressor is over-worked. Without the chemical wash, my compressor will up lorry in few months. Free advice, but chemical wash is $250. I told him I will consider.

Then I went to another air-con workshop. I asked him why my hose so hot. He said "If your hose not hot means your air-con spoilt already". Then he helped me top up gas. Less than $20 (forgot exact amount). Problem solved.

Wah, they are not being professional n not honest, sorry to hear about ur bad experience. Maybe you can visit us for free checks if u have any problems on your ride (touchwood).

Thanks for your sharing bro. Appreciated

Cheers

Hi,

I'm driving a NIssan Sylphy (2006 model) and I facing the steering coupling problem which causes the steering vibrate when travelling on uneven road or strips. Can you advice on the repair cost (this is one of the common problem of Nissan Sylphy/Latio). Thanks

Hi,

I'm driving a NIssan Sylphy (2006 model) and I facing the steering coupling problem which causes the steering vibrate when travelling on uneven road or strips. Can you advice on the repair cost (this is one of the common problem of Nissan Sylphy/Latio). Thanks

Hi Sir,

Thanks for the faith with us and inquiring on our helpdesk, please PM us your carplate number so that we can precisely determine your car parts. We will also quote you base on your request. Please provide us with a contact number to reach you when needed. You might need to drive in DM for a free check on your suspected coupling Issues.

Sir we will reply you asap on the next working day, do stay tune to your inbox. Cheers and have a good Sunday!

with regards,

Team Dynamics

A Bad Steering Coupling Video Example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&gl=SG&v=X1EyPwb8dWk

Edited by DMSG

I'm driving a Subaru Forester 2.5XT, SH9.

Steering wheel keeps turning slightly anti-clockwise when driving (when I'm not holding on to it).

When braking, it turns strongly anti-clockwise.

Kindly advise.

I'm driving a Subaru Forester 2.5XT, SH9.

Steering wheel keeps turning slightly anti-clockwise when driving (when I'm not holding on to it).

When braking, it turns strongly anti-clockwise.

Kindly advise.

Hi dearest,

Only a few possible problems to your situations faced, BUT must be determined and confirmed physically at our workshop.

1> Worn Tyres - Uneven wear

2> Underarms giving way

3> Absorber worn/leak

4> Alignment out.

5> Steering Rack

6> Drive Shaft

These are the possible problems. Cheers!