Weirdest/Dangerous Objects/Things Seen On The Road

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

For me personally it would be animals (dogs/cats) dashing out onto the road.

Even if you're traveling at a reasonable speed (say 50-60), if the said animal is too near, it would be almost impossible to avoid it. [smallcry]

My friend has ever encountered a car tyre in ECP. He was lanesplitting on his Hayabusa when the person infront jammed brake but he couldn't change his course or ebrake. He went right over it and broke his gear lever and chipped off some fairing.

Lucky to be alive. If his bike was any smaller, doubt he would be able to make it across.

Edited by BabyBlade
↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator

an empty cooking oil tin. went right over it and broke a bit of front bumper, dented condenser and exhaust (but still usable)

Why on earth would anyone bring a cooking oil tin and throw it on the road. [furious]

Oh ya I've seen a mattress before too! Craps!!

Edited by BabyBlade

monitor lizards, cow, lambs, kampong chicken and python....

all in Malaysia...my friend ran over the chicken and the next morning when I remove his air filter there was still a feather inside.

I ran over a monitor lizard at jurong east (toh guan exit), likely over its tail as I have swerve safely to avoid it. hope I did not kill it

Edited by Keithchue

i've seen a lorry lose its wheel on pie near the exit to bukit timah......lucky i was on the opposite direction. It was not only the wheel...it was together with the broken of axle....sparks was flying everwhere but luckily it din jump the railing!

some get to see cartons of beer on the road, i saw boxes of oranges spill over the 4 lanes along ECP before MBS, literally orange squash [laugh]

Edited by Jman888

Years back there was a lorry carrying eggs that got into an accident on the expressway. Ended up with omelettes on the road.

O.T.: I'm surprised no one said the most dangerous thing they seen on the road is a woman driver. [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 4

Twincharged

The most dangerous thing I encountered was a stroller with a toddler in it. The maid was standing at the traffic light talking on her handphone and never notice the stroller rolled onto the road. Luckily I noticed it when I was quite far away and had time to slow down.

Edited by Nzy

Internal Moderator

Years back there was a lorry carrying eggs that got into an accident on the expressway. Ended up with omelettes on the road.

O.T.: I'm surprised no one said the most dangerous thing they seen on the road is a woman driver. [lipsrsealed]

Made me recalled one incident on PIE this year(I think near Clementi exit), across all lanes except one were scotch tapes littered all over, spilled from a lorry/truck. Traffic was damn congested because of that.

The most dangerous thing I encountered was a stroller with a toddler in it. The maid was standing at the traffic light talking on her handphone and never notice the stroller rolled onto the road. Luckily I noticed it when I was quite far away and had time to slow down.

This is bad.

[sweatdrop]

Tempted to junk you leh. Hahaahaha. Not omelettes la. More like scrambled eggs.

few years ago, my fren waiting for bus at clementi in the morning n was shocked to see a malay makcik (older lady) 'running faster' than usain bolt, realised a lorry carrying pigs had an accident and overturned and few pigs 'escaped' hehehhe

for me always wonder when see shoe/slipper lying in middle of road, how the person can get it off the foot especially shoe....

in early 2012 couldnt avoid a metal piece in my lane along road opposite vivo, totally destroyed my front left alloy rim n tyre shredded.

During my NS days, I've ran over pangolins, monitor lizards and pythons.

Nowadays, want to see weird things on the road? Drive around Jurong area loh... sure got many weird things one... like slippers, shoes, vegetable baskets, pails, boxes, flatbed latch etc.

few years ago, my fren waiting for bus at clementi in the morning n was shocked to see a malay makcik (older lady) 'running faster' than usain bolt, realised a lorry carrying pigs had an accident and overturned and few pigs 'escaped' hehehhe

for me always wonder when see shoe/slipper lying in middle of road, how the person can get it off the foot especially shoe....

in early 2012 couldnt avoid a metal piece in my lane along road opposite vivo, totally destroyed my front left alloy rim n tyre shredded.

2010 I hit a stone, spend over few Ks and not got the car fixed up to the original conditions.

Internal Moderator

The reason why I started this topic was because I got into an accident a few days ago when a dog dashed out onto the road. I couldn't avoid the inevitable at all, crashed and skidded.

I wonder how many of such incidents/accidents are there when strays such as cats/dogs dash out? In any case, do watch out for objects on the road.

Edited by BabyBlade

The reason why I started this topic was because I got into an accident a few days ago when a dog dashed out onto the road. I couldn't avoid the inevitable at all, crashed and skidded.

I wonder how many of such incidents/accidents are there when strays such as cats/dogs dash out? In any case, do watch out for objects on the road.

More importantly, you ok bo? Lie there screaming in pain or get up and kpkb type of accident? Crash because locked brakes or hit the dog, wobble and crash? Don't forget to do analysis ah.

Internal Moderator

More importantly, you ok bo? Lie there screaming in pain or get up and kpkb type of accident? Crash because locked brakes or hit the dog, wobble and crash? Don't forget to do analysis ah.

I am okay, the usual road rash. Got up, in shock. Very very much in shock. Saw my bike badly damaged on the gravel ground.

↡ Advertisement