Weirdest/Dangerous Objects/Things Seen On The Road

BabyBlade

my friend's car had a wild boar charged at him from the side while driving in JB, his car door dented but the wild boar died [:(][:(]

↡ Advertisement

1. Chunk of granite on Upper Changi road, damaged both left side rims, had to get new rims.

2. Headbutted a bat on SLE.

3. Smacked a bird at approx. 200 km/h on NSH, it bounced off my bike fairing and my right shoulder. No biggie since I was tucked in behind the windscreen.

4. Monkey ran out in front of my bicycle on Old Upper Thomson road, I ran over the b**tard and left it screaming.

5. Random chunks of stone and cement from trucks and cement mixers in M'sia, especially from driving around Port Klang. My front bumper currently has some gouges from bombs off a cement truck, there are scratches on top of my bonnet and also a crack on my windscreen (same stone bounced off the bonnet, off the windscreen and over the car).

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

my friend's car had a wild boar charged at him from the side while driving in JB, his car door dented but the wild boar died [:(][:(]

Was the wild boar really charging or just trying to cross the road? :o

3. Smacked a bird at approx. 200 km/h on NSH, it bounced off my bike fairing and my right shoulder. No biggie since I was tucked in behind the windscreen.

I hit a bird when travelling at approx. 160km/h in my 1st forester (SF5) on my way to Merak in West Java. I heard a big smack, got a big shock and saw a black object falling to the ground in my rear view mirror.

I knew it was a bird cos it left a dust imprint on my windscreen... can see the outline of the wings stretched out [lipsrsealed]

The reason why I started this topic was because I got into an accident a few days ago when a dog dashed out onto the road. I couldn't avoid the inevitable at all, crashed and skidded.

I wonder how many of such incidents/accidents are there when strays such as cats/dogs dash out? In any case, do watch out for objects on the road.

hmmm.. you like very accident prone leh!! too suay lah you!!

Internal Moderator

hmmm.. you like very accident prone leh!! too suay lah you!!

First accident leh.

The past few incidents stationary drop la cos can't handle bike weight. Not accident. Haha.

First accident leh.

The past few incidents stationary drop la cos can't handle bike weight. Not accident. Haha.

okay, may be i should say your riding journey is very "eventful"!

if I not wrong you got your bike less than 6 months?

Internal Moderator

okay, may be i should say your riding journey is very "eventful"!

if I not wrong you got your bike less than 6 months?

Haha less than 3 months! I passed end of September. First stationary drop on my birthday in October. Song bo.

Internal Moderator

1. Chunk of granite on Upper Changi road, damaged both left side rims, had to get new rims.

2. Headbutted a bat on SLE.

4. Monkey ran out in front of my bicycle on Old Upper Thomson road, I ran over the b**tard and left it screaming.

5. Random chunks of stone and cement from trucks and cement mixers in M'sia, especially from driving around Port Klang. My front bumper currently has some gouges from bombs off a cement truck, there are scratches on top of my bonnet and also a crack on my windscreen (same stone bounced off the bonnet, off the windscreen and over the car).

You have a lot of incidents with animals lol... All I can say is, poor monkey, heng not ran over by motorcycle. No chance of surviving with tyres thrice the size of my tyres..

• Praise 1

Haha less than 3 months! I passed end of September. First stationary drop on my birthday in October. Song bo.

so you on average how many incident each month???

Internal Moderator

so you on average how many incident each month???

Don't be so mean la. Haha. Going two months no incident already till this. Spent $400+ to get it back to road worthy condition again. Radiator damaged, coolant peeing like mad.

once ran over something while driving. Friend and I got down and looked around but couldn't find a thing !!! Expected to be a cat, but can survive ??? Really got 9 lives sia.

Years back there was a lorry carrying eggs that got into an accident on the expressway. Ended up with omelettes on the road.

O.T.: I'm surprised no one said the most dangerous thing they seen on the road is a woman driver. [lipsrsealed]

don't say dat unless u wanna Kena from AWARE!
  • Praise 1

don't say dat unless u wanna Kena from AWARE!

In another thread I said AWARE stands for All Wants Accepted, Responsibilities Excluded. Come and hantam me... [grin]

• Praise 1

I have encountered those small bits of Styrofoam, really anot of them. And also a boxes of paper. The driver never secure the.box then it spill all over the lane. I saw the aftermath. The driver is picking up the paper boxes. Haha.

The reason why I started this topic was because I got into an accident a few days ago when a dog dashed out onto the road. I couldn't avoid the inevitable at all, crashed and skidded.

I wonder how many of such incidents/accidents are there when strays such as cats/dogs dash out? In any case, do watch out for objects on the road.

Was the dog ok?

Few days ago I saw a reindeer's antler on the road..Must have fallen from this:

image.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2