KPE and Marina Coastal Expressway Speed Limit Set at 80km/

Dafansu

during peak hour traffice, cars entering KPE via ramps etc jam big time coz all ramps merge two lines into one near where they join KPE!!! this is really man-made jam (man refers to LTA tunnel designer!!!)............. very difficult to maintain 2 lanes through out the ramps in the design/construction??? or just their trick to create jams??

that's why the ID10T that designed it outta be hung by the balls and slapped.

and the bigger ID10T that approved the design outta be shot~! [furious]

that's why the ID10T that designed it outta be hung by the balls and slapped.

and the bigger ID10T that approved the design outta be shot~! [furious]

Many driving woes we drivers suffer originate from LTA's doublful ability to design roads properly. Combining this with their rising ERP to "manage" traffic flows which are sometime a result of design faults, we have them as the problems creator and problems "solver" Two-In-One!! [furious]

Edited by Maseratigood
  • Praise 1

Many driving woes we drivers suffer originate from LTA's doublful ability to design roads properly. Combining this with their rising ERP to "manage" traffic flows which are sometime a result of design faults, we have them as the problems creator and problems "solver" Two-In-One!! [furious]

I wouldn't go as far to say they are the problem solver. I'd stopped at the latter

I wouldn't go as far to say they are the problem solver. I'd stopped at the latter

LOL, actually I used "solver".... ie not providing true solutions but increasing charges eg ERP charge!!!

i'm not a fan of the average speed thing.

speedsters if they really want to drag, they can speed all they want and road hog at the end of the tunnel.. unless they use a combination of both speed cam plus average speed detector.

yesterday I have a bus running up and tail gating me one lane 2 at SLE when I look at my speedo it was already at 100kph...

even better example of AMK Ave 5 under CTE bridge.. at the junction you split more lanes.. right after the junction you merge them...

encountered before at SLE too. those JB buses rushing back malaysia [shakehead]

LOL, actually I used "solver".... ie not providing true solutions but increasing charges eg ERP charge!!!

[laugh] on, ok... my bad [laugh]

tried to praise you for this post, but cannot due to the limits.

I dunno...never tried

[drivingcar] Always stick to below 80km/hr when see the 2 grey boxes which are about 2-3m apart, always on the left wall of each direction near the ceiling and usually see them right after the speed warning lights. [lipsrsealed] .

the next time you pass by, notice there's also a 3rd grey box directly opposite the cameras on the right wall. that's supposed to be the radar unit.

Speed cameras - What you should know

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/writeup.php?AID=133

Unlike the cameras deployed on other expressways, the KPE cameras only allow a small margin of allowance as compared to those on other expressways which can be as high as 20kmh. The KPE speed cameras are regularly calibrated to activate at just 15kmh (85kmh) over the speed limit.

Another contributing factor to the camera's great success is their prominence. While the cameras deployed on the PIE and AYE are identified by their large grey boxes, the KPE cameras are much smaller. Each of the three camera system is made up of three 30cm by 30 cm boxes that are camouflaged by their grey colour against the dimly lit tunnel walls. The two boxes affixed to the left side of the tunnel wall contain the radar, infrared sensor and camera while the sole box on the right wall contains an additional radar sensor.

• Praise 1

the next time you pass by, notice there's also a 3rd grey box directly opposite the cameras on the right wall. that's supposed to be the radar unit.

Speed cameras - What you should know

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/writeup.php?AID=133

Unlike the cameras deployed on other expressways, the KPE cameras only allow a small margin of allowance as compared to those on other expressways which can be as high as 20kmh. The KPE speed cameras are regularly calibrated to activate at just 15kmh (85kmh) over the speed limit.

Another contributing factor to the camera's great success is their prominence. While the cameras deployed on the PIE and AYE are identified by their large grey boxes, the KPE cameras are much smaller. Each of the three camera system is made up of three 30cm by 30 cm boxes that are camouflaged by their grey colour against the dimly lit tunnel walls. The two boxes affixed to the left side of the tunnel wall contain the radar, infrared sensor and camera while the sole box on the right wall contains an additional radar sensor.

I only notice the radar box and camera box on the left, didn't realised there are additional radar on the right.

I always use the overhead green arrows as reference point when to prevent myself from hogging others. [sly]

[laugh] on, ok... my bad [laugh]

tried to praise you for this post, but cannot due to the limits.

Thanks!

I am looking forward to use the MCE to get from PIE (entering from CTE into KPE towards ECP) after its opened

The speed in KPE reduced from 80km/h to 70km/h near the upper Paya Lebar exit is really stupid...Encounter so many times cars applying E brake to reduce to 70km/h near that area as there is speed cam ahead...I see it as a hazard more than a safety precaution...

Edited by LoverofCar

The speed in KPE reduced from 80km/h to 70km/h near the upper Paya Lebar exit is really stupid...Encounter so many times cars applying E brake to reduce to 70km/h near that area as there is speed cam ahead...I see it as a hazard more than a safety precaution...

Ya agreed. I encounter some farker still 70 hog 1st lane all the way.

Ya agreed. I encounter some farker still 70 hog 1st lane all the way.

On the other hands, i see many taxis and some pte cars chiong 80kmh++ in the 70kmh zone in between cameras. Such drivers will not be caught as there's no speed cams to catch them.

On the other hands, i see many taxis and some pte cars chiong 80kmh++ in the 70kmh zone in between cameras. Such drivers will not be caught as there's no speed cams to catch them.

Those u see definitely not me.

I do 100 :)

in between cams doing 100!! need to jummp brakes before the camera or not? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

No need lah. If u use this road often than u will remember where is the cam so when near cam don't acc loh, let the car slow down by itself.

No need lah. If u use this road often than u will remember where is the cam so when near cam don't acc loh, let the car slow down by itself.

I have very high astic eye sights so difficult to see in dimmed tunnel to find out locations of spd cams, bo bian, dare not go too fast between MCE ENTRANCE at AYE end all the way to paya lebar exit!!

Probably becos of 2 winding bends before the exit lo.

↡ Advertisement