KPE and Marina Coastal Expressway Speed Limit Set at 80km/

Dafansu

I have very high astic eye sights so difficult to see in dimmed tunnel to find out locations of spd cams, bo bian, dare not go too fast between MCE ENTRANCE at AYE end all the way to paya lebar exit!!

Later I going try on new mce with 100.

Bro if u there, make sure u sian far far if u see a black car very fast ok, if not later the photographer take your photo by mistake hehe

↡ Advertisement

Later I going try on new mce with 100.

Bro if u there, make sure u sian far far if u see a black car very fast ok, if not later the photographer take your photo by mistake hehe

Idea!! [idea] , want to speed, speed at 100kmh and the car behind will be "clicked" by the cam!!!

are you driving a Camry, what color? if I see one it coming behind, I also chiong and go side by side when you pass............. let the other car behind kena the "click"!! high FIVE!!!

Idea!! [idea] , want to speed, speed at 100kmh and the car behind will be "clicked" by the cam!!!

are you driving a Camry, what color? if I see one it coming behind, I also chiong and go side by side when you pass............. let the other car behind kena the "click"!! high FIVE!!!

Skalli the MCE tunnel speed camera uses latest technology which can detect multiple car speeding at different lane, then all tio take pic.

Skalli the MCE tunnel speed camera uses latest technology which can detect multiple car speeding at different lane, then all tio take pic.

actually if they tailgate the other car, how the cam going to capture the number plate? [grin]

Hahar u finally got my trick.

Make sure u must be fast and cannot slow now near cam ya if not u kena photo

For kpe and mce I think they using old kind of tech cos 3 lanes got 3 camera (2 left and 1 at right) but mce is 3 each side

Actually to be honest when i'm in a cruising mood, i just flip my cruise control to 80kph and leave it there.

On normal days i will drive faster in between the cameras. so these new changes in speed limits don't affect me. What affects me are useless dick-swinging hoggers who have no clue what being on Lane 1 is about.

Turbocharged

New slip road from nearby Punggol Plaza to KPE directly opens on Saturday 26Mar.

Take note : "CAR" only.

I drove thru it and saw something that state below 2500kg.

Why van, lorry, motorcycle dont allow?

Why built a road that van or pick-up cant use?

Somemore got height restriction and there isnt any low beam or ceiling in that stretch of road.

the next time you pass by, notice there's also a 3rd grey box directly opposite the cameras on the right wall. that's supposed to be the radar unit.

Speed cameras - What you should know

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/writeup.php?AID=133

Unlike the cameras deployed on other expressways, the KPE cameras only allow a small margin of allowance as compared to those on other expressways which can be as high as 20kmh. The KPE speed cameras are regularly calibrated to activate at just 15kmh (85kmh) over the speed limit.

Another contributing factor to the camera's great success is their prominence. While the cameras deployed on the PIE and AYE are identified by their large grey boxes, the KPE cameras are much smaller. Each of the three camera system is made up of three 30cm by 30 cm boxes that are camouflaged by their grey colour against the dimly lit tunnel walls. The two boxes affixed to the left side of the tunnel wall contain the radar, infrared sensor and camera while the sole box on the right wall contains an additional radar sensor.

Like not accurate. 90kph still ok.

Twincharged

New slip road from nearby Punggol Plaza to KPE directly opens on Saturday 26Mar.

Somemore got height restriction and there isnt any low beam or ceiling in that stretch of road.

So RR phantom cannot use that road also? All those driving big cars how?

Turbocharged

So RR phantom cannot use that road also? All those driving big cars how?

i believe they are given a written exception. i've seen it before for an aston martin, iirc.

its easier for them to issue these one-off exceptions for cars above 2500kg because cars like RR phantom etc quite rare. 

issue 10 individual mail is far easier than changing the sign i suppose.

Turbocharged

motorcycle also can, as long below 2500kg can travel

Turbocharged

I drove thru it and saw something that state below 2500kg.

Should save me a lot of time...

But scared that with merging traffice punggol road to KPE slip road jam worse than ever

Should save me a lot of time...

But scared that with merging traffice punggol road to KPE slip road jam worse than ever

It seems faster than going via Buangkok drive left turn towards KPE when tried around 0745 this morning, though will hit the jam once passed Lor Halus exit. Slow moving traffic, not ideal but at least there is now an alternative route to KPE.

I drove thru it and saw something that state below 2500kg.

saw in the news that this alternative route is only temporary

Took a slow walk during the opening on 26 Mar. That road is as wide as only one lane passable. If any car breaks down / accidents occur any where within the small road, it will be blocked completely (except for the two-wheelers).

• Praise 1

Day 2 of use at 0730, the strictly single lane setup is good for training your e-brake skills. Vehicle in front decided to stop suddenly when passing by the tentage and one of the personnel stood up.

Thereafter smooth traffic, until after Exit 10. From there slow traffic until entrance to KPE tunnel. Able to cross MCE ERP gantry at 0755.

↡ Advertisement