Pricing Cheat Sheet to Singapore

tanbk

Have you ever came across instances where you bought an item, but soon after, realized that you could have purchased it at a cheaper price with an ongoing promotion?

This was exactly what happened to Soh Zi Haur when looking around to purchase movie tickets in Singapore. Song was frustrated with the lack of information to get the cheapest movie tickets. To make things more confusing, weekend rates at local cinemas are at different pricing tiers too.

“So I bought this movie ticket and then later found out that I could have gotten it cheaper if I used another promotion. There are so many different promotions with different pricings too!”, Soh told Vulcan Post.

That’s when he took matters to his hand and tabulated all the different movie tickets pricing into an easy to read table, and called it the Singapore Cinemas Standard 2D Ticket Pricing Cheat Sheet:

cathay-pricing-sheet.jpg

Cathay ticket pricing sheet (Click to enlarge)

GV-Pricing-Sheet.jpg

Golden Village Ticket Pricing Sheet (Click To Enlarge)

Shaw-Pricing-Sheet.jpg

Shaw Ticket Pricing Sheet (Click To Enlarge)

Filmgarde-ticket-sheet.jpg

Filmgarde Movie Ticket sheet (Click To Enlarge)

A quick look at the different pricing tiers, for normal tickets, weekend prices can be 30% more expensive that weekday showtimes.

If you were to purchase movie tickets using your bank merchant cards, you can enjoy ticket savings up to 25%, during weekdays and weekends.

Hat Tip to Soh for coming out with this handy list!

Like us on our Facebook Page or subscribe to our Mailing list for more stories like this.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

this Soh Zi Haur must be a small kid hasn't been going out for movie in pass 2 years, better stay at home and watch pps instead of going pak toh with girlfriend <_<

Edited by Jman888
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 3

I like spreadsheets. And yet, I still prefer to climb Bukit Timah hill from the comfort of my home. :D

I prefer just bought Deep Valley Deserts from the comfort of my home. Me very low-tech. :D

• Praise 1

Someone wanna tabulate the prices of chicken in geylang, FL according to different lorongs, prices of KTVs etc... [sly]

this one sammyboy got leh....

Someone wanna tabulate the prices of chicken in geylang, FL according to different lorongs, prices of KTVs etc... [sly]

I think a lot of bros have been waiting for that list. Waiting for someone to come up with it [sly]

I prefer just bought Deep Valley Deserts from the comfort of my home. Me very low-tech. :D

But I can see high quality, Better Rainbows when climbing that hill. And it's free! :D

Why the discrimination??? My chicks at Murai not worth tabulating? [sly]

• Praise 1

If you can't beat 'em, confuse 'em.

Seems to be the motto here, taxi fare structures, cinema pricing...what else?

Make everyone confused and take their money.

• Praise 2

Aiyo....just go Jbee watch movie lar!!!

Adult RM12. Child RM8......price for saturday afternoon 3D movie.

Going to watch 47 Ronin in there too. ^_^

Doesn't JB have more 'snip snip' in its movies than here?

Plus the risk of getting 'stab stab' there. [sweatdrop]

Aiyo....just go Jbee watch movie lar!!!

Adult RM12. Child RM8......price for saturday afternoon 3D movie.

Going to watch 47 Ronin in there too. ^_^

JB sound system no good. :(

Doesn't JB have more 'snip snip' in its movies than here?

Plus the risk of getting 'stab stab' there. [sweatdrop]

I recently watched hunger games there.. they cut away the kissing scenes.

the pricing are transparent and tie up with credit cards like what other merchant would do, how can you call it a CHEAT?

like i say before, if want to bother by a dollar or two if you go pak toh with girlfriend, stay home piak piak is free (byo rubber!) [:p][:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1