Latio - 90 plus Km etc

Verieying

Dear All,

A friend's distant contact trying to sell a Latio. End06 model Latio Sedan.

Am wondering if there's any major thing I can do to check if it's good condition as it looks good both exterior

and interior...

What about Timing belt etc? I asked they said new lah. but how can I tell as worried that it won't be cheap.. If so, when is usually the next change and how much is it?

What other major expenses or Crucial stuff I must check or enquire I should consider when I buy a Old Latio?

Thanks so much in advance and any advices welcomed as I'm really a first time buyer!!!

=)

Edited by HyperTonic
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Mine is 07 4at Latio, already clocked 170km, the only thing I've changed is the cooling coil, front lower arm and a brake kit... The rest are wear and tear item like brake pad.. And I'm changing the lower arm again next week after 3 years... Nothing else spoil... Btw, Latio is using timing chain, don't think need to change for singapore driver... Most likely scrap before require changes...

Thanks A lot for sharing!

Sigh.. Missed a good deal I saw online... too late... now still looking around and considering if I shd get

a Latio or Avante 2006/2007... [sweatdrop]

Dear All,

A friend's distant contact trying to sell a Latio. End06 model Latio Sedan.

Am wondering if there's any major thing I can do to check if it's good condition as it looks good both exterior

and interior...

What about Timing belt etc? I asked they said new lah. but how can I tell as worried that it won't be cheap.. If so, when is usually the next change and how much is it?

What other major expenses or Crucial stuff I must check or enquire I should consider when I buy a Old Latio?

Thanks so much in advance and any advices welcomed as I'm really a first time buyer!!!

=)

Had a latio sport last time, was one of the first batch of latio owner.

The car is generally ok. Mine had the some unfortunate electronic board failure that could not disengage the immobiliser when I unlock the car. It cost about 700 to fix. Other then that is the usual wear and tear.

Didn't give me other problems and the car was sold at around 4 years with about 70-80K mileage

Mine was the CVT, I got a average of 13km/l for my fuel consumption.

Engine is ok for normal A to B car, handling is allright too. Best thing is the interior, big for such a small car and comfortable.

Only the brakes is abit lacking.

Hearsay CVT is costly to fix when it breaks, but in my time of ownership, I didnt hear of such problem.

Had driven a avante while I got it as a courtesy car. Didn't like the steering, and the car don't feel as powerful as on paper. Cabin plastic as a "Cheap- feeling" to it .

Prefer the Latio to the Avante, but ultimately its ur choice, your view might be different from mine.

My 2 cents worth

Edited by Flameblade
  • Praise 1

Do check the steering coupling as well, if you hear tok tok sound while turning, chances that steering coupling already gone, but no safety issues according to TCM. Next, check the ignition coil, if car is sluggish and lack of power. At 90k km, its abt time to change the spark plug, dont wait till it reach 100k km

View and play XDCAM MXF file with Media Player Classic without audio problem

I just bought a Sony XDCAM HD Camera, model EX1. Last week, I shot some exciting sports games. Using the software given by Sony, the only way to transfer them is to MXF. Now I am stuck wondering what programs I can use to actually view and play XDCAM MCF files. I've got most that I know of installed in my system (VLC player, kMPlayer, VLan Player, Nero), but none seem to be able to handle it. The current version of Media Player Classic plays the MXF video but no audio. I have spent the better part of a week googling around for answers to various MXF related questions and would love to open MXF in Player Classic for viewing.

Luckily, from a thread of Microsoft forum, I found Aunsoft TransMXF Pro, with which I successfully view and play XDCAM MXF filewith Media Player Classic without any audio problem or audio missing. This professional MXF Converter help me easily transcode MXF to like MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, MKV, M4V, ASF, MPEG etc for easily viewing in Media Player Classic. What’s more, this MXF conversion tool is it can output multi-track with MOV, MKV, MP4, which shows power to preserve, separate and mix multiple audio tracks in MXF.

Here I would like to share my experience on view and play XDCAM MXF file with Media Player Classic without audio problem, which can be divided into two parts.

Part 1: Transcode XDCAM MXF to suitable output format like MP4, MOV, WMV, etc for Media Player Classic

Step1. Accurately load XDCAM MXF file

Available download this MXF viewer app trial version. Click "add video" or "add folder" to load MXF file. You also can drag MXF to this MXF viewer directly.
In order to avoid of no audio in source MXF file, you'd better to preview loaded MXF files in the preview window to guarantee the output files will also be with sound.
Snapshot function seems pretty good when preview MXF file.

If you want to merge MXF files into one file, just need to check the "Merge into one" box. Meanwhile you can split one big MXF file into several clips.

transmxf-pro-import-20131216.png

Step2. Select suitable formats like MOV, MP4, WMV for MPC

Here takesWMV as example. Click the "Format" option and choose Common Video >WMV as output format. Then select the destination folder by clicking “Output” folder icon to put and save your converted videos. You can directly text output formats in the search bar, even faster.

Tip:
Media Player Classic (MPC) Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats:
WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV

transmxf-pro-export-20131216.png

Step3. Set audio and video profile

Click “Settings” button to customize the output video and audio settings by yourself. You can change the resolution, bitrates, and frame rate as you need before you convert XDCAM MXF to Media Player Classic. You can also use the default parameters, they will ensure you a good balance between file size and image quality basically.

From Profile list, you can easily compare the profile of source MXF and export files, as well as your free disc space. The triangle icons on the right are to view different tasks.

transmxf-pro-profile-20131216.png

Step4. Transcode XDCAM MXF to Media Player Classic

This MXF viewer app will run conversion at super fast speed. Not for a while, you will finish MXF to Media Player Classic favorable formats with video and audio synchronization. You can preview raw MXF and generated file when conversion completed. And with just a click on "Open output folder", you can locate the output file.

Part 2: View and Play converted MXF in Media Player Classic

Come to this part, Any MXF files converter has done a super job. MXF is incompatible and it's hard to play and see MXF videos directly. To view MXF file flawlessly in MPC, a proper option is to transcode MXF to compatible formats for window player with an available MXF viewer.

Do check the steering coupling as well, if you hear tok tok sound while turning, chances that steering coupling already gone, but no safety issues according to TCM. Next, check the ignition coil, if car is sluggish and lack of power. At 90k km, its abt time to change the spark plug, dont wait till it reach 100k km

Heard spark plug is quite expensive for Latio

• Praise 1

I heard this about Latio from a guy who was washing car next to me recently.

He says that his car engine kaput at the 9th year and it costs few thousands to replace.

He claims the engine of Latio is aluminum made unlike most cars made of cast iron!

He further claims that it's because of the aluminum engine that gives Latio good fuel efficiency.

Not sure how true this is but certainly interesting info!!

• Praise 5

I heard this about Latio from a guy who was washing car next to me recently.

He says that his car engine kaput at the 9th year and it costs few thousands to replace.

He claims the engine of Latio is aluminum made unlike most cars made of cast iron!

He further claims that it's because of the aluminum engine that gives Latio good fuel efficiency.

Not sure how true this is but certainly interesting info!!

Al is used for its light weight + ability to withstand high temperature .

Frankly people like them know nuts and probably never maintain the engine that leads to the breakdown.

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 1

Frankly people like them know nuts and probably never maintain the engine that leads to the breakdown.

Haha! Think likely you are right! Jap cars n their engines anyway known to be durable so may have to take what he says with a pinch of salt, cheers!!

• Praise 5

Heard spark plug is quite expensive for Latio

it is more expensive, however do note you only need to replace every 100k km as compared to some cars that replace every 10k, 20k etc.

although i already sold my latio this year, i must admit it is rather problem free except for its lousy aircon issues.

• Praise 1

Yes. Newer cars already move to Aluminium engine.

Cast Iron is old technology.

Latio is like 100kg lighter than similar size Korean make.

it is more expensive, however do note you only need to replace every 100k km as compared to some cars that replace every 10k, 20k etc.

although i already sold my latio this year, i must admit it is rather problem free except for its lousy aircon issues.

Mine, replace aircon at 4th year.

Other than this, it is a good car.

• Praise 2

Haha! Think likely you are right! Jap cars n their engines anyway known to be durable so may have to take what he says with a pinch of salt, cheers!!

Toyota, Honda, Subaru and Suzuki are using AL engine blocks.

Old BMWs were running on iron blocks, but they have turned to AL too.....

STi and Evo also using AL engine block, so what toking him?

• Praise 1

Toyota, Honda, Subaru and Suzuki are using AL engine blocks.

Old BMWs were running on iron blocks, but they have turned to AL too.....

STi and Evo also using AL engine block, so what toking him?

Unfortunately I not so knowledgeable as u guys so couldn't rebut him on the spot. Then again he quite poor thing in the last year of ownership n kena fork out few k for the replacement so no point I rub it in even if I knew.

• Praise 4