Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
43 replies to this topic | 223 praises

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:33 PM

Jokerd
  • Jokerd
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Sorry I'm new at this.

Let's say I want to buy a new car. The dealer offering a trade-in value for my current car at 60K

The new car itself cost 140k

Currently, MAS limitation is that car loan can only go for 60% (presuming that OMV is < 20K)

So with the above, is the loan amount I can take 60% of 140k? Or is the loan amount counted after the trade-in (60% of 140k-60k)

Can the trade-in value count as the up-front payment so I don't need to pay 40% (56k) of the car price up front?

Chickenfarm and Furrynadz praised this

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Sorry I'm new at this.

Let's say I want to buy a new car. The dealer offering a trade-in value for my current car at 60K

Currently, MAS limitation is that car loan can only go for 60% (presuming that OMV is < 20K)

So with the above, is the loan amount I can take 60% of 140k? Or is the loan amount counted after the trade-in (60% of 140k-60k)

Can the trade-in value count as the up-front payment so I don't need to pay 40% (56k) of the car price up front?

Yes, you can take 60% of 140K for the loan. 

You have to fork out 40% for downpayment which is 56K, your trade in value is more than enuff to cover the downpayment.

Jokerd and Laserjet praised this

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You have to fork out 40% for downpayment which is 56K, your trade in value is more than enuff to cover the downpayment.

yes remaining can buy insurance

Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yes remaining can buy insurance

...and first month installment. [grin]

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:02 AM

2BDriver
  • Premium member
    2BDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

...and first month installment. [grin]

Please remind him about some money for car wash  [:p]  

Chickenfarm and Berncsp76 praised this

Worrying is like a rocking chair,  keeps moving you forward and backward forever wasting your time and gets you to nowhere.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Please remind him about some money for car wash  [:p]  

Car wash for new car is a big no-no bro... [sweatdrop]  [laugh]

Darthrevan and Chickenfarm praised this

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:34 AM

Will_I_Am
  • Premium member
    Will_I_Am
    5th Gear
    Author Image

That's provided his existing car is fully paid up.

Not everyone is like Trottle2 leh ... [sweatdrop]

Jokerd praised this
You only live once - Enjoy it!

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:54 AM

Jokerd
  • Jokerd
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Thank you all for the comments.

Darthrevan praised this

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:36 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sorry I'm new at this.

Good luck.

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

Check13
  • Check13
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I think if trade in 60k means they will price car higher at 200k n then loan 60% of that n down 40% which is $80k. You still need to fork out $20k assuming no more o/s loan.

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Sorry I'm new at this.

up your rep points, ...ask the dealer to work out for u

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

Newcarbuyer
  • Newcarbuyer
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Sorry, side tracking.....

I own an Axio but it's too small for my family. Thinking of getting a 2nd hand SUV that seats 6 - 7 pax.

What would be a good choice? Budget ard 80k.

Would crossroad be a good pick?

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:53 AM

Chowyunfatt
  • Premium member
    Chowyunfatt
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I own an Axio but it's too small for my family. Thinking of getting a 2nd hand SUV that seats 6 - 7 pax.

For ferrying passengers, an SUV is no match for an MPV … even when its a 7 seater, unless your passengers are small children …  [nod]

Its Not How You Pick Your Nose...Its Where You Flick The Booger...!!!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

Rayoflight
  • Rayoflight
    5th Gear
    Author Image

For existing car-

trade in value = 60k

outstanding loan = ??

Top up or get back money after full settlement = ?? (60K - O/S loan)

new car = 140k

Downpayment = 40% ~ 56K

Loan amount = 140K - (DP: 40% ~ 56K) - (funds from sale of car) = ??

Edited by Rayoflight, 19 December 2013 - 02:27 PM.

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

Qpik
  • Premium member
    Qpik
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Sry TS to hijack yr thread cos I hv qtns rather similar to yrs...

If we scrap it ourselves, would we be able to get a better deal than trading current car in? Do we call in scrap operators or how? For those who have done it or have the knowledge, could you plse share cos I've read up LTA procedures but still want to find out other options. TIA for advice.

It is difficult to make a Man understand anything especially when his salary expect him not to understand anything.

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:11 AM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    Author Image

For ferrying passengers, an SUV is no match for an MPV … even when its a 7 seater, unless your passengers are small children …  [nod]

SUV like sorento and Q7 cannot sit comfortable with 6-7 ppl meh?

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:08 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Daihatsu Terios 7 is another good alternative. Similar runnning cost as your Axio.

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:12 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I would say get sorento if die die want suv

If not go for mpv like wish, stream, picasso all these should be good enough
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

Wickham
  • Wickham
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Sry TS to hijack yr thread cos I hv qtns rather similar to yrs...

If we scrap it ourselves, would we be able to get a better deal than trading current car in? Do we call in scrap operators or how? For those who have done it or have the knowledge, could you plse share cos I've read up LTA procedures but still want to find out other options. TIA for advice.

Depends.
PML offered me more than double my scrap value to entice me to buy its last 1-series.
Other dealers will take in at scrap value and do all the paperwork for me ie. if I were to buy from them.

If you find a one-stop scrap dealer without the hassle, pls share too k.
Mine's due in Feb. Tks!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:51 AM

Achee
  • Premium member
    Achee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Depends.
PML offered me more than double my scrap value to entice me to buy its last 1-series.
Other dealers will take in at scrap value and do all the paperwork for me ie. if I were to buy from them.

If you find a one-stop scrap dealer without the hassle, pls share too k.
Mine's due in Feb. Tks!

Dealers must also include the car body value in addition to the scrap value.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users