Question About Exhaust Muffler

QQDreamer

Supercharged

haha, me 2, i have been driven more than 10 cars in my entire working life. and i modified or changed my exhaust in all my cars.

even if its just a worthless car. i juz like the vroom vroom sound from the exhaust to injet some sparks to the boring trips.

You always drive without aircon isit ? If with aircon on, and windows all up, how to hear the vroom vroom sound leh ?

↡ Advertisement

haha, me 2, i have been driven more than 10 cars in my entire working life. and i modified or changed my exhaust in all my cars.

even if its just a worthless car. i juz like the vroom vroom sound from the exhaust to injet some sparks to the boring trips.

base on my experience, you can get it operated for $180.

Yup bro.. u share same sentiments as me. Like the vroom vroom sound: )

Supercharged

You always drive without aircon isit ? If with aircon on, and windows all up, how to hear the vroom vroom sound leh ?

80% aircon / 20% without aircon during cool night.

well, my wife can hears the different from the cabin with aircon.

(few days after i changed to a new car) she would say: you mod your exhaust again?!! [lipsrsealed]

car without vroom vroom is so boring, it makes me look so old. wahaha [sly]

Yup bro.. u share same sentiments as me. Like the vroom vroom sound: )

juz go for it, you only live once. enjoy life to your fullest. beside the sound, it also improve HP a little.

well, if you intend to do it the illegal way (mod the stock buffer), get it done without the tell tales sign or LTA will come after you.

those pro exhaust shop should know what to do.

enjoy!

80% aircon / 20% without aircon during cool night.

well, my wife can hears the different from the cabin with aircon.

(few days after i changed to a new car) she would say: you mod your exhaust again?!! [lipsrsealed]

car without vroom vroom is so boring, it makes me look so old. wahaha [sly]

juz go for it, you only live once. enjoy life to your fullest. beside the sound, it also improve HP a little.

well, if you intend to do it the illegal way (mod the stock buffer), get it done without the tell tales sign or LTA will come after you.

those pro exhaust shop should know what to do.

enjoy!

how do you know there is HP gain? you go for dyno test? or was it your butt feel that the HP gain?

Supercharged

how do you know there is HP gain? you go for dyno test? or was it your butt feel that the HP gain?

butt feel of the smoother ride.

am not a power hungry driver and i dont usually poke people, so am quite happy with the gain for that little money spent.

ok la, mai hiam bay pai lor. [drivingcar]

Dear All,

I had bought my 9-yr-old Vios last year. I had just send it for inspection and it failed the test as the exhaust muffler was assumed to be tampered with. Can anyone recommend a reliable workshop preferably in the west of Singapore that is able to replace my muffler with a second-hand legal one ? Thanks!

Dear All,

I had bought my 9-yr-old Vios last year. I had just send it for inspection and it failed the test as the exhaust muffler was assumed to be tampered with. Can anyone recommend a reliable workshop preferably in the west of Singapore that is able to replace my muffler with a second-hand legal one ? Thanks!

What kinda workshop bother to keep such a muffler. It's better you go to the scrapyard to find one. One phone call away only.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/listing.php?COM=scrap+yards

• Praise 1

Hi Bro Watwheels,

I'm aware that I can find one from the scrapyards. But getting one from a workshop will give me some assurance that there's someone I can look for if I have any problem with it in the future even if it is a more expensive option.

Some kind brothers have already recommend workshops that do "bother" to keep such a muffler and for other brands as well.

That was my initial question anyway. Later on another brother even offered to give me his old muffler for free.

But I guess for some ignorance is bliss. :)

Hi Bro Watwheels,

I'm aware that I can find one from the scrapyards. But getting one from a workshop will give me some assurance that there's someone I can look for if I have any problem with it in the future even if it is a more expensive option.

Some kind brothers have already recommend workshops that do "bother" to keep such a muffler and for other brands as well.

That was my initial question anyway. Later on another brother even offered to give me his old muffler for free.

But I guess for some ignorance is bliss. :)

My advise for you is to get one from scrapyard and replace it permanently on your ride. Dont depend workshop to keep for you. Now govt is very particular about modifications. Why invite more trouble?

Hi Bro Mkman,

It is permanently on my ride now and I had passed the re-inspection with it. All done in an hour. :)

Thanks for your reminder !

inside corroded already. bit and pieces over time cause the metal pieces to drop on the muffler body causing the sound. When my exhaust was dismantled, i shake it it is like large pieces of metal is hitting again each other. Conculsion, replace muffler to solve ur problem

what exhaust did u change? after market or stock?