You can

Jman888

Company’s amazing response to angry customer blows up web, sends sales skyrocketing
December 14, 2013 by Janeen Capizola 108 Comments
Ryan ClarkAn American businessman from an American company that embodies the American spirit catapulted his bottle works business into the stratosphere with his epic, now gone viral, retort to an angry, ignorant customer.
Meet Ryan Clark, co-founder of Liberty Bottleworks in Yakima, Washington, who responded on Facebook to an unidentified Michigan woman’s complaints that no one from the company was available over the weekend to assist her, even though, according to her, “it is the holidays, you should be working.”
Keeping in line with Liberty’s promise to consumers – “Stewardship – it is not just our responsibility, it is our liberty!” – Clark simply told the woman his employees will not be available on the weekends to help her because they are home enjoying time with their families.
“Family first, product second,” Clark wrote, gently chastising:
[We] pride ourselves on doing things well, we pride ourselves on doing things right, we pride ourselves on doing things the American way.
Not instant gratification, 24 hour shopping on Thanksgiving type of American way but, family and country type of American way. The way our grandparents did things type of American way.
I am sorry you are upset and I will gladly give you your money back, but I am not sorry our employees were enjoying the holidays.
That right is not exclusive to you.
According to multiple reports, Clark’s post went viral after an employee posted it on Reddit, generating over 10,000 new Facebook “likes” since Monday and slamming the company with new orders from supportive consumers.
“You can’t give up your people for profit,” Clark told KIMA-TV. “You can’t give up your ethics, beliefs or your core principals simply for another bottle sale.”
liberty-response-2013-ad-week.jpg

something to think about during this festive season, how many people still have their purchases on delivery and yet to arrive. Dun rush them and complaint, i know mine will sure come after xmas and probably after new year [:(]

but read about how others' view and comment HERE

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

As if we never encounter such ppl before. Late morning call on a Saturday, telling me,"my customer urgently need this done". And this thing will require 3 working days including other things. So I told him if you want us to do it over the weekend, sure, double the price. He went berserk and I told him that the company need to comply with MOM rules on paying employees OT on Saturday & double on days like Sunday. I said go talk to your customer first, see whether they will accept. When he calls back I can't be bothered to pick up coz knock off liao. He LLST have to wait til Monday to get things started. Want ppl to work OT but expecting to pay same price? Go fxxk spider lah.

• Praise 11

As if we never encounter such ppl before. Late morning call on a Saturday, telling me,"my customer urgently need this done". And this thing will require 3 working days including other things. So I told him if you want us to do it over the weekend, sure, double the price. He went berserk and I told him that the company need to comply with MOM rules on paying employees OT on Saturday & double on days like Sunday. I said go talk to your customer first, see whether they will accept. When he calls back I can't be bothered to pick up coz knock off liao. He LLST have to wait til Monday to get things started. Want ppl to work OT but expecting to pay same price? Go fxxk spider lah.

Halo...spider also have family and need to enjoy weekend hor! Leave the spider alone [flowerface]

• Praise 7

Halo...spider also have family and need to enjoy weekend hor! Leave the spider alone [flowerface]

if the spiders are husband and wife then ok, cos that is the only family time to do it [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

I think most in sales / customer service will get this before. Typical Singaporeans, want free things last minute, don't want to pay extra for OT.

Good for you! I kena one POS customer like this too. Fired them already.. Abusive some more.. Scold my mother / father and even my receptionist.

• Praise 4

PAP will never understand this although I really wish they do. Their endless quest for GDP (so as to ask for pay hikes and obscene bonuses) has put a very heavy toll on the people (over crowding, breakdown of infrastructure, job competition, worse lifestyle...). GDP is up, so what? Most of the time it is highly tweaked and most importantly, benefits none of the citizens (well other than the ministers)!

• Praise 6

Such things will never happen in our society. Customer first policy is what everybody is harping...

always happen in Singapore when you walk into a shop at 930pm, you get "sorry sir, we are closing" some even as early as 845pm. Hong Kong has late night shopping but not here.

Has anyone even bothered trying to speak to the custy services here in sgp? banks, gahmen, telecommunications , insurance companies etc etc. I have come to the following conclusion

no PRIDE in their work. Robotic and like to use scripted answers. They usually don't even try and understand what the custy is saying.. they already have the preset reply.

From my personal point of view, i try to make it a point to the officer at the other end IF i raise my voice.. do not take it personal.. its the situation i am frustrated with nothing personal.. If offence taken, i apologize in advance

Try calling booking a flight through jetstar's... (NOT PROMOTING!!)... Think their centre is based in australia or new zealand.. Darn professional and helpful... ie.. and we the consumers that put up with it, hence the local culture/training condones such service levels..

• Praise 1

Got hang this in ur office boh? :D

post-1105-0-21230000-1387346167.jpg

• Praise 8

PAP will never understand this although I really wish they do. Their endless quest for GDP (so as to ask for pay hikes and obscene bonuses) has put a very heavy toll on the people (over crowding, breakdown of infrastructure, job competition, worse lifestyle...). GDP is up, so what? Most of the time it is highly tweaked and most importantly, benefits none of the citizens (well other than the ministers)!

I could not have said it better bro. Whats worse these hypocritical pap dogs on paper "support family friendly work life balance" but in reality ita all a wayang show. In the private sector 12hr work days are the norm.

And they pretend to be puzzeled when fertility rates remain low. The GDP growth only benefits the glcs n companies. Employees get nothing. Well said bro.

↡ Advertisement