Check Your Tyres!

Jerichol

For heaven sake, the sake of your family and friends riding with you and your fellow drivers around you. Please check the conditions of your tyres!

I have seen several cars that have skidded when negotiating the bends after Maxwell Road exit towards airport. Fortunately the drivers and passengers of those cars were seen to be fine as they were making calls or standing around probably waiting for a tow.

Anyway, your tyres are what keep your car on the road so please don't be stingy when choosing a set of good tyres but more importantly ensure they are in good condition with sufficient threading left to cut water on rainy days! Even if you hardly drive and there are ample threads left, tyres do harden and lose its effectiveness so change it if it has been more than two years? The manufacturing date can be found on the tyres.

Take care and Merry Christmas!

↡ Advertisement

I thought tires can last 4 to 6 years? But due to singapore extreme weather, I think we should change every three years. A quote from Bridgestone.

This is a subject of much debate within the tyre industry and no tyre expert can tell exactly how long a tyre will last. However, on the results of experience many tyre companies, including Bridgestone, warrant their tyres against manufacturing and material defects for five years from the date of manufacture. Based on their understanding a number of vehicle manufacturers are now advising against the use of tyres that are more than six years old due to the effects of ageing.

I thought tires can last 4 to 6 years? But due to singapore extreme weather, I think we should change every three years. A quote from Bridgestone.

I believe the warranty apply to tyres that remain on the shelf but when it is installed, I doubt any manufacturer will warrant it for five to six years. If they do, I think they will subject themselves to claims and law suit. I would interpret that the tyres that are on the shelf for two three years we should not buy it and insist on a set that is at most a year old. A search on the WWW you will easily find how to interpret the manufacturing date on a tyre.

Save on LED lightings, ICE, interior accessories, meters, etc but we should not save on tyres.

• Praise 2

My tires already 5 years old,still got 50% left,but stil grip well...

Only very noisy.

5 year need to change liao la..

rubber be drying and cracking..

not worth the risk at all..

My tires already 5 years old,still got 50% left,but stil grip well...

Only very noisy.

Think it's time to change unless u intend to sell your car. Anyway it wont last for the entire Coe life span, right?

True, I normally replace all 4 tires every 3 years for better grip and comfort... Spending $600 on a decent set of tires that last 3 years is definitely worth the money.

Always Safety First :)

• Praise 2

For heaven sake, the sake of your family and friends riding with you and your fellow drivers Singaporeans around you. Please check the conditions of your tyres MPs!

I have seen several cars government policies that have skidded when negotiating the bends after Maxwell Road economic crisis exit towards airport recovery. Fortunately the drivers and passengers affected Singaporeans of those cars policies were seen to be fine as they were making calls or standing around probably waiting for a tow new election.

Anyway, your tyres MPs are what keep your car on the road policies on track so please don't be stingy when choosing a set of good tyres MPs but more importantly ensure they are in good condition with sufficient threading left competence to cut water through issues on rainy days! Even if you hardly drive care about politics and there are ample threads other MPs left, tyres MPs do harden lose touch and lose its effectiveness so change it if it has been more than two years? The manufacturing date year of entering politics can be found on the tyres MPs' CVs.

Thanks for the concern,i have been monitoring the tyres,if any crack detected,i will change it,but so far no problem,except 1 of the tyre's valve leaking,just replaced all 4 last week,because of my expensive tyre size[about $600-700 each],i need to use it a bit longer.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Thanks for the concern,i have been monitoring the tyres,if any crack detected,i will change it,but so far no problem,except 1 of the tyre's valve leaking,just replaced all 4 last week,because of my expensive tyre size[about $600-700 each],i need to use it a bit longer.

some cracks can't be seen with the naked eyes. no point saving afew dollars but in the end, pay a fortune for repair.

its not worth the risk.

• Praise 1

For heaven sake, the sake of your family and friends riding with you and your fellow drivers Singaporeans around you. Please check the conditions of your tyres MPs!

I have seen several cars government policies that have skidded when negotiating the bends after Maxwell Road economic crisis exit towards airport recovery. Fortunately the drivers and passengers affected Singaporeans of those cars policies were seen to be fine as they were making calls or standing around probably waiting for a tow new election.

Anyway, your tyres MPs are what keep your car on the road policies on track so please don't be stingy when choosing a set of good tyres MPs but more importantly ensure they are in good condition with sufficient threading left competence to cut water through issues on rainy days! Even if you hardly drive care about politics and there are ample threads other MPs left, tyres MPs do harden lose touch and lose its effectiveness so change it if it has been more than two years? The manufacturing date year of entering politics can be found on the tyres MPs' CVs.

Wah.. like that also can ah? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Want to run big wide tires but can't bear to spend to replace them? Change to smaller ones then... Even new lower performance tires grip better than uhp but old tires.

• Praise 2

Want to run big wide tires but can't bear to spend to replace them? Change to smaller ones then... Even new lower performance tires grip better than uhp but old tires.

[thumbsup]

is pointless to upgrade tyre and rim size but downgrade the tyre Quality [smash]

I will rather spend invest more dollars on tyre Quailty instead of Size and look

most new cars are equipped with wide tyres that more than enough, just go for better Quailty one [thumbsup]

If you are person that not sure about any up size of tyre , stick to Original size or Approved size by car maker just go for Good tyres you wont go wrong. [nod]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2