During traffic jam in expressway

Thaiyotakamli

Lane Option  

27 members have voted

1. 1. In which lane normally you chose during jam in expressway?

• Lane 1
    • Lane 2
    • Lane 3
    • Lane 4

Hi

just to share with you guys, normally in traffic jam in expressway like in PIE, CTE and AYE which often jam up during peak hours, which lane you guys choose to drive in?

For me I choose lane 3, definitely avoid lane 1 and 2

↡ Advertisement

bro all lane abt the same. Lane 2.3 and 4 got obstructed view while lane 1 have road hogging(Taxi70% and pte car 30%) So it auto balance out

i mean like when there is jam, lane 3 is the fastest as normally accidents happen in lane 1 or sometimes in lane 2 so these two lanes normally merge into one lane causing slower jam as compared to lane 3 moreover lane 3 many vehicles exiting so make lane 3 or may lane 4 as fastest lane if dont want to be trapped in jam

anyway this is what i observed :D

Hi

just to share with you guys, normally in traffic jam in expressway like in PIE, CTE and AYE which often jam up during peak hours, which lane you guys choose to drive in?

For me I choose lane 3, definitely avoid lane 1 and 2

Depends. I prefer to choose the lane that is moving faster.

Sometimes accident on lane 1 so I keep to lane 2 or 3.

Otherwise I see if Im turning off soon, then I keep to center then left lane. If I got a long way to go, I usually stay in the right lane 1.

Unless there is an accident on a particular lane, It makes no difference now.

During slow traffic conditions due to bottlenecks, Its a "free for all" now on our expressways, especially for lorries, trucks like Toyota dynas, Nissan cabstar, Renault kangoos etc. Foreign Factory buses, long vehicles (since they do not have speed limits) compounded to the problem.

There is simply no lane discipline on our roads, especially on our expressways. It seems that lane 3/4 are "haunted.

These slower vehicles always drive on "one" lane from the right (regardless of the no. of lanes on the expressways)

and overtake on lane 1.

The situation has deteriorated so much that the traffic on our expressways are no different from those in neighbouring countries like Jakarta.

Can anyone advice whether highway code/traffic act forbid "heavy" vehicles from driving on lane 2?

I can't find it.

Otherwise, the authorities are simply sleeping and boh chap.

Edited by Buckrogers
  • Praise 1

Can anyone advice whether highway code/traffic act forbid "heavy" vehicles from driving on lane 2?

I can't find it.

Otherwise, the authorities are simply sleeping and boh chap.

"Heavy vehicles keep right" rule prob don't exist anymore.

HV & goods vehicles are now auth for 60 km/h.

In most of the expressways, they have the "right" to be on Lane 2 - because the overall speed is most of the time slow or there is some slow buggers infront. And most times Lane 2 is the INNER MOST in their destination of travel.

Example that part in PIE twds Changi - before turn-off to BKE.

So I have realised this and not used my horn on them anymore

The confirmation is - I have seen TP passing them without any action taken..

Lane 3 u need to be careful with vehicle from slip road filtering into the express way. Lane 2 u need to be careful with kuku driver from lane 1 and 3 cutting into your lane. Lane 1 u need to be careful with two wheeler zoominng pass on your left and also day dreamer infront appling sudden break.

The conclusion. No right/best lane to drive on our congested express way. Drive safe and defensive.

• Praise 2

"Heavy vehicles keep right" rule prob don't exist anymore.

HV & goods vehicles are now auth for 60 km/h.

In most of the expressways, they have the "right" to be on Lane 2 - because the overall speed is most of the time slow or there is some slow buggers infront. And most times Lane 2 is the INNER MOST in their destination of travel.

Example that part in PIE twds Changi - before turn-off to BKE.

So I have realised this and not used my horn on them anymore

The confirmation is - I have seen TP passing them without any action taken..

Your last sentence is correct. I have seen it myself.

What I cannot swallow is they always use "overall speed on our expressways are lower, so we have no choice but to increase ERP"...

With 60-70 kmh vehicles occupying all the lanes or private cars/taxis are only left with lane 1, how to increase the speed? It's obvious that the speed limited vehicles are either hogging at 70kmh or speeding above that to keep up with the cars.

It just make no sense to pay more and get the same traffic condition.

I seldom get caught in jams. Plus I avoid peak hour and travel early. More joy to drive in less congested roads.

If jam is due to accident it's always becoz of Kay Pohs slowing to a crawl to look at accident site. If drivers cannot be bothered and quickly move on the traffic flow would have been a lot better. And a lot of these Kay Pohs are cab drivers coz life is so boring for them that this is the only "action" they will ever get. Haha...

on expressway esp AYE lane 3 and 2 are wasted due to van and lorries using them. So only left lane 1 for normal cars who want to travel at 80-90. Because of that there is no more overtaking lane in Singapore expressways..

normally ill take lane 2 during a jam~ no particular reason..

what bothers me are all the lorries hogging up lane 2, then only left lane 1 to use :/

what makes it worse is when some private cars road hog on lane 1... [sweatdrop]

on expressway esp AYE lane 3 and 2 are wasted due to van and lorries using them. So only left lane 1 for normal cars who want to travel at 80-90. Because of that there is no more overtaking lane in Singapore expressways..

Aye indeed too much jam and trucks, so normally i avoid aye and took west coast highway

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

Lane 1 always jam damn heavily due to brakesters. They couldn't drive gradually else the jam wouldn't be such a great impact on lane 1.

indeed..that's why it's Lane 1 mostly jammed..due to fast accelerating and braking effect..as a safety precaution I'll take lane 3 so I don't have to be so tensed up and brake so often

• Praise 1

80/90 only during school holiday season,office hrs and weekend. Peak hrs you will be happy if u can attain 50.

Lane 3/4. Agreed with what Darthrevan said.

indeed..that's why it's Lane 1 mostly jammed..due to fast accelerating and braking effect..as a safety precaution I'll take lane 3 so I don't have to be so tensed up and brake so often