Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE)

Porker

Check the jam from MCE and ECP exits to Central Boulevard. The bottle neck is at the cross junction just beside MBFC Tower 3. Good luck to all those who drive to work via Central Boulevard. I will refrain from commenting on the competent authority LOL.
2nd pic
3rd pic

post-4638-0-42431000-1388297709_thumb.jpg

post-4638-0-56594900-1388297807_thumb.jpg

post-4638-0-52544200-1388297870_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

world class indeed..if it even get jammed on a Sunday..I cannot imagine the load on weekday workdays [shakehead]

BINGO! LOL

No traffic simulation runs in the early stages of planning? Could the jam be caused by gawkers and spectators going for a joy-ride on the first day? It had better be else Lui Tuck Yew is going to be in for another world of hurt...

• Praise 1

No traffic simulation runs in the early stages of planning? Could the jam be caused by gawkers and spectators going for a joy-ride on the first day? It had better be else Lui Tuck Yew is going to be in for another world of hurt...

I believe LTA had conducted a traffic impact assessment but it's really mind boggling why this happened.

That junction just beside Tower 3 is the bottleneck. It has nothing to do with gawkers and spectators. Come take a look from above and you will instantly realize the problem LOL

• Praise 1

Was there in the morning.

Apparently, some entrances to the MCE at the Shenton area is closed, and the only usable road out is via the old ECP shears bridge, from the exit from the MFC/MBS side.

It also seems the connecting flyover over keppel road from Harbourfront is also not moving much.

The way there from KPE to MCE to ECP is smooth though, 5-6 lanes wide. Impressive width for an underground E-way

• Praise 1

I believe LTA had conducted a traffic impact assessment but it's really mind boggling why this happened.

That junction just beside Tower 3 is the bottleneck. It has nothing to do with gawkers and spectators. Come take a look from above and you will instantly realize the problem LOL

I can already imagine. No point having a twenty lane expressway if the exits are only single/dual lane without a smooth connection to arterial roads. Ha ha freaking ha!!! Lui!!!!!!! Somebody needs to remove this nitwit whose only claim to fame is taking pre-arranged rides on public transport for photo shoots.

• Praise 4

No point having a twenty lane expressway if the exits are only single/dual lane without a smooth connection to arterial roads.

LOL!!! That's why I think you're one of the smartest and sharpest dudes around here.

• Praise 1

The MFC/MBS side is business as usual, criss-crossing traffic junctions prior entry to ECP> Shears bridge.... wait... ain't this part closed, or converted to Shears Ave?

I think something happened in MCE in the morning, and the jam is so bad they have to reopen the Shears Bridge part of the express way, as they seem to also refuse vehicle entry to MCE from the MFC/MBS Side, in addition to the Keppel/Shenton side(nearer M Hotel).

Good luck to those using ECP as their daily routine to the golden shoe...

Check the jam from MCE and ECP exits to Central Boulevard. The bottle neck is at the cross junction just beside MBFC Tower 3. Good luck to all those who drive to work via Central Boulevard. I will refrain from commenting on the competent authority LOL.

2nd pic

3rd pic

Sibey clever road planning.
  • Praise 1