China's Xiaomi Is Coming ...

Picnic06-Biante15

That is correct.

Only the SIM selected as "default SIM" will operate at 4G voice call spectrum. The other SIM slot auto defaulted to 2G voice call spectrum.

I finally understood what @Kusje is asking. For Kusje, he shd be looking at Mi5 as it is capable to doing voice calls in 3/ 4G spectrum concurrently for both SIM slots.

I am not sure if this issue can be addressed in firmware upgrades as current Mi phones with dual 4G slots are capable of operating voice 3/ 4G but only 1 at a time with the non-selected SIM operating at 2G.

I called up xiaomi

they confirmed none of their phones can do 3g/4g for 2 sim cards at the same time

• Praise 2

I called up xiaomi

they confirmed none of their phones can do 3g/4g for 2 sim cards at the same time

mean data can only come from one sim, but both sim can make call and sms.

• Praise 1

I called up xiaomi

I got a friend using XM ... damn slow the fone . Take a pic , must wait 5 sec . duh  :lll._.:

• Praise 3

I got a friend using XM ... damn slow the fone . Take a pic , must wait 5 sec . duh  :lll._.:

hehe

gonna be my new ahem phone [sly]

didnt ask hahah , ave model i guess , she meow piao one . wont buy expensive model

My father's redmi 1 quite slow also. But that is the 1st gen. Old man don't need processing power.

if he don't use much apps (which most case are), use basic windows phone...

You will be amazed... It just doesn't lag with age and even with memory to the brim.

But, wp 8 and 10 has resuming screen issues....

Those vintage wp7.5 are  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

Can pin frequently used contacts to screen also. No need search address book... Best phone for senior citizens.

My father's redmi 1 quite slow also. But that is the 1st gen. Old man don't need processing power.

Edited by Kangadrool

Errr, this was discussed before.

Both SIMs are 4G that means both can access 4G networks but might not be at the same time.

For most phones, you select 1 sim card with which you want to access the internet - the other sim card will default to 2G for voice only.... Once 2G service is cut off next year, the 2nd sim will not work.

i called M1... they say when 2G cutoff.. just change sim card to 3G but still can use 2G...... that's what they tell me.. because my dad still on 2G plan... $10 a month

how to use 2G when 2G network is taken down? [confused]

i called M1... they say when 2G cutoff.. just change sim card to 3G but still can use 2G...... that's what they tell me.. because my dad still on 2G plan... $10 a month

Turbocharged

mean data can only come from one sim, but both sim (1 SIM in 3/4G voice, 1 SIM in 2G voice) can make call and sms.

Confirm BS from M1....

It will still be useful if you travel to other coutries with 2G network. No need to bring 2 phones.

Yes, but one of the SIM is on 2G network, which means no road use come 2017.

Hypersonic

should I get redmi note 2 or note 3?

the difference for me is $50

cause telco wanna give me $100 for renewing broadband line

Hypersonic

just get the newest one lor.

Older one, if later got some software or firmware problem, they won't update firmware liao.

The only company i know that does regular firmware updates for even older phones is Sony.

the different is quite significant for $50. 

↡ Advertisement