HUMAN RIGHTS is bulls**t in the war against drugs.

AhJason

We mayb a little red dot...............but we are so hot...........we can burn you alive........... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Very slow precise answers.......I talk like that most of the time as I get older. And my OC hates it....lolll

Unfortunately sometimes only certain people have privelege to talk slow like that. Like your OC it makes people impatient. So do so only when listener got no choice ie when big shot or in court room answering to prosecutor :D

"Per capita of what ?

Per capital of drug traffickers or per capita of the population of Singapore ?"

"I am executing foreign drug traffickers !"

[thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Why ppl say his answers are "slow and precise"?

To me he's damn quick to answer questions thrown at him. Did you see him pause and think? No. Maybe because western journalists or whatever always ask similar questions he don't even have to do much thinking.

There is one on some western journalist who asked him what he did to the gangsters back in the 50s-60s. LKY told him that these gang members were rounded up and locked away indefinitely w/o trial. The journalist said out loud out,"that's preposterous!". LKY asked him how do you make the streets safe to walk at night? How many countries you go to can do that? The journalist of course got tongue tied.

This was printed on the ST many years back. It left a deep impression cause this is how the late Lee did it. No doubt it's controversial but his reasoning make sense.

Ang moh haolian and kaopeh about human rights but for ppl like LKY I must say he has got the balls that ang moh lacks.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Poor thing kenna life sentence. Dunno considered lucky or not that he didn't come to SG to meet the hangman.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/philippines-jails-canadian-for-life-for-selling-ectasy/3185306.html?cid=fbcna

Philippines jails Canadian for life for selling ectasy
police-said-canadian-jeremy-eaton-s-pros

MANILA: A Canadian man has been jailed for life in the Philippines for selling 160 tablets of ecstasy, with his swift prosecution part of President Rodrigo Duterte's drug war, police said Thursday (Oct 6).

Jeremy Eaton, 34, was also ordered to pay a fine of 500,000 pesos (US$10,000) after he was arrested in a raid in June in the financial district of Makati, police said.

They said Eaton's prosecution, done in just three months, was part of Duterte's aggressive campaign against illegal drugs. The crackdown has left more than 3,000 people dead and sparked global condemnation for alleged extrajudicial killings.

"The judiciary has expedited the prosecution of drug cases, and police are now more active so drug cases are really resolved quickly," Enrico Rigor, legal head of the national police's anti-illegal drugs group, told AFP.

Drug cases in the Philippines usually take several years to resolve, Rigor added.

Duterte, 71, won May elections in a landslide on a promise to eradicate the drug menace by killing tens of thousands of criminals to prevent the Philippines from becoming a narco-state.

He also vowed to restore the death penalty in the mainly Catholic nation.

Eaton had insisted on his innocence.

"I walked into the building, I was jumped from behind, told I'm arrested," he told reporters shortly after his arrest.

"I was searched. I had nothing on my body. I never had anything. I think I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time."

The court decision, dated August 31, said his denial could "easily be concocted and is a common and standard defense ploy".

Eaton was arrested along with Australian Damian Berg, who also denied selling ecstasy but whose case is ongoing.

Eaton's conviction was announced in the same week police arrested two local celebrities for allegedly possessing and selling drugs.

- AFP

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 2

I dun understand the sentence.......maybe got pinoy logic but me no pinoy...

If I got a life sentence + USD10K fine..................what can they do to me if I refuse to pay the USD10K? 

Extend my life sentence to my next life? :D 

Poor thing kenna life sentence. Dunno considered lucky or not that he didn't come to SG to meet the hangman.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/philippines-jails-canadian-for-life-for-selling-ectasy/3185306.html?cid=fbcna

police-said-canadian-jeremy-eaton-s-pros

MANILA: A Canadian man has been jailed for life in the Philippines for selling 160 tablets of ecstasy, with his swift prosecution part of President Rodrigo Duterte's drug war, police said Thursday (Oct 6).

Jeremy Eaton, 34, was also ordered to pay a fine of 500,000 pesos (US$10,000) after he was arrested in a raid in June in the financial district of Makati, police said.

They said Eaton's prosecution, done in just three months, was part of Duterte's aggressive campaign against illegal drugs. The crackdown has left more than 3,000 people dead and sparked global condemnation for alleged extrajudicial killings.

"The judiciary has expedited the prosecution of drug cases, and police are now more active so drug cases are really resolved quickly," Enrico Rigor, legal head of the national police's anti-illegal drugs group, told AFP.

Drug cases in the Philippines usually take several years to resolve, Rigor added.

Duterte, 71, won May elections in a landslide on a promise to eradicate the drug menace by killing tens of thousands of criminals to prevent the Philippines from becoming a narco-state.

He also vowed to restore the death penalty in the mainly Catholic nation.

Eaton had insisted on his innocence.

"I walked into the building, I was jumped from behind, told I'm arrested," he told reporters shortly after his arrest.

"I was searched. I had nothing on my body. I never had anything. I think I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time."

The court decision, dated August 31, said his denial could "easily be concocted and is a common and standard defense ploy".

Eaton was arrested along with Australian Damian Berg, who also denied selling ecstasy but whose case is ongoing.

Eaton's conviction was announced in the same week police arrested two local celebrities for allegedly possessing and selling drugs.

- AFP

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1

I dun understand the sentence.......maybe got pinoy logic but me no pinoy...

If I got a life sentence + USD10K fine..................what can they do to me if I refuse to pay the USD10K?

Extend my life sentence to my next life? :D

• Praise 1

You know what, Duterte has a very very clear mission - to eradicate drug problems in the Philippines which previous presidents had ignore for too long. IMO, Duterte comes away a "nicer" person than LKY when comes to screwing interviewers. Don't believe me..Just watch this video.  [:p] 

"If it involves human-rights...I don't give a shit..." (12:20 min)

• Praise 1

You know what, Duterte has a very very clear mission - to eradicate drug problems in the Philippines which previous presidents had ignore for too long. IMO, Duterte comes away a "nicer" person than LKY when comes to screwing interviewers. Don't believe me..Just watch this video. [:p]

"If it involves human-rights...I don't give a shit..." (12:20 min)

I may not agree with the way he carries out his mission, but I fully agree with the intention and spirit of what's he's doing. Protect the next generation from drugs and enable citizens to safely walk along the streets anytime anywhere. That's what LKY and gang had successfully accomplished and it's what living in SG is all about. Screw those who wants to abort death sentence for drug trafficking in the name of Human Rights.

Duterte said it succinctly - When "civilized" Western countries bomb a village to kill a militant along with all the innocents and children, they call it collateral damage. When other countries do the same, they call it murder.

West has used the convenient concept of Human Rights for various agendas including "colonizing" other countries and drone-killing individuals. But of course when AMDK countries do it, it's fully legitimate. Human Rights is great but sadly it becomes a political tool most of the time.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 2

The West human rights concept only applicable to what works for them. It is whole lot of rubbish.

Saddam didnt have chance to apply his human rights when they didn't find any mass destructive bombs. Hahaha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1