Sleep apnea

Ysc3

Do you turn on the air-conditioner at night? You may wish to consider getting a humidifier to help with the dryness that you are experiencing when sleeping.

As the airflow into your throat area has increased tremendously, it is inevitable that you will experience a drying effect especially if the air-conditioner is turned on because air-conditioning dehumidifies the air in the room.

The downside of a humidifier is the maintenance (cleaning) of the hardware that you need to do regularly.

Hi

I use aircon on the first night i got back home. The 2nd night just use ceiling fan. Woke up, tried to control my cough due to dry throat. Quickly gaggle with tap water to wet the throat area.

Been eating small amount of porridge for my 3 meals about 10 tablespoon per serving.

↡ Advertisement

Honestly, im kind of disappointed with sgh. Maybe its because i choose c-class.

Till now hard to swallow food. The throat spray also they gave me 15ml.

What i had is 3 days supply of pill to prevent gastric,steroid. 7 days anti biotic, panadols,lozengers and stronger painkiller.

Just to share with u.

My nephew went cgh for the op during his NS active days

He came back home literally puking blood at night because apparently the wound was still oozing blood at night and his stomach consumed too much of it.

Rush back to cgh and got warded.

Went through ups n downs.

I do believe that if u choose highly subsidized surgery like my nephew, u will have to go thru such ordeal.

No doubt u will still recover eventually.

I went mount E and things only got better each day. Claim insurance right?

• Praise 1

Just to share with u.

My nephew went cgh for the op during his NS active days

He came back home literally puking blood at night because apparently the wound was still oozing blood at night and his stomach consumed too much of it.

Rush back to cgh and got warded.

Went through ups n downs.

I do believe that if u choose highly subsidized surgery like my nephew, u will have to go thru such ordeal.

No doubt u will still recover eventually.

I went mount E and things only got better each day. Claim insurance right?

Yup insurance claim but the initial part was suppose to fork out 5k as the surgery was to use robot. Eventually was settle everything.

Dunno leh. Maybe i still have the mindset off private hospital very expensive even with insurance.

Hi

I use aircon on the first night i got back home. The 2nd night just use ceiling fan. Woke up, tried to control my cough due to dry throat. Quickly gaggle with tap water to wet the throat area.

Been eating small amount of porridge for my 3 meals about 10 tablespoon per serving.

Do give a humidifier a try. It can work wonders where throat dryness is concerned.

You can go for the bigger units that can be loaded with more water and have stronger humidifying effect. The disadvantage is the regular cleaning (weekly?) that you need to do because there are sediments from the impurities in tap water that remain after the water evaporates into the air.

E.g.: http://www.novita.com.sg/humidifier.html

There is a new portable (travel) humidifier that draws its water from a mineral water bottle. I have not used it before and so cannot comment on its effectiveness. However it is much smaller and inexpensive, and I would think that maintenance would be less of an issue given that there is nothing much to clean (bottles can be replaced easily).

E.g.: http://www.satechi.net/index.php/satechi-usb-portable-humidifier-v-1

All the best!

• Praise 3

Wouldn't this have adverse effect on electronic stuff?

Do give a humidifier a try. It can work wonders where throat dryness is concerned.

You can go for the bigger units that can be loaded with more water and have stronger humidifying effect. The disadvantage is the regular cleaning (weekly?) that you need to do because there are sediments from the impurities in tap water that remain after the water evaporates into the air.

E.g.: http://www.novita.com.sg/humidifier.html

There is a new portable (travel) humidifier that draws its water from a mineral water bottle. I have not used it before and so cannot comment on its effectiveness. However it is much smaller and inexpensive, and I would think that maintenance would be less of an issue given that there is nothing much to clean (bottles can be replaced easily).

E.g.: http://www.satechi.net/index.php/satechi-usb-portable-humidifier-v-1

All the best!

Wouldn't this have adverse effect on electronic stuff?

In the context of bro aimnfire's case, the humidifiers serve the purpose of restoring the humidity that is removed by air-conditioners. As long as the setting on the humidifiers is not excessively high and they are not placed too near electronic devices, there should not be any adverse effects on them.

Having said that, I would like to reiterate that humidifiers can become perfect breeding grounds for bacteria, mould and fungi if they are not properly maintained / regularly cleaned so do exercise care when using them.

i was advise by the doctor to use the CPAC machine...

A CPAP machine helps by creating positive pressure in the airway to help keep it open. It may not work for everyone and the only way to know is to try it with various settings.

The drawback of a CPAP machine is the mask that you need to wear when you are sleeping. Some people may not like the feeling of having a mask, especially since it is connected to the machine via a tube. Sleeping movements can sometimes dislodge the mask and cause the escaping air to irritate the face, disrupting sleep.

A CPAP machine helps by creating positive pressure in the airway to help keep it open. It may not work for everyone and the only way to know is to try it with various settings.

The drawback of a CPAP machine is the mask that you need to wear when you are sleeping. Some people may not like the feeling of having a mask, especially since it is connected to the machine via a tube. Sleeping movements can sometimes dislodge the mask and cause the escaping air to irritate the face, disrupting sleep.

yalor must wear mask when sleeping quite disturbing i feel they say to loan and try for 1 month see work anot

Just to update

Im back in hospital

Sunday 2am woke up feeling choking, cough out blood

Rush into a&e

Doc check there was bleeding so might to op again

Thank god the bleeding stop 24 hrs later.

Now waiting to be discharge

↡ Advertisement