Taxi driver dies in early morning crash at Ang Mo Kio Ave 3

Darthrevan

taxi3906e.jpg

taxi3905e.jpg

taxi3904e.jpg

taxi3903e.jpg

Taxi3902e.jpg

A TransCab taxi driver was killed in a crash between his vehicle and a private bus at Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 on Wednesday morning.

The bus driver, who wanted to be known only as Chong, said the cab was trying to turn right from Ang Mo Kio St 22 to Ave 3. His bus, which was ferrying five to six workers to work at a factory in Ang Mo Kio, was going straight on Ave 3 at the time.
Mr Chong, a Malaysian who has been driving in Singapore for four years, claimed he had right of way at the junction. He added that he did not know if the taxi would keep on travelling in his path. Both of them hesitated, said Mr Chong, and when he decided to go ahead, the taxi did too. His bus slammed into the driver's side of the taxi, denting the door inwards.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force said they received a call about a traffice accident at about 6.21 am. The driver of the taxi was trapped and rescued by the SCDF within 10 minutes. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Small road (taxi) should give way to big road (bus) right? Since bus was traveling on the main road, taxi should have wait till the road is clear before making his way out from the small road or his estate cp.

but anyway..... Rest in peace to the taxi driver.

Twincharged

RIP.

If that the taxi driver were to opt for a newer cab, he would still be alive today.

Many of them don't want to get the newer cabs cuz got to pay more rental. Not worth it especially for those who are just driving to pass time.

Many of them don't want to get the newer cabs cuz got to pay more rental. Not worth it especially for those who are just driving to pass time.

LTA came out with a rule, no private cabs allow, all have to go thru Major companies.

If LTA haven't come out with this rule, there will be private cabbies.

Since where they just passing time, they might buy better cab and drive shorter duration.

claimed he had right of way at the junction. He added that he did not know if the taxi would keep on travelling in his path. Both of them hesitated, said Mr Chong, and when he decided to go ahead, the taxi did too. His bus slammed into the driver's side of the taxi, denting the door inwards.

exactly like the video that was post earlier in another thread [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

hitting the door like that is like hitting the roof of a car. u would really need a solid car to avoid death/serious injury.

And bus vs car, odds were against him.

• Praise 1

The lorry hit the G-spot where its the softest......from the damage I do not think the bus driver hesitate.

I totally agree ... what rubbish ... both hesitated and both went for it at the same time! If both hesitated, the damage would not have been so bad!

I totally agree ... what rubbish ... both hesitated and both went for it at the same time! If both hesitated, the damage would not have been so bad!

Yah......think the bus driver was trying to push the responsibility.

He's trying to push away the responsibility. But, looking at the pic and scenario, the bus driver wasn't really at fault (at least not 100%).

The way he described may actually turn against his favour now.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

The lorry hit the G-spot where its the softest......from the damage I do not think the bus driver hesitate.

yeah..

toyota crown.. is a tough and robust ride..

i had an accident with it before..

my rear axle, tyre and rim were goner while the ride only suffered a replacement of headlight.

RIP

Taxi driver turning from St 22 to Ave 3, from small road to big road. Bus travelling straight. No matter what, the taxi driver has to check clear before turning.

↡ Advertisement