Which tyre is most quiet and comfy?

Charmaine12

CPC 5

MICHELIN ENERGY SAVER PLUS

YOKO V551

Goodyear efficient grip

michelin u try go for primacy 3, their latest flagship.

efficientgrip is soft, but u might get turn off by the wooby sidewall.

yoko 551 is quiet, but as usual, raining days very bad

u can consider dunlop ve302 and toyo c1s , both tread pattern very simplar to gr90 and both make in japan.

but price much cheaper. :)

CPC 5

MICHELIN ENERGY SAVER PLUS

YOKO V551

Goodyear efficient grip

of the lot here

get michelin

cpc5 wear fast

yoko 551...u prepare a lot of $ for insurance excess or pvt settlement

efficientgrip soft sidewall and not worth the money

FireStone TZ700 ?

Seems ok so far. Wet not bad also. But I'm an uncle driver.

Used the Firestone TZ700 for about a month, quite affordable. Find it overall ok but braking distance is a little worse than KU31.

Sidewall is also harder. As for noise, well, relatively quiet but there is a soft drone constantly from 40kmh onwards. Not loud but can tell it is the wind generated as the tyres roll....

Used the Firestone TZ700 for about a month, quite affordable. Find it overall ok but braking distance is a little worse than KU31.

Sidewall is also harder. As for noise, well, relatively quiet but there is a soft drone constantly from 40kmh onwards. Not loud but can tell it is the wind generated as the tyres roll....

Drone could be from the 4 drainage lines?

My is 175/65, hence didnt notice it was hard. But saw a GLX with 195/55, & it was those flat surface hard sidewall type. Likewise when i saw a 205/55 on a wish.

Unsure on this but yes, first few weeks notice didnt stop too well but improved along the way. Not sure if its due to my foot adapting.

Edited by Baal

Just to ask how come ppl dont like soft wall, I tot softwall absorb more bumps

too soft is not good, especialy if u need to swerve or ebrake, or hard cornering

is soft is good might as well use 4 marshmallows

Drone could be from the 4 drainage lines?

My is 175/65, hence didnt notice it was hard. But saw a GLX with 195/55, & it was those flat surface hard sidewall type. Likewise when i saw a 205/55 on a wish.

Unsure on this but yes, first few weeks notice didnt stop too well but improved along the way. Not sure if its due to my foot adapting.

===============================================

I used it over a month plus, almost 2k now..the soft hollow drone is something I noticed right after I changed out my KU31 which sounded like bad wheel bearing...Yes, you are right..the drainage lines are quite wide and deep and maybe emitting the drone..did you notice that as well? Not loud but could notice it..it doesn't get louder as you speed though.

Braking is acceptable. Wet handling is not bad but I did not push hard. Mine is 235/45/R18..got it at 180 dollars.

droning, did not really notice as my ride doesnt have good sound insulation for starters.....hence if there was droning, probably just mixed in together with other wind/wheel arch noises.

The deep wide drain lines were the 1st thing I noticed from eye power. Guess should be great against hydroplaning.

My 175/65 - 14 was $95/piece. budget budget.

Edited by Baal

droning, did not really notice as my ride doesnt have good sound insulation for starters.....hence if there was droning, probably just mixed in together with other wind/wheel arch noises.

The deep wide drain lines were the 1st thing I noticed from eye power. Guess should be great against hydroplaning.

My 175/65 - 14 was $95/piece. budget budget.

Yeap, I always aim for budget tyres as well...as unforeseen circumstances like puncture and my ride is quite proned to uneven wear..so I do change tires between 25k to 35k...hence no point buying premium performance tyres.

My car sound insulation is also no good...worse, I am on coilovers...

if you want quiet and comfy ... exclude all "performance" tyre

performance vs quiet and comfy is mutually exclusive

any non performance tyres are quiet and comfy. then, depends on pricing and size and of course brand that you like (have confident)

Edited by Wt_know

Just to ask how come ppl dont like soft wall, I tot softwall absorb more bumps

Cos most of the kaki posting here r from F1. [drivingcar]

Yeap, I always aim for budget tyres as well...as unforeseen circumstances like puncture and my ride is quite proned to uneven wear..so I do change tires between 25k to 35k...hence no point buying premium performance tyres.

My car sound insulation is also no good...worse, I am on coilovers...

Hmmmmmmm.........................Seems quite unususal.

Yr car on coilovers n u use a budget low grip tire?

↡ Advertisement