MyCarForum Logo
Search
honda

• Search this thread
119 replies to this topic | 41 praises

Poll: Budget Mid-size SUV (130 member(s) have cast votes)

Budget Mid-size SUV

1. Honda CRV (27 votes [20.77%])

Percentage of vote: 20.77%

2. Toyota RAV4 (12 votes [9.23%])

Percentage of vote: 9.23%

3. Mazda CX-5 (38 votes [29.23%])

Percentage of vote: 29.23%

4. Subaru Forester 2.0XT (31 votes [23.85%])

Percentage of vote: 23.85%

5. Hyundai Santa Fe (12 votes [9.23%])

Percentage of vote: 9.23%

6. Hyundai Tucson (10 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

thinking a Mid-size SUV as next car, but In current Sky high COE, "Budget" just specified those below S$200k SUV, exclusive Conti version (forget about XC60, X3, Q3/5, FL2....)

never owned a SUV, kindly give advise from SUV owner or ex-owner,

Thanks a lot [:)]

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

Columbian78
  • Columbian78
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Can I join in, I am also looking at a compact SUV as next car. 

My shortlist at the moment are CX-5 2L and CRV 2L, in that order. Noticed only 2.4L CRV left in sgcarmart list recently.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged

Can I join in, I am also looking at a compact SUV as next car. 

My shortlist at the moment are CX-5 2L and CRV 2L, in that order. Noticed only 2.4L CRV left in sgcarmart list recently.

Yeh, quite disapointed CRV only 2.4L and FDW in Singapore market,

otherwise CRV will be my 1st option,

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    5th Gear

Suzuki Vitara not on your list?

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged

Suzuki Vitara not on your list?

Suzuki Vitara is FWD only, not true SUV

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    5th Gear

I see. But it's not as if you can really go off road with the other cars on the list.  

I used to own/drive the old 1.6l Vitara, which was AWD.  That was in the early-mid 1990s.  It was a  good problem-free car.  

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    NOS-ed

Santa Fe for looks and packaging. 

Sorento Diesel for massive torque and packaging. 

Everything else on that list.....feeeeeerget it as there's no USP. 

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged

Don't know why, hard to accept Diesel engine as private car

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged

thinking a Mid-size SUV as next car, but In current Sky high COE, "Budget" just specified those below S$200k SUV, exclusive Conti version (forget about XC60, X3, Q3/5, FL2....)

never owned a SUV, kindly give advise from SUV owner or ex-owner,

Thanks a lot [:)]

Do you noticed, Singapore is the lowest SUV owner rate in the world,

but it's the highest BMW/Mercedes owner rate in Asia

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Columbian78
  • Columbian78
    4th Gear

Just realised awd is one of your requirements. Sorry, i'm only looking at 2wd petrol cars cos no need awd.

For AD cars, CX-5 is only available in awd for diesel version, which you don't want.

I think the CRVs are all 2wd versions.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed

TS, all your choices I don't like. But if can only choose from your list, then I'll take Rav4. Just my opinion only.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged

TS, all your choices I don't like. But if can only choose from your list, then I'll take Rav4. Just my opinion only.

care to share what is reason to dislike aboved? and what is your option, I need advice

tks

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

Columbian78
  • Columbian78
    4th Gear

This is natural as Singapore is a small urban city. AWD is hardly on carbuyer's list of requirements here.

Do you noticed, Singapore is the lowest SUV owner rate in the world,

but it's the highest BMW/Mercedes owner rate in Asia

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged

Just realised awd is one of your requirements. Sorry, i'm only looking at 2wd petrol cars cos no need awd.

For AD cars, CX-5 is only available in awd for diesel version, which you don't want.

I think the CRVs are all 2wd versions.

quite interesting for Mazda's SkyActiv engine, tought t's very good FC, but my feeling Mazda a bit weak compare to Honda, in term of reputation and reliability,

another quite attractive brand is Forester 2.0XT, performace wise is the best option and price also competitive, but no many people choosed, any hidden issue behind good performance and price?

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    NOS-ed

Don't know why, hard to accept Diesel engine as private car

actualli no diff except for the diesel clatter and maybe hv to fight wif teksi and lorry at the pump..... [:p]

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    5th Gear

quite interesting for Mazda's SkyActiv engine, tought t's very good FC, but my feeling Mazda a bit weak compare to Honda, in term of reputation and reliability,

another quite attractive brand is Forester 2.0XT, performace wise is the best option and price also competitive, but no many people choosed, any hidden issue behind good performance and price?

I suspect Forester's FC will be poor.  Not sure why you feel Mazda is weak compared to Honda for reputation and reliability.  I have had 3 Mazdas before, no issue at all with reliability.  As for reputation, granted Honda probably has a better reputation.  But my feeling is that Mazda is the one Jap brand that is usually under-appreciated.  

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    NOS-ed

On combined cycle fuel figures posted can take 2/3 will do.  eg if states 12/L.  Set expectation at 8.  

The 2.0XT....Its powerful but that's 240hp/350nm on that CVT.  [sweatdrop]

Maybe Murano 3.5 owners can give some feedback on how theirs are coping. But understand Nissan's CVT is not quite the same. Can wiki CVT.

Think in Sin, 6AT is the best of both worlds.

Edited by Baal, 14 January 2014 - 02:21 PM.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    NOS-ed

I actually find that having it diesel adds to the SUV hardy image. 

Kangadrool and Loki praised this
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

Darryn
  • Premium member
    Darryn
    NOS-ed

Why no Jeep on the list? 

Are you sure Vitara is only two wheel drive? 

Behold the tortoise! He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out.
All that's required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    NOS-ed

I actually find that having it diesel adds to the SUV hardy image. 

+ Petrol SUV especially AWB will make you cry at the pump unless you don't mind or under co's expense.

Edited by Kangadrool, 14 January 2014 - 02:37 PM.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top
SgCarMart Quotz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users