Budget Mid-size SUV, Please Advise (Poll)

Quantum

Budget Mid-size SUV  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Budget Mid-size SUV

• Honda CRV
    • Toyota RAV4
    • Mazda CX-5
    • Subaru Forester 2.0XT
    • Hyundai Santa Fe
    • Hyundai Tucson

thinking a Mid-size SUV as next car, but In current Sky high COE, "Budget" just specified those below S$200k SUV, exclusive Conti version (forget about XC60, X3, Q3/5, FL2....)

never owned a SUV, kindly give advise from SUV owner or ex-owner,

Thanks a lot [:)]

↡ Advertisement

Can I join in, I am also looking at a compact SUV as next car.

My shortlist at the moment are CX-5 2L and CRV 2L, in that order. Noticed only 2.4L CRV left in sgcarmart list recently.

Can I join in, I am also looking at a compact SUV as next car.

My shortlist at the moment are CX-5 2L and CRV 2L, in that order. Noticed only 2.4L CRV left in sgcarmart list recently.

Yeh, quite disapointed CRV only 2.4L and FDW in Singapore market,

otherwise CRV will be my 1st option,

Suzuki Vitara is FWD only, not true SUV

I see. But it's not as if you can really go off road with the other cars on the list.

I used to own/drive the old 1.6l Vitara, which was AWD. That was in the early-mid 1990s. It was a good problem-free car.

Santa Fe for looks and packaging.

Sorento Diesel for massive torque and packaging.

Everything else on that list.....feeeeeerget it as there's no USP.

Don't know why, hard to accept Diesel engine as private car

thinking a Mid-size SUV as next car, but In current Sky high COE, "Budget" just specified those below S$200k SUV, exclusive Conti version (forget about XC60, X3, Q3/5, FL2....)

never owned a SUV, kindly give advise from SUV owner or ex-owner,

Thanks a lot [:)]

Do you noticed, Singapore is the lowest SUV owner rate in the world,

but it's the highest BMW/Mercedes owner rate in Asia

Just realised awd is one of your requirements. Sorry, i'm only looking at 2wd petrol cars cos no need awd.

For AD cars, CX-5 is only available in awd for diesel version, which you don't want.

I think the CRVs are all 2wd versions.

Suzuki Vitara is FWD only, not true SUV

Supercharged

TS, all your choices I don't like. But if can only choose from your list, then I'll take Rav4. Just my opinion only.

TS, all your choices I don't like. But if can only choose from your list, then I'll take Rav4. Just my opinion only.

care to share what is reason to dislike aboved? and what is your option, I need advice

tks

This is natural as Singapore is a small urban city. AWD is hardly on carbuyer's list of requirements here.

Do you noticed, Singapore is the lowest SUV owner rate in the world,

but it's the highest BMW/Mercedes owner rate in Asia

Just realised awd is one of your requirements. Sorry, i'm only looking at 2wd petrol cars cos no need awd.

For AD cars, CX-5 is only available in awd for diesel version, which you don't want.

I think the CRVs are all 2wd versions.

quite interesting for Mazda's SkyActiv engine, tought t's very good FC, but my feeling Mazda a bit weak compare to Honda, in term of reputation and reliability,

another quite attractive brand is Forester 2.0XT, performace wise is the best option and price also competitive, but no many people choosed, any hidden issue behind good performance and price?

Don't know why, hard to accept Diesel engine as private car

actualli no diff except for the diesel clatter and maybe hv to fight wif teksi and lorry at the pump..... [:p]

quite interesting for Mazda's SkyActiv engine, tought t's very good FC, but my feeling Mazda a bit weak compare to Honda, in term of reputation and reliability,

another quite attractive brand is Forester 2.0XT, performace wise is the best option and price also competitive, but no many people choosed, any hidden issue behind good performance and price?

I suspect Forester's FC will be poor. Not sure why you feel Mazda is weak compared to Honda for reputation and reliability. I have had 3 Mazdas before, no issue at all with reliability. As for reputation, granted Honda probably has a better reputation. But my feeling is that Mazda is the one Jap brand that is usually under-appreciated.

On combined cycle fuel figures posted can take 2/3 will do. eg if states 12/L. Set expectation at 8.

The 2.0XT....Its powerful but that's 240hp/350nm on that CVT. [sweatdrop]

Maybe Murano 3.5 owners can give some feedback on how theirs are coping. But understand Nissan's CVT is not quite the same. Can wiki CVT.

Think in Sin, 6AT is the best of both worlds.

Edited by Baal

I actually find that having it diesel adds to the SUV hardy image.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2