PTC announces fare review/increase!

Darthrevan

IMHO, senior citizens should be either given free travels (but heavy penalties for those using the senior citizen ezlink card if they're not rightful owner), or at least, free travels at certain time, and a token sum for travels during peak time (to reduce senior citizens who are just milling about to add additional load to the transport system at peak periods). Only for Singapore citizens..

NSFs, agreed, reservist (during ICT) not so, because we're still given make up pay.

Just careful who you negotiate with. No point negotiating with the station managers or bus captains. They don't make these decisions.

IMHO, I'm not complaining too much about the fare hike. Just reduce the breakdowns and track faults. Before 2011, it wasn't that common, and I was taking public transport way more at that time. Now, seems like every week or every other week, something is happening to the MRT lines... Make sure the damn system is working before raising the rates, stupid ministry!

Definitely will go after the management to get a payout. When SG goes down to the point where everything is money talks, then to defend these money making commercial assets, yes, money talks too. A building security guard won't even work for free to protect your assets.

I don't agree with raising the fare this round. Both operators may see a drop in profit, but there is still a healthy profit being made, so it does not justify the increase in fares. Moreover 1.1B was pumped in by the gov using taxpayer's money to support them.

The reduction of profits is simply due to poor management. In such high poplulation density SG, the general public relies on both mode of transport. Ridership is definitely increasing, buses and trains are fully packed. This already contributes to increasing revenue.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Why can't they give free travel to all HANDICAP on wheelchair or walking aid (not those with walking stick) ?

KNN..... how many handicap peoples in SG.. [furious]

Every year in & year out asking public for donation through charity shows or selling 'flag'. Why can't this big transport companies give free travels to do their part in donations to the handicaps... [:|][:|]

Bottomlines more important than helping the unfortunate, handicapped citizens who pay taxes!

Btw, a mere 0.5% or less of the fat bonuses the bosses in train/bus companies is more than enough to cover the free rides for the handicapped passengers, but bosses' heart is not there.

don't spend time complaining. spend time make more money.

Hehehe.... instead of making improvements as a positive response to feedbacks and complaints, these public transport bosses|elites, who under-perform. just change the topic to "you guys better work hard to make more money"!!!! Huat ahh!

Privatised Transport Companies.

To meet the demands of the public and shareholders = Oxymoron!

He temporary block all FB comments...

Trust a former rear admiral to do such things. He is not capable of facing the public backlash on the fare increase?

So how during his navy days? Enemy's warships at our backdoor he hide inside his bunker?

If he can so happily "thanked" the commitee, it means he stood by them for whatever reasons only known to him, shouldn't he openly defend all the negative comments online to justify his stand, instead of blocking and deleting negative posts? Simply he dare not face the wreath of the online community and consequences of his actions.

Seems like not a good year for the transpork minister. Haha... I think sooner or later he will have to delete his FB account.

The post had been cursed ever since MBT sat on it. If you noticed, no other ministers after him have can sit comfortably. Maybe they'll have to change the portfolio name or intergrate with another with less problems to cushion it.

MND is another.

Perfect timing. I'm about to start riding my bike to work again.

Maybe to support tired cyclists, buses should have a "bikes deck" at the rear end, like a pickup? Tired cyclists can load their bikes on the deck like putting them on the rear of a pickup?

The post had been cursed ever since MBT sat on it. If you noticed, no other ministers after him have can sit comfortably. Maybe they'll have to change the portfolio name or intergrate with another with less problems to cushion it.

MND is another.

The horse must have dumped all his shiit on the seat till today no one can clean up his shiit properly. TOO MUCH SHIIT to clean up!! That's why!!!

Not happy then walk lor. Or ride bicycle lor. Nobody ask you take bus or MRT what.

Kow peh.

You have your choices:-

F

Aircon gourmet foodcourt

Or

Hawker centre

Some people just love to get scr*wed. What can we do?

Any change would be good so they will wake up their idea! [:|]

Not sure if sarcastic or serious.

Depending on if he eats in gourmet foodcourt or Hawker centre? hehehe

all the bao jiak business belong to them....telecommunication, transportation, power generation, utilitues.....all price control by them. No opponent want....even if have they got 1 hand or a finger in the pie. They increase we lan lan suck thumb....if not buy own transport...generate own electricity....use walkie talkie! nb cant wait for nx GE....must suffer first for the next few yrs!

How can like tat say?!

They promise many more GOOD YEAR!!!!

HUAT AHH!!!

MND is another.

wherever MBT sat the one taking over has to face the hellfire....nb i think short fella is hotter than hell! Edited by Eviilusion

How can like tat say?!

HUAT AHH!!!

Good Year....hmmm...maciam a tyre manufacturer name! Maybe gd years for them lar....not us peasants!

How can like tat say?!

HUAT AHH!!!

More good years and Swiss standard of living are not meant for common people, they are for those in the upper echelon. Rich will get richer . .

please hor

area ic go to missing NS men home to tell them mob also on own transport expense

recce the NS men home addresses in the list also own transport expense hor

needless to say I don't do all that

NS men missing just say go back and report "don't know"

MR loh!

[cool]

Yup, from own pocket. Bloody hell! I was 2 ic and my main man chow keng.

Why can't these public transport be nationalised? After all, they are public goods and everyone needs it. Since we have privatised these public transport, things have not got better (they justified going private for more competition and so boost efficiency) and in fact SMRT and SBS are all monopolies in their areas served. So no cross competition and no need to be more efficient. The trains have been breaking down more often now, more people are packed into the trains and buses , and we even need to spend $1.1 billion of the people's money to help out private companies?? so why are we still letting SMRT and SBS keep doing these shitty stuff to us? Do we not have enough public talent to run these transport services? Or we don't want to? Bec of more money making opportunities for some people? Things may not get better if the govt ran the trains and buses, but at least it won't get as bad as it is now.... Please help me out to understand... Thanks...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5