PTC announces fare review/increase!

Darthrevan

Yup, from own pocket. Bloody hell! I was 2 ic and my main man chow keng.

You don't know how to split into 2 list meh ....

One for him with addresses mix-up and the other you keep. So when come to open mob let him sweat lor... [sly]

↡ Advertisement

Yup, from own pocket. Bloody hell! I was 2 ic and my main man chow keng.

hope that you weren't my 2ic

why you didn't pass down to 3ic?

:D

Edited by Enye

You don't know how to split into 2 list meh ....

One for him with addresses mix-up and the other you keep. So when come to open mob let him sweat lor... [sly]

You BAD!! Now then say [furious][lipsrsealed]

[furious]

He wanted to score points mar .... [lipsrsealed]

'Hao Hao Ren' in the eye of i/c .... [flowerface]

So that he will be given 2 long weekends per month instead of 1 .. [sly]

Edited by Picnic06

Why can't these public transport be nationalised? After all, they are public goods and everyone needs it. Since we have privatised these public transport, things have not got better (they justified going private for more competition and so boost efficiency) and in fact SMRT and SBS are all monopolies in their areas served. So no cross competition and no need to be more efficient. The trains have been breaking down more often now, more people are packed into the trains and buses , and we even need to spend $1.1 billion of the people's money to help out private companies?? so why are we still letting SMRT and SBS keep doing these shitty stuff to us? Do we not have enough public talent to run these transport services? Or we don't want to? Bec of more money making opportunities for some people? Things may not get better if the govt ran the trains and buses, but at least it won't get as bad as it is now.... Please help me out to understand... Thanks...

If they are nationalised, its a taboo to use words such as revenue and profit. Hence if these are privatized then its only logical that the shareholders could ask for increased in profit YOY. No price for guessing who has a major stake in them.

• Praise 1

no wonder lar....nb i last time (nsf) 3 ic. During routine recce 1st and 2nd ic sibei on....check and check. Got 1 time silent mob i told my twin brother to sign the acknowledgement slip and i went back camp early. NB....they all went missing and my twin had to sign all the documents as he was acting as me. I reached camp the officers ask me where all the documents.....i went huh! simi document. ....lucky all of them understand...i only returned the document the following week!

If they are nationalised, its a taboo to use words such as revenue and profit. Hence if these are privatized then its only logical that the shareholders could ask for increased in profit YOY. No price for guessing who has a major stake in them.

Yes bro... all roads lead to Rome... and in this case, to Temasick and to the Leegime gang.... greed is never enough....

More good years and Swiss standard of living are not meant for common people, they are for those in the upper echelon. Rich will get richer . .

No wonder best selling car brands are the merc/bmw etc elitists' favourties!!

Overseas frens always tell me "People in your country must be very rich, for the price of highend lux car ppl still happily pay such high prices (at least 3 times of that in other countries) to get a small B&B car!!"

Yet in reality on the ground we see many are struggling just to make ends meet. Its a place for the rich without a doubt. The leaders, elites, and rich scratching one anothers' back, building their fences to keep the rest out. The elitist leaders talk about every school is equal, yet they send their kids to 'selected' schools.

How many elitist leaders really use public transport on a regular basis to feel the "world class" trains and buses first hand?

Pro-business has developed into pro-elites.

no wonder lar....nb i last time (nsf) 3 ic. During routine recce 1st and 2nd ic sibei on....check and check. Got 1 time silent mob i told my twin brother to sign the acknowledgement slip and i went back camp early. NB....they all went missing and my twin had to sign all the documents as he was acting as me. I reached camp the officers ask me where all the documents.....i went huh! simi document. ....lucky all of them understand...i only returned the document the following week!

hmmm, twins ah? are you posting now as the twin of Eviilusion, or actual Eviilusion? hehehhee [grin]

• Praise 1

Why can't these public transport be nationalised? After all, they are public goods and everyone needs it. Since we have privatised these public transport, things have not got better (they justified going private for more competition and so boost efficiency) and in fact SMRT and SBS are all monopolies in their areas served. So no cross competition and no need to be more efficient. The trains have been breaking down more often now, more people are packed into the trains and buses , and we even need to spend $1.1 billion of the people's money to help out private companies?? so why are we still letting SMRT and SBS keep doing these shitty stuff to us? Do we not have enough public talent to run these transport services? Or we don't want to? Bec of more money making opportunities for some people? Things may not get better if the govt ran the trains and buses, but at least it won't get as bad as it is now.... Please help me out to understand... Thanks...

u want to understand? First, u must understand what drives the decision of our leaders

No wonder best selling car brands are the merc/bmw etc elitists' favourties!!

Overseas frens always tell me "People in your country must be very rich, for the price of highend lux car ppl still happily pay such high prices (at least 3 times of that in other countries) to get a small B&B car!!"

Yet in reality on the ground we see many are struggling just to make ends meet. Its a place for the rich without a doubt. The leaders, elites, and rich scratching one anothers' back, building their fences to keep the rest out. The elitist leaders talk about every school is equal, yet they send their kids to 'selected' schools.

How many elitist leaders really use public transport on a regular basis to feel the "world class" trains and buses first hand?

Pro-business has developed into pro-elites.

hmmm, twins ah? are you posting now as the twin of Eviilusion, or actual Eviilusion? hehehhee [grin]

nah!! dont think he surf this webbie....

More good years ahead !

Every year keep making transport more and more expensive.

If you stop working, you better be dead, than trying to live off your savings.

from what i can see, the increase in fares is to subsidise the old, poor and students

they should not increase at all.

old, poor & students, nsf should get free rides !!

I thought ppl get transpork allowance from their bosses? Should be employers complaining what. Why ppl complain?

everyone get transport allowance????

tuck u!

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

I dun even know if my company is going to pay me an increment this year.

If MIW is pegging the 6% national average pay increment to the bankers/ministers then even lagi not fair cos these high earners dun even take the bus at all. The middle class is being made to pay for the skew in data towards the rich..

And to hear Puthucheery saying this fare hike is fair makes my blood boil.. shouldnt he be fighting for the people? [shakehead]

• Praise 2

More good years ahead !

Every year keep making transport more and more expensive.

If you stop working, you better be dead, than trying to live off your savings.

COEs go up, bus/train fares also go up!! More expensive both to drive or take public transport now, are we expected to walk to work?

COEs go up, bus/train fares also go up!! More expensive both to drive or take public transport now, are we expected to walk to work?

Work at home. No need transport fees [scholar]