Water barricades @ Woodlands CP to cease w.e.f 1st Feb

Darthrevan

From Feb 1, the practice of using water barricades to segregate traffic along the Woodlands Checkpoint viaduct will cease, said Traffic Police said in statement on Monday.

Traffic arrangements along this road remain unchanged. The Woodlands Checkpoint viaduct continues to be opened only for motorcycles during the evening peak hours, from 4.30pm to 9.30pm. All other vehicles will continue to use the Bukit Timah Expressway's Exit 10B to proceed to Woodlands Checkpoint during this period.

Motorists can find out which lane they should use from overhead signages along the road.

"In the interest of road safety, all motorists should always abide by road traffic rules and to exercise patience, consideration, and safety on the roads," added the police.

↡ Advertisement

From Feb 1, the practice of using water barricades to segregate traffic along the Woodlands Checkpoint viaduct will cease, said Traffic Police said in statement on Monday.
Traffic arrangements along this road remain unchanged. The Woodlands Checkpoint viaduct continues to be opened only for motorcycles during the evening peak hours, from 4.30pm to 9.30pm. All other vehicles will continue to use the Bukit Timah Expressway's Exit 10B to proceed to Woodlands Checkpoint during this period.
Motorists can find out which lane they should use from overhead signages along the road.
"In the interest of road safety, all motorists should always abide by road traffic rules and to exercise patience, consideration, and safety on the roads," added the police.

I have no idea why they force all non-bikes into using exit 10B. Creating an unnecessary jam most of the time due to a bottleneck design. Just last friday evening, there was a massive jam waiting to go into our Customs. Spend like 1.5hrs to finally clear our side, and there were hardly any bikes heading into M'sia.

Guess what, the moment I joined the causeway proper, there was barely any traffic. I WOT all the way to Kustoms. Their immigration had no queues either, feel free to choose any counter you like. IMHO, Singapore side is just creating problems for us for no reason.

• Praise 1

I have no idea why they force all non-bikes into using exit 10B. Creating an unnecessary jam most of the time due to a bottleneck design. Just last friday evening, there was a massive jam waiting to go into our Customs. Spend like 1.5hrs to finally clear our side, and there were hardly any bikes heading into M'sia.

Guess what, the moment I joined the causeway proper, there was barely any traffic. I WOT all the way to Kustoms. Their immigration had no queues either, feel free to choose any counter you like. IMHO, Singapore side is just creating problems for us for no reason.

Reason is they don't want Singaporeans to go in and pump cheap fuel, eat cheap food, have cheap massage. [smash]

Reason is they don't want Singaporeans to go in and pump cheap fuel, eat cheap food, have cheap massage. [smash]

And they want sgp drivers to drive / trapped within the island and let erp gantries milk them!!

• Praise 1

u have a choice to take public transport to JB.

That's true. But I prefer support local small businesses n neighborhood shops, so will be milked driving or taking local public transport :(

And they want sgp drivers to drive / trapped within the island and let erp gantries milk them!!

I have been pumping Spore liquid gold for the last few weeks cos I sian of getting in a jam at the cway.

I cant wait till after CNY to go JB n pump my regular cheepo petrol, buy cheepo ciggies, buy cheepo groceries n eat cheepo makan.

I do sound like a cheepo ah......but I dun care. Hahaha.

u have a choice to take public transport to JB.

Hmmmm........True. But then how to bring back the >30lit of petrol I need for my car?

I have been pumping Spore liquid gold for the last few weeks cos I sian of getting in a jam at the cway.

I cant wait till after CNY to go JB n pump my regular cheepo petrol, buy cheepo ciggies, buy cheepo groceries n eat cheepo makan.

I do sound like a cheepo ah......but I dun care. Haha

It's all about bottomline!!! It's a free market, users are naturally attracted to attractive prices!!

Btw, can or will LTA approve upsized petrol tank if we go through the proper approval process? The difference between 1/4 of a 50L and a 80L tank is not small. Reason for application:- time is money, a bigger tank will cut down time wasted in visiting petrol stations to fill up.

It's all about bottomline!!! It's a free market, users are naturally attracted to attractive prices!!

Btw, can or will LTA approve upsized petrol tank if we go through the proper approval process? The difference between 1/4 of a 50L and a 80L tank is not small. Reason for application:- time is money, a bigger tank will cut down time wasted in visiting petrol stations to fill up.

U can try n see how.

I doubt LTA wil approve cos of "safety" reasons.

Supercharged

water_barrier_0001.jpg

Oh....this is water barricades. Thanks..

But why is it call water barricades? Got water inside meh?

I do sound like a cheepo ah......but I dun care. Hahaha.

Hmmmm........True. But then how to bring back the >30lit of petrol I need for my car?

more than 30 litres of petrol? ur tank is 120l?

IMHO, if they are going to keep using the viaduct for motorcycles, might as well keep using the water barricades.. otherwise super chaos and jam like shit when everyone cut everywhere...

afterall, design of the woodlands cp is totally stupid for this instance...

Oh....this is water barricades. Thanks..

But why is it call water barricades? Got water inside meh?

Yes they can fill water in it but i think they did not...