Increase in dog licensing fee

Bluepica

true story, i adopted a dog. When time came for me to renew his license, i couldn't. Because AVA don't let. They wanted me to contact the dog's previous owners and get them to write to AVA informing them i adopted the dog.. blah blah blah... before i can renew his license... sibeh troublesome... Not that i dun wanto pay but they made it such a hassle. in the end just F'k it...

I think a little tag with your address or number on the collar will work better in case your dog goes missing. AVA is just full of shit.

They are keeping al kind of animals there, sure full of shit lar.... [grin]

↡ Advertisement

I guess not only your house, your car your CPF and even your dog is not yours if you do not renew its license..........

really want to keep a dog but not enough time to bring it for walks and play.......haiz....only can go pet farms to see them.,..

true story, i adopted a dog. When time came for me to renew his license, i couldn't. Because AVA don't let. They wanted me to contact the dog's previous owners and get them to write to AVA informing them i adopted the dog.. blah blah blah... before i can renew his license... sibeh troublesome... Not that i dun wanto pay but they made it such a hassle. in the end just F'k it...

I think a little tag with your address or number on the collar will work better in case your dog goes missing. AVA is just full of shit.

But if love that dog, wouldn't feel that much of a hassle?

I think the next thing they will come up is pet owners must buy dog condoms or sterile the dog. Birth control or else fine. If your dog give birth to more dan 2 puppies, fine. 2 is enough like back in the 80s. White paper population didn't include dogs. So if want to squeeze more ppl on the island animals must make way.

then 30 yrs later, they say Singapore not enough dog to boost the old dogs population.

give you money to breed your dog. but people not interested to breed dogs liao. so they bring in foreign stray dogs to boost dog population right?

anyway, I see those rich rich people.. they keep dogs for what.. see the maid always bring the dog out for walk.. the dog also close to maid than the owner..

I propose terrible dog owners should have license fee jacked up... Especially those that let it pee/poo indiscriminately.

And ppl should be encouraged to take pic of such owners in the act and watsapp to nea. 1st time, 5x fee increase. 2nd time, 10x increase.

I observe majority of these bad owners are hdb dwellers.

You often see maids and owners in pte estates walk their dogs carry poo bag. Hdb dog owners usually not as classy.

I walk my dog and tie those old plastic bags to his leash (from the wet market veg/fruits ones)  and recycle them picking up the dog poo. i throw tied bag into peoples green dustbin also kenna "Eh dont throw into my house dustbin"....... so now i have to find public bin or like bus stop one and throw....... well pte landed estate also got its fair share of problems too

But really the good job goes to SPCA, I have in my life found already 3 dogs and all within 2-3 hours SPCA do a match and happy owner .... damn good feelin' ..... and I think they work 24 hours 'cos one time I called at 10pm and someone picked the call somehow and by 11.30pm the owner came.... and even offered to pick up the lost dog in about 2-3 hours time if no one claims it too; Kudos to them [thumbsup]      

I propose terrible dog owners should have license fee jacked up... Especially those that let it pee/poo indiscriminately.

And ppl should be encouraged to take pic of such owners in the act and watsapp to nea. 1st time, 5x fee increase. 2nd time, 10x increase.

You often see maids and owners in pte estates walk their dogs carry poo bag. Hdb dog owners usually not as classy.

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 2

This wonn't work la. Sinngapore a lot of law but no one enforce. My car park the lift ppl also smoke in it. I never even bother to complain HDB at it best is come paste paper say got camera in life. paper scare crow

best is ask your grassroot educate ppl. as enforcement is rare.

just like power scooter call news paper come see how they enforce then excercise cut. this power scooter are still the terror of the road.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1