• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

Ronn
  • Premium member
    Ronn
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all toyota wish bros, recently realised that when my '06 wish is accelerating on expressway after 70-80km/h, car starts to vibrate very very ferociously. It's like the car is travelling off road man..

Went to the WS and he said nothing's wrong with my engine. What else could the problem be? 

Need some serious help here, the TWCSG site is not working for me I can't even register  [sweatdrop]

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

Joe6057
  • Premium member
    Joe6057
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all toyota wish bros, recently realised that when my '06 wish is accelerating on expressway after 70-80km/h, car starts to vibrate very very ferociously. It's like the car is travelling off road man..

Went to the WS and he said nothing's wrong with my engine. What else could the problem be? 

Need some serious help here, the TWCSG site is not working for me I can't even register  [sweatdrop]

Bro, try wheel balancing 1st..

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

Darryn
  • Premium member
    Darryn
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Is it only on expressway above 70?  

That would tend to indicate alignment / balancing of wheels. 

But shouldn't have a sudden onset - would be something that would get gradually worse. 

Something that happened to me was a horrible vibration when accelerating - which was my engine mounts.  But that was not speed dependent. 

The only other place to look would be suspension. Unless....you haven't knocked a kerb have you?  Maybe rim is damaged / or one side suspension is hurt

Behold the tortoise! He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out.
All that's required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

Ronn
  • Premium member
    Ronn
    Clutched
    Author Image

Bro, try wheel balancing 1st..

Recently got a punctured tired, change both side (front) already, all tyres same size leh.. Vibrating issues started before puncture.

Is it only on expressway above 70?  

That would tend to indicate alignment / balancing of wheels. 

But shouldn't have a sudden onset - would be something that would get gradually worse. 

Something that happened to me was a horrible vibration when accelerating - which was my engine mounts.  But that was not speed dependent. 

The only other place to look would be suspension. Unless....you haven't knocked a kerb have you?  Maybe rim is damaged / or one side suspension is hurt

On normal roads up till now I didn't hear any "vibrations" 

As above, my wheels are recently changed but the vibrations started before wheel puncture

Another factor that affect is that because of the vibration my pick up don't much power on expressway above 70km/h (gauged roughly), quite dangerous leh no power when overtaking

Called WS and he said maybe engine oil leaking, don't know filter or what

[sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

Edited by Ronn, 23 January 2014 - 07:56 PM.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

PSP415
  • PSP415
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Personally, best to go to a good workshop to find out the cause, like you mentioned, it can be dangerous on expressway if u should suddenly not have enough power to overtake. CNY around the corner.

Do have the problem resolved whilst the workshops are open. It's no joke to encounter a breakdown, *touch wood, paper and stone* and available one during the long break as some may take the opportunity to rest longer. And properly cost more too or parts not available cos stocklists also closed.

Tikam tikam is guesswork.....hope u manage to rectify the fault without too much hassle.

Safe ride
Cheers

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

Oneguy
  • Oneguy
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

2006 wish ... based on what i read ... my guess would be the engine mounting. seek a 2nd view if necessary. your current WS might not be looking at the problem correctly. 

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

StewartSam
  • StewartSam
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I got the same problem. got it fixed at $600 for changing 2 parts. now happily cruising.

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

Ken1898
  • Premium member
    Ken1898
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I got the same problem. got it fixed at $600 for changing 2 parts. now happily cruising.

Please share what parts have you replaced?

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Recently got a punctured tired, change both side (front) already, all tyres same size leh.. Vibrating issues started before puncture.

On normal roads up till now I didn't hear any "vibrations" 

As above, my wheels are recently changed but the vibrations started before wheel puncture

Another factor that affect is that because of the vibration my pick up don't much power on expressway above 70km/h (gauged roughly), quite dangerous leh no power when overtaking

Called WS and he said maybe engine oil leaking, don't know filter or what

[sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

i know this a dated post - but do u mind to update what's been done, where u did it n estimated cost?

also noted ur vibration affected power - so wouldn't be mounting of engine, suspension or alignment, but sparkies, airflow sensor, fuel pump, ecu (battery change recently?). if u havent done anythin, may consider go for diagnotics or best check w agent / trusted workshop.

FS

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

Ronn
  • Premium member
    Ronn
    Clutched
    Author Image

Asked my dad to bring it to a workshop and ended up changing the drive shaft 

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

LvwMotor
  • LvwMotor
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Please share what parts have you replaced?

It's should be drive shafts and mountings. Balancing after changing the parts. Buy from stockist will save you a few hundreds.

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:51 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Asking on behalf of friend who ride is a 2009 wish.

He can't engage P and hence the key has to be left there as it can't be pulled out.

Any solution? Btw he don't have a manual for reference.

Edited by Hamburger, 22 February 2015 - 06:53 PM.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

He can't engage P and hence the key has to be left there as it can't be pulled out.

There should be a shift lock button where he can press and push the gear into P

Hold the button and shift as he would normally

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Toothiewabbit praised this
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

There should be a shift lock button where he can press and push the gear into P

Hold the button and shift as he would normally

Thanks bro,shall try it. Initially I thought it's a hole in a slot.

Apparently it's a button!!!!!

Edited by Hamburger, 22 February 2015 - 07:12 PM.

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:34 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

tried and cannot move, according to my friend.

mechanical fault????

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:36 AM

SallyNgoh
  • SallyNgoh
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Recently when cornering right, got a metal cranking sound. Still persist after I change the backing plates. anyone got similar experience?

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:32 PM

Wishcumstrue
  • Wishcumstrue
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Recently when cornering right, got a metal cranking sound. Still persist after I change the backing plates. anyone got similar experience?

What's your odo reading now ?

"..why do you want buy Playboy now if you can go into the internet? You get more than what you get in Playboy.."- LKY, 2009 NatGeo.

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:53 PM

EvidenceProtocol
  • EvidenceProtocol
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

To those driving 2006-7 Wish, do ur car vibrate a bit during traffic lights stop?

Have u changed ur radiator before, mine seems to have the red coolant seepage at the top joints?

During traffic stops or waiting for people, my aircond seems not very cold but when move off the aircond is cold, anyone facing this issue too?

Maybe u all can share

Tq in advance

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:45 AM

Likchung
  • Premium member
    Likchung
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I driving 06 Wish, i had my engine mounting change as it vibrate a  bit in D gear. Even change, still have a bit vibration.

I also noticed red coolant seepage at top joint recently. I did change some parts as it leaks and air con was not working 2 years back. 

To those driving 2006-7 Wish, do ur car vibrate a bit during traffic lights stop?

Have u changed ur radiator before, mine seems to have the red coolant seepage at the top joints?

During traffic stops or waiting for people, my aircond seems not very cold but when move off the aircond is cold, anyone facing this issue too?

Maybe u all can share

Tq in advance

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:43 PM

Xtravel
  • Xtravel
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

hi bro,

do you manage to solve the vibrations issue ?

Maybe u all can share

Tq in advance

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Toyota Wish

Toyota Wish  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Jl7757  |  Neutral Newbie

All multi-purpose car

This is my second wish bought from BM, I received my new wish about one month ago. Compare to my 2008 wish, the interior space is bigger as the 1 & 2 row are equally spaced to create more room for 3 row without sacrificing the comfort in 1&2... » Read More

Toyota Wish

Toyota Wish  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Tianmo  |  2Fast2Furious

Rather big for a mid size MPV

drove a friend's wish some time ago, this new wish has really grown up comparing to the older version. More interior space, better third row leg room and taller as well. Surprising powerful with just a 1.8L engine, and doesn't drive like a v... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Toyota Wish

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, wish, 2006, toyota wish and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users