Any teachers here? Is this happening in our schools?

Pensive

Singapore flag so big.....

And one Microsoft Surface RT for each student?

lol. i didnt notice the flag ..

what school is that? issit a norm for schools to have tablets for each student? Kids nowadays are having good life!

There are kids like him but these are isolated cases. It is not the norm.

btw, it is not just more kids showing disrespect to teachers. More parents setting "good" examples as well.

• Praise 3

(edited)

This boy got BALLS man. During my time sure kana left,right centre once in sch and once @ hm

u belong to those era when you get spanked by the teacher, your parents will cheer and egg him on?

btw boy sure have balls mah... if boys dun have balls...den...got problem... lol

Edited by Pensive

Epic Fail for the teacher .... how is he going to command the respect from the rest of the class after the incident ....

I am hoping the MOE will take some actions about this ....

Epic Fail for the teacher .... how is he going to command the respect from the rest of the class after the incident ....

I am hoping the MOE will take some actions about this ....

do u think the boy puck up with his classmates to film the incident?

like i comment on my fb

the parents must be somebody

if not do you think the teacher will back down when the boy talk back in that manner directly

parents detail such as occupation are in the children records

so its important to have 'important occupation title' like marketing manager which loosely translate to salesman

Teacher and student both... [shakehead]

The teacher in the video really responded wrongly, maybe he is one of those teacher that is on trial, and have yet to gone through NIE training.

My opinion of the teacher in the video is that he shouldn't have apologised first even if he thinks he was really too loud. Apologise AFTER the boy admitted his mistake of leaving his seat AND talking back first. Personally, I would use the whole class to overrule him by asking them if they think he is wrong to leave his seat despite telling him before.

• Praise 3

lol. i didnt notice the flag ..

what school is that? issit a norm for schools to have tablets for each student? Kids nowadays are having good life!

I am not sure whether is it a norm, but one of my nieces did get a Surface RT tablet as she move into secondary school this year.

Can't remember if it is a "loan" or bought on a very subsidized rate. Will check again.

And yes, kids do get a good life thesedays! During my early secondary school days, we are not even allowed to bring calculators! And I think I can't afford one anyway back those times.

Edited by Icedbs

This is extremely disturbing. The child will learn that it is right to challenge teachers and authorities for what he did, even if he was in the wrong. My take is he may have been a latchkey and the parents too busy, thus leave it to the maid to take care of him, and thus, he does that at home.

As for the teacher, no comments, but he should have more backbone to get the kid out of the class and not resume lessons until he does and makes the class put pressure on the defiant kid. thereafter, lodge a report and ensure his bases are covered.

If the kid had dared to do this to a senior, close to retirement teacher, he wun be so bold.

This does not augur well and hope, really, that this is indeed the minority! I have heard that many teacher leave the profession cos of this kind of belligerence nowadays, and lack of support from the higher ups to enforce discipline!

Haiz......

• Praise 2

during my times, pinches on the cheek, caning on the palms is commonplace. I still remember a certain Mr Soh who taught us maths in Primary 3... ( 1987 ).... After his class, 80% of us would be marked on the cheeks with bruises.... and when our parents saw that , they supported the action... Not sure what rules have changed since but we do see a general decline in the discipline of the children nowadays , whether there is any linkage to the education system or not , i am of no expert to say ...

if my son do this in school, i will farking wack him in front of his whole class

and make him kneel down in front of the teacher and pour tea for the teacher

• Praise 3

i think the kid is a spoilt brat.....the teacher should have give him a stern warning for in-subordination....if the boy goes army and talk to his sargent like that, he sure kena sign many extras....

i would blame the parents.....

• Praise 3

during my times, pinches on the cheek, caning on the palms is commonplace. I still remember a certain Mr Soh who taught us maths in Primary 3... ( 1987 ).... After his class, 80% of us would be marked on the cheeks with bruises.... and when our parents saw that , they supported the action... Not sure what rules have changed since but we do see a general decline in the discipline of the children nowadays , whether there is any linkage to the education system or not , i am of no expert to say ...

i say bring back the cane lah! we have seen this too many times

last time, teacher whack, we get 2nd serving at home...knn

i think the kid is a spoilt brat.....the teacher should have give him a stern warning for in-subordination....if the boy goes army and talk to his sargent like that, he sure kena sign many extras....

i would blame the parents.....

wun count on that bro....if u see, now parent write to minister of defence...kekekekek

there is no more moral teaching in school, what's the point if parents behave the opposite and set bad example?

my son complaint his class has few of such students, they talk the same as the one in video, what the teacher do is just leave them alone, cos this is beyond the teacher can teach, no point wasting time and effort on them. just let them meet a bigger bully of their size -_-

Edited by Jman888
  • Praise 1

i say bring back the cane lah! we have seen this too many times

last time, teacher whack, we get 2nd serving at home...knn

wun count on that bro....if u see, now parent write to minister of defence...kekekekek

I came across this extremely irritating screaming-crying toddler just last week. She screamed and cried non stop for throughout the entire lunch and her idiotic mother did nothing.

I told ma friend: I would slap the s h i t outta that little b i t c h if she were my child. But then again my child won't be ill disciplined at all [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1