Pineapple Tarts For CNY, any recommendation?

missmarigold

Homemade pineapple tarts - it is really a labour of love.  This year, we don't have the time for it.  But last year (2017), we made some pineapple paste so that my in-laws could make pineapple tarts.  It was a lot of work! 

Here are some videos:

Making the paste.

Pineapple Paste PPAP Dance (for fun lah)

After all that work, we got a box from my father-in-law to eat. 

• Praise 3

I hope it is not too late for me to share these. I just bake my tart today (and Wife make further changes to the recipe she used last year), after busy with work and spring cleaning for the past weeks.

Skin Ingredients

Flour 410g

Condensed Milk 70g

Salted Butter 250g

Egg Yolk 2 pcs

* Whip the butter with condensed milk till creamy state, than followed by yolk and last mix it with the flour. Best to let the mixture settle for about 30 min to 1 hour before use.

Paste Ingredients

Pineapple Paste 500g

Pure Pineapple Juice 60g

Fresh Lemon Juice 1 tsp

* Best to mix the paste with both juices first and leave it in fridge for a couple of hours to let it settle.

Others guides

Skin weigh about 11g each

Paste weight about 6 - 7g each

Apply a thin coat of egg yolk on the pineapple tart before baking.

Preheat the oven for 10 - 15 min at 180 deg C before use.

Baking temp 170 deg C

Baking time 20 - 24 min (till skin turn golden brown)

15oxsad.jpg

153lifr.jpg

dfgj0g.jpg

It is time of the year again...

imrvjk.jpg

• Praise 6

Twincharged

Homemade pineapple tarts is the best!

Kiss 92 FM recently had a contest for home made P tarts ... and the judge was constantly emphasizing on the fluffiness of the tarts and that the filling should remain traditional.

take this into consideration when DIY-ing.

• Praise 1

Kiss 92 FM recently had a contest for home made P tarts ... and the judge was constantly emphasizing on the fluffiness of the tarts and that the filling should remain traditional.

take this into consideration when DIY-ing.

well we can all say that traditional hand made from skinning the pineapple to making the tart is bestest.

But i think in modern times, we need to have some perspective. The times of housewives having spare time to spend hours upon hours prepping food is gone. And for traditional paste fillings, it's considerable. Cooking the pineapple paste alone takes easily several hours.

If u are like in your 50-60s with no grandkids to take care, kids all fly the coop and u aren't working or have a whole long wkend free. Sure go ahead, knock yourself out.

But the effort of DIY doesn't mean u cannot take short cuts.

It's still DIY. Just that u make it a manageable few hours rather than a whole 10 hours in the kitchen.

i'm not targeting your post btw. Just my thoughts on DIY

Edited by Lala81

nice?  they have it like all year round. 

dunno .... havent tried yet

you looked at it all year round also never try?

:D

Twincharged

well we can all say that traditional hand made from skinning the pineapple to making the tart is bestest.

But i think in modern times, we need to have some perspective. The times of housewives having spare time to spend hours upon hours prepping food is gone. And for traditional paste fillings, it's considerable. Cooking the pineapple paste alone takes easily several hours.

If u are like in your 50-60s with no grandkids to take care, kids all fly the coop and u aren't working or have a whole long wkend free. Sure go ahead, knock yourself out.

But the effort of DIY doesn't mean u cannot take short cuts.

It's still DIY. Just that u make it a manageable few hours rather than a whole 10 hours in the kitchen.

i'm not targeting your post btw. Just my thoughts on DIY

no worries on this ... coz I don't eat pineapple tarts also ... even my mother used to make i also don't eat ... not a fruit person also ...

dunno .... havent tried yet

you looked at it all year round also never try?

:D

all year round not CNY mah, not CNY eat pineapple tart a bit weird   [laugh]  [laugh]

It is time of the year again...

imrvjk.jpg

OK, here is a step-by-step guide to pineapple tarts making.

Skin Ingredients
Flour 410g
Condensed Milk 70g
Salted Butter 250g
Egg Yolk 2 pcs

Whip the butter with condensed milk till creamy state.
EL4l5SC.jpgO3VBDLL.jpg

Add the 2 yolks and whip till evenly mixed.
lDtdbHz.jpgfgqWEZX.jpg

Mix it with the flour. Best to let the mixture settle for about 1 - 2 hours before use.
RWf83Wk.jpgEg3ejcJ.jpg

Paste Ingredients
Pineapple Paste 500g
Pure Pineapple Juice 60g
Fresh Lemon Juice 1 tsp

* Best to mix the paste with both juices first and leave it in fridge for about 1 - 2 hours to let it settle (all the juice blend in well with the paste).

Skin weigh about 11g each.
w5eAOvt.jpg

Paste weight about 7g each.
vORYT3F.jpg

Apply a thin coat of egg yolk on the pineapple tart before baking.
od6tUPf.jpgGUHzHPi.jpg

* Preheat the oven for 10 - 15 min at 180 deg C before use. Baking temp 180 deg C, baking time 19 - 20 min (till the skin turn light golden brown).
QFSsn2P.jpg

Pack it in container, after allowing it to cool down to room temperature (about 1+ hour).
E94r4Vq.jpg
Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 6