Honda City 4th Gen

Hotnyh

Based on my experience with Shuttle (similarly with ECO mode). Not much diff to FC.

Maybe differ by 1km/l?

Same should apply for City.

I say... let's switch off the ECO button and enjoy your drive!  [thumbsup]

ECO off n it be smooth n fast!!!! wahahahahah...shiok...esp on NSHW

↡ Advertisement

60/40 city/highway.

ECO mode ~14-15KM/L

NO ECO ~13-14KM/L

of course this is before 1k servicing, my SE told me it will get better after the first servicing.

Rubbish in my case.. Before 1k servicing and up till now my FC is constant. no change. Ranges between 12-13km/L. Doesn't get any better leh.

Rubbish in my case.. Before 1k servicing and up till now my FC is constant. no change. Ranges between 12-13km/L. Doesn't get any better leh.

means i'll have to resign to fate already. hahahaha  :mellow:

Based on my experience with Shuttle (similarly with ECO mode). Not much diff to FC.

Maybe differ by 1km/l?

Same should apply for City.

I say... let's switch off the ECO button and enjoy your drive!  [thumbsup]

I also feel I should just ECO off and enjoy the drive.  :a-good:

ECO off n it be smooth n fast!!!! wahahahahah...shiok...esp on NSHW

woohoo ECO off and it really sprints well.

tats quite bad wor....i hit 17-18km/l easily wor....hard drive also....3 adults usu..

yep....sprinting lo...esp from rest...the pickup is fast...keke...good for city driving!

yep....sprinting lo...esp from rest...the pickup is fast...keke...good for city driving!

tats quite bad wor....i hit 17-18km/l easily wor....hard drive also....3 adults usu..

I think FC really depends on traffic condition la!

And some depends on trip computer to judge FC,some depends on tank per tank manual calculation.

From what you mentioned, there could only be several reasons;

1. I bought a different city?

2. My travel pattern is 70 highway, 30 City

3. My driving pattern is much harder and aggressive than you. Maybe I aspire to be F1 Driver??

I have never hit above 15km/L before, with or without Eco mode.

I think FC really depends on traffic condition la!

And some depends on trip computer to judge FC,some depends on tank per tank manual calculation.

I did both calculations and actually the onboard computer calculates quite accurately. Sometimes just a 0.2km/L difference between the 2 methods. So I now lazy to monitor via the manual way. Just use onboard computer to do it for me.

Driver too heavy la.  [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 2

(edited)

Driver too heavy la.  [lipsrsealed]

Lol.. Wah.. How you know? Either I'm too heavy or Bro DC1977's 3 pax too light. In any case, I think I better lose weight soon and go for IPPT/RT/IPT to lose weight. :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Edited by Buadongdong

3. My driving pattern is much harder and aggressive than you. Maybe I aspire to be F1 Driver??

I did both calculations and actually the onboard computer calculates quite accurately. Sometimes just a 0.2km/L difference between the 2 methods. So I now lazy to monitor via the manual way. Just use onboard computer to do it for me.

hahahaa......consider

1. ur city is siti?

2. pattern better than mine...60% hw 40% city

3. i m F0 driver!!!!! floor metal lo

tats bad le....mine easily hit 15kml....17kml....even 19kml lo..on nshw if i don zua above 130kmh.

Lol.. Wah.. How you know? Either I'm too heavy or Bro DC1977's 3 pax too light. In any case, I think I better lose weight soon and go for IPPT/RT/IPT to lose weight. :yeah-im-not-drunk:

haha...mine is me, mum n sis!!! keke....u sure u heavier than our weight combined? 

yes u need trim down fast la...

hahahaa......consider

1. ur city is siti?

2. pattern better than mine...60% hw 40% city

3. i m F0 driver!!!!! floor metal lo

tats bad le....mine easily hit 15kml....17kml....even 19kml lo..on nshw if i don zua above 130kmh.

haha...mine is me, mum n sis!!! keke....u sure u heavier than our weight combined? 

yes u need trim down fast la...

Maybe we should meet up and I sit beside you and see how you drive. Cos till now, I can't fathom as to how to achieve above 15km/l

(edited)

At first want to reply you depend on route and traffic. But 70 highway and 30 city seem to be at the Low side. I increase my tire pressure from 230 to 250. FC improve by 0.8-1 km/l. Peak hour(730am) leave house from Punggol to Bishan I can achieve 12km/l. And Punggol to Tuas during peak can achieve at least 16-18km/l. How many pax in your car? For me is me and Wife. Edited by Lime0011

At first want to reply you depend on route and traffic. But 70 highway and 30 city seem to be at the Low side. I increase my tire pressure from 235 to 250. FC improve by 0.8-1 km/l. Peak hour(730am) leave house from Punggol to Bishan I can achieve 12km/l. And Punggol to Tuas during peak can achieve at least 16-18km/l. How many pax in your car? For me is me and Wife.

my 70 highway is TPE peak hours.. Its as good as city driving la. Always jam all the way from changi airport to punggol. Go to work also take this route. Jam like siao!! Tyre pressure is 240 for mine. In the morning send my kids to Playgroup and my wife to work and then alone to my office. I aint that heavy la. 75kg? But 1 thing I know affected my FC is my wheels. Its 17".

Maybe we should meet up and I sit beside you and see how you drive. Cos till now, I can't fathom as to how to achieve above 15km/l

hahaha....u sure u nt super big size huh..ltr the car becomes loopsided how..wahahahahahaa...

just depress n zoom lo....any other users can share the FC? i m sure it is abt the same if not better lo....15kml is quite the norm le...

• Praise 1

(edited)

hahaha....u sure u nt super big size huh..ltr the car becomes loopsided how..wahahahahahaa...

just depress n zoom lo....any other users can share the FC? i m sure it is abt the same if not better lo....15kml is quite the norm le...

For the first 2 and 1/2 months I achieve high 12km/l to Low 13km/l. Now achieve mid 14km/l to Low 15km/l. which is similar to my colleague who also stay at Punggol. Not sure is it because of tire pressure, or because I know the route better or engine run in or....

Now Eco off, no more rubber band effect. Now monitoring FC.

Edited by Lime0011
  • Praise 1

my 70 highway is TPE peak hours.. Its as good as city driving la. Always jam all the way from changi airport to punggol. Go to work also take this route. Jam like siao!! Tyre pressure is 240 for mine. In the morning send my kids to Playgroup and my wife to work and then alone to my office. I aint that heavy la. 75kg? But 1 thing I know affected my FC is my wheels. Its 17".

wah bro i think your upsized tyres could be the main cause of the low mileage leh.

• Praise 1

wah bro i think your upsized tyres could be the main cause of the low mileage leh.

i don think 17" will affect so much le....18" maybe can feel the effect!

(edited)

For those who lament over the FC, actually how do you get the figure ?

By actual mileage over the quantity of petrol used at the next top up, I got about 14+km / litre. But at highway during the drive, I can get 20+km/ litre from the meter reading.

Just enjoy the ride. Zippy and responsive. It's a Honda !

Edited by moonstone
  • Praise 2

For those who lament over the FC, actually how do you get the figure ?

By actual mileage over the quantity of petrol used at the next top up, I got about 14+km / litre. But at highway during the drive, I can get 20+km/ litre from the meter reading.

Just enjoy the ride. Zippy and responsive. It's a Honda !

Hey Bro/Sis, never complain about my FC la. Just curious how some bros or sis here managed to get what they achieved thats all. From the day I decided to change my rims, I have no regards for my FC already.  But then again, my FC before I change rims and after change rims also not a big difference.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1