New Audi A3 Sedan - "only premium petrol sedan under Cat A"

Glyuen

This is THE BIGGEST JOKE on Planet Earth.

$155 for 1.4L AUDI.

Can explain why is it a joke. Also its 1.4T. Interior & refinement is also better than car of similar price. Just honest questions.

↡ Advertisement

Wow, I do see some forumers being concerned about the types of cars residents of Singapore purchase.

Does it really matter the brand or model? It's their money. They can spend it on any vehicle they like. Dio bo?

[thumbsup]

does not matter to me what vehicle they buy or not buy. what matters is that they drive properly on the roads and be a considerate road user.

Agree with you. If a driver wants to buy a car for the badge, so be it. Long as they drive in a considerate manner..

Can explain why is it a joke. Also its 1.4T. Interior & refinement is also better than car of similar price. Just honest questions.

How many Audi 1.4T you see in Germany in a wk?

Of course interior & refinement is better than VW because Audi is Lexus & VW is Toyota.

Audi badge is BIGGER than VW [laugh]

I think Audi badge is longer & VW badge is bigger.

Frankly, Volvo s60/ s80 are "much more" premium than the lousy A3, but pity, Singaporeans only know how to buy cars that their friend buys, or that people recognize, not buy for car quality. That's why so many entry conti on the road. Poor Alfa/ SAAB/ and Volvo, obviously a real drivers car but everyone buys entry lvl versions of Audi/Merc/BMW so they can show off the badge, which frankly isn't of a higher brand prestige in the rest of the world ex Singapore.

lol. more premium and real drivers car. I've owned those cars you mentioned and you couldn't be more wrong :P

if using 1.4L TFSI engine that produces 122bhp and 200Nm ... after MTM tune 15-20% performance upgrade

at that price japanese/korean car can go fly kite liao

cat A huat ah !!!

Conventional wisdom will never go wrong. All conti cars can write of besides Mercedes.

Japanese cars are very reliable.

There are 2 LRT Lines in Singapire. One built by German. And one built by Japanese. Which one is reliable? The one is in the East.

• Praise 1

Conventional wisdom will never go wrong. All conti cars can write of besides Mercedes.

Japanese cars are very reliable.

There are 2 LRT Lines in Singapire. One built by German. And one built by Japanese. Which one is reliable? The one is in the East.

Many Singaporeans do understand this simple theory. That explain why Mercedes is No. 1 best selling car in Singapore.

car is not just a transportation mode from point A to B ... else everyone just buy toyota altis or camry ... reliable and it's a good car

why pay more ... sporens are all stupid ... don't know how to think?

AFAIK, buying a car ... face value is 1st priority ... this may not 100% but at least MAJORITY

i bet my last dollar to it ...

face value not just to satisfy friend, relative, colleague, in-law, etc

most importantly is to satisfy ownself ... tell me who is not?

buying a porsche in spore is really drive like a porsche driver? the nuts and bolts in the porsche super high technology do the driver really know everything and care every litle thing in the car that make the porsche 911 < 5 seconds 0-100?

yes, they are petrol head who are very critical about the car but come on ...

Edited by Wt_know

lol. more premium and real drivers car. I've owned those cars you mentioned and you couldn't be more wrong :P

The (current, FIAT-owned) ALFA, GM-based (and bankrupted) SAAB and Geely-owned Volvo drivers' car???

Agree. He couldn't be more wrong!

I took a SAAB 9-5 through its paces along South Buona Vista many moons ago. It was damn front-heavy of a bloody LWB FWD car ... handled like a pig!

The current ALFAs are a far cry from the 33 twin-carb boxer and RWD 75 V6 that I had owned. That's red-blooded true-Italiano Alfa Romeos ... compared to today's FIATs!

Conventional wisdom will never go wrong. All conti cars can write off besides Mercedes.

Agree. Very true!

Frankly, Volvo s60/ s80 are "much more" premium than the lousy A3, but pity, Singaporeans only know how to buy cars that their friend buys, or that people recognize, not buy for car quality. That's why so many entry conti on the road. Poor Alfa/ SAAB/ and Volvo, obviously a real drivers car but everyone buys entry lvl versions of Audi/Merc/BMW so they can show off the badge, which frankly isn't of a higher brand prestige in the rest of the world ex Singapore.

One possibility could be because Audi/BMW/Merc are German.

The rest are other European makes.

German has the reputation of the most advanced and reliable mechanical engineering among all Europeans.

All the highest quality water tap systems, shower systems, toilet bowls, kitchen machinery (dishwashers, ovens and stoves), vacuum cleaners, washing machines and dryers, etc are German.

Is it only branding? Or is the quality and reliability really there?

I would answer: branding - yes; quality - yes; reliability -yes.

All the German appliances and water systems in my house have been working well without any problem for the last 10 years! And still going strong! Need I even mention all the German cars I had owned in my life!

One possibility could be because Audi/BMW/Merc are German.

The rest are other European makes.

German has the reputation of the most advanced and reliable mechanical engineering among all Europeans.

All the highest quality water tap systems, shower systems, toilet bowls, kitchen machinery (dishwashers, ovens and stoves), vacuum cleaners, washing machines and dryers, etc are German.

Is it only branding? Or is the quality and reliability really there?

I would answer: branding - yes; quality - yes; reliability -yes.

All the German appliances and water systems in my house have been working well without any problem for the last 10 years! And still going strong! Need I even mention all the German cars I had owned in my life!

My loewe TV fail on me on 5th yr :(

My loewe TV fail on me on 5th yr :(

Sorry to hear that... Maybe German electrical engineering not so good ba...

My old-tech LCD 42" TV is Dutch and still going strong after 7 years!

Edited by Viceroymenthol

Audi badge is BIGGER than VW [laugh]

Audi badge is bigger than VW(which is crap). BUT, Audi A3? ENTRY LEVEL conti which only appeal to badgewhores(Most Singaporeans, tts why streets filled with VW/ 320/ etc.....want an Audi? Anyone can buy. Wan an audi with respect? Please at least get an A6.

The (current, FIAT-owned) ALFA, GM-based (and bankrupted) SAAB and Geely-owned Volvo drivers' car???

Agree. He couldn't be more wrong!

I took a SAAB 9-5 through its paces along South Buona Vista many moons ago. It was damn front-heavy of a bloody LWB FWD car ... handled like a pig!

The current ALFAs are a far cry from the 33 twin-carb boxer and RWD 75 V6 that I had owned. That's red-blooded true-Italiano Alfa Romeos ... compared to today's FIATs!

Agree. Very true!

Bro, you telling me BMW 320/ Merc c class/ A4,A3 drive better than an Alfa 159 or a SAAB 9-3/9-5? Hahaha. You gotta be joking. Even an A6 or 5series can't make that claim(unless it's at least a 550). Alfa/SAAB's Torque/ bhp/ comfort all miles ahead of these kinda badgewhores cars.

Buy a conti, buy a Gd one. Only the insecure need to spend money to buy a badge.

bmw/merc/audi "entry" level no fight with alfa romeo la ...

but not many know how to drive alfa romeo properly ... i mean bring the beast out of the car ... hehe

Edited by Wt_know

yes they might

industry experts already feedback that the omv of a car should be the gauge, but they die die dun want listen,

usual for them lar.....they always think they know better and the situation is always under control

Someone in LTA befitting from the own rules they set?

likely many of the scholars there in this middle category i think

Bro, you telling me BMW 320/ Merc c class/ A4,A3 drive better than an Alfa 159 or a SAAB 9-3/9-5? Hahaha. You gotta be joking. Even an A6 or 5series can't make that claim(unless it's at least a 550). Alfa/SAAB's Torque/ bhp/ comfort all miles ahead of these kinda badgewhores cars.

Buy a conti, buy a Gd one. Only the insecure need to spend money to buy a badge.

A drivers' car has got nothing to do with power specs lah.

An RWD Alfa 75 will out-handle the FIAT (oops! I mean Alfa) 159 any day.

SAABs were never deemed a drivers' car, not the Aero, Troll, nor even the Griffin!

My Bosch washing machine up the lorry after near to 2 years and I tell my wife it's good. My old jipon washing machine last me 12 years.

I work for Germany company they made machinery that last but over the years bound to have some maintenance. My jipon partner machine runs without maintenance for straight 5 years without parts change and maintenance

↡ Advertisement