Fire at The Pinnacle@Duxton; 2 fire trucks at the scene

Darthrevan

sjcduxton2601e.jpg

A fire broke out at The Pinnacle@Duxton on Cantonment Road on Sunday afternoon. Two fire trucks, an ambulance and the police are at the scene. Smoke was seen coming from the upper levels of Blk 1D.

A resident said she initially thought it was the haze, before she realised there was a fire when the fire alarm went off.
The Pinnacle, an iconic public housing development, comprises seven connected 50-storey towers.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Serious: I think everybody at home must put fire extinguisher, smoke mask, goggles, torchlight

and send the old and young to fire safety course at cc

Esp living in such a tall building

My friend living there

I don't dare call him now [sweatdrop]

I think he very busy

• Praise 2

Seriously: I think everybody at home must put fire extinguisher, smoke mask, goggles, torchlight

My friend living there

I think he very busy

Yes those are essential items.. but I think not many households have fire extinguisher at home.

Yes those are essential items.. but I think not many households have fire extinguisher at home.

Town councils can tie up with scdf and sell at a cheap rate

in view of tall building is getting taller, ie: marina bay suites fire recently and now pinnacle

SCDF need to revise their yearly fitment 'assessment' to run up/down 40-50 storeys [sly] ...

Edited by Wt_know

Fire alarm goes off in our HDB now and again.

No one leaves their flat.

Same used to happen in work, quick look around carry on as if not heard anything.

• Praise 1

in view of tall building is getting taller, ie: marina bay suites fire recently and now pinnacle

SCDF need to revise their yearly fitment 'assessment' to run up/down 40-50 storeys [sly] ...

Good idea. Heliborn to roof and do a run down. Anyway, Pinnacle is no $3M no sell.

• Praise 1

Fire alarm goes off in our HDB now and again.

No one leaves their flat.

Same used to happen in work, quick look around carry on as if not heard anything.

The procedures in the workplaces I had been in say to stay calm when fire alarm first sounded. So when i see people raising their heads looking around but doing nothing drastic, it is a good sign. Not sure if this is the case in Hdb. Btw, is there fire alarm in Hdb flats? After decades living in a few, I had never heard it and there is no drills also. This is unlike in workplaces.

Which Hdb flat did you heard fire alarm goes off? Lift alarms a lot.

Serious: I think everybody at home must put fire extinguisher, smoke mask, goggles, torchlight

My friend living there

I think he very busy

I do have a small fire extinguisher and emergency torch light at my shoe cabinet just beside the main door. Good for emergency

• Praise 2

consperm. That 1 TP grc. Somemore that developement is purportedly a legacy leh.... [sly]

Must first inform GLC about the tender for bulk purchase of these things?

syduxton26012014e.jpg

sjc02duxton2601e.jpg

sjc03duxton2601e.jpg

fire-at-pinnacle-duxton.jpg

Five-room flat on 29th floor damaged

A fire broke out in a 29th floor unit of a block at The Pinnacle@Duxton on Cantonment Road on Sunday afternoon.
A resident in the flat next door in Block 1E said she heard loud pops and smelt smoke around 3.35pm.
Mrs Tang Sock Hoon, an administrator in her 40s, said she was doing her laundry when she heard the sound.
"It was like firecrackers - pop, pop. I saw black smoke coming out from their kitchen, and it smelt quite strong."

That's why it's good to buy fire insurance for your home.

Jewelry and valuable stuff store in a fire-resistant safe.

Fire extinguishers must be maintained every 6months or so. I think most ppl just leave it there. If not enough pressure buy as if like no buy. KNS.

Precaution is better dan cure. Best is do fire risk assessment. LoL...

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

My friend living there

I think he very busy

while it is good to keep 1 or 2 fire extinguishers at home, make sure they are really accessible.

I ever witnessed a fire breakout in a HDB. I called 995 and by the time the firemen reached (about 10 mins), the fire started from the kitchen, already engulfed the whole unit. and sad to say, someone mati in there. [smallcry]

• Praise 2