DIY Waxing

Extremme

Got also won't share here. Right or not? Otherwise it's the same scenario all over again.

Share with you guys no problem la. nowadays actualy alot good place, more n more MSCP

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Ermm. Weekday nights are out for me.... sat morning 21st Jan?

sorry bro, i need to go back office on sat morning.

For those staying east, theres a good spot at Bedok, a MSCP with hose attached, theres about 5-6 lots facing each other so can do waxing together. Its at  714A Bedok Reservoir Road. Weekend mornings usually occupied. And you know how some people like to take their own sweet time even when theres someone waiting  <_< . So weekday mornings is best, or weekend nights.

Anyone got any other good spots to wash n wax in peace?

i have, my office carpark in kallang ave. but only available during off peak after office hours like weekend or weekdays night.

shelter, light and water point. have toilet and vending machine too.  [:p]

another one is at northview biz hub in yishun. my temple  [:p]

sorry bro, i need to go back office on sat morning.

i have, my office carpark in kallang ave. but only available during off peak after office hours like weekend or weekdays night.

shelter, light and water point. have toilet and vending machine too.  [:p]

another one is at northview biz hub in yishun. my temple  [:p]

Ur office wat building?. My new car got swirl marks already on the roof, im never gona go petrol station carwash again... Need good spot to wash slowly 2-3hours. Kallang pretty near my place. How many cars can the place take at a time?

Supercharged

Ur office wat building?. My new car got swirl marks already on the roof, im never gona go petrol station carwash again... Need good spot to wash slowly 2-3hours. Kallang pretty near my place. How many cars can the place take at a time?

Pico art Building. the sheltered area can take 10 cars.  [:p]

outdoor area can take 15 cars (near water point but no lighting at night)

need to pay parking cos i have left the company. 

@yeobt. Am not a bro la.

• Praise 1

I am keen to group DIY wax our cars. I usually do it on Sunday afternoon at MSCP next To Jing Shan primary school. it is on ang mo kio st 52. I go to the high floors where I can quietly do it. 2 to 3 hrs. join me.

Pico art Building. the sheltered area can take 10 cars. [:p]

outdoor area can take 15 cars (near water point but no lighting at night)

need to pay parking cos i have left the company.

sis, i work on weekend night too.

part-time taxi uncle. [:p]

Bro! You are very hardworking. Share taxi contact can?

Hi gurus,

I just got my car and was reading this thread.

To be frank, being a newbie in the car area, I am more confuse than ever after reading all these information. Haha

But to surmise, can I say for simple maintenence of car I should do the following:

1) Use dry microfibre cloth to wipe car clean

2) Use dry microfibre cloth to wipe dry

3) Use dry microfibre cloth to polish

4) Use wet microfibre cloth to wax

The car is new and the SE did some polishing beforehand. Not sure if it matters. :)

TIA!

Edited by dnumde

Hi gurus,

To be frank, being a newbie in the car area, I am more confuse than ever after reading all these information. Haha

But to surmise, can I say for simple maintenence of car I should do the following:

The car is new and the SE did some polishing beforehand. Not sure if it matters. :)

TIA!

Hi,

Usually new car done at SE are not good. I tell my SE to leave it untouched. So what you can do for now if your interested to wax your own car is to get a wax like Meguair Ultimate liquid wax or Fusso, this two are readily available. And watch some videos on YouTube how to properly wax your car. For normal simple maintenance, simple hose down your car properly with clean water, and use a wash mitt with car shampoo like meguair gold class ( cheap and readily available) and wash your car in straight lines without pressure. Then dry it off with a good microfibre drying towel. This will make your drying time very easy. Then use a dry microfibre towel to apply spray wax if you don't want to wax using spray wax will do the job just that you need to apply more frequently say every 2 weeks.

Don't mix the idea of polish and wax. Polishinh is the step to correct and refine a paint usually with a machine it contains abrasive to remove imperfections. Wax is used to protect the paint after it have been polished. Just for your info. Watch some videos on YouTube on how to properly wash a car will help protect the condition of your car against swirls! Check out ammo nyc on YouTube!

i can meet on thursday night (26th Jan) only. [:)]

Week day I need cfm usually I do weekend at my place cos have power electricity just nice

Hi gurus,

TIA!

Brand new car? if ur car is new or paintwork is stil very good, i strongly suggest using a sealant, and paste wax over, to protect the paintwork.

if u r very concerned about paintwork then i think the simplest maintenance is:

1) spray car thoroughly with water

2) use 2 pails, 1 with water, 1 with soap water

3) dip in soap and wash, every now and then dip in water pail and rinse.

4) spray water again

5) wipe with proper drying cloth

6) clay

7) sealant (once every 4-5 months)

8) wax( once every 2-3 months)

one last dry microfiber cloth wipe all over again. 

Guys feel free to correct me or add on :)

aprox 2-3hours if i do it slowly.

I am using Meguiars Gold Class Paste Wax ($22) and spray wax. Would like to switch to Ultimate Liquid Wax ($45) when I have finished it. But the price is double..grrh. Is the shine really better? Any better and cheaper wax?

I am using Meguiars Gold Class Paste Wax ($22) and spray wax. Would like to switch to Ultimate Liquid Wax ($45) when I have finished it. But the price is double..grrh. Is the shine really better? Any better and cheaper wax?

gold class is Carnauba based and gives a deep wet look but doesnt last as long as synthetic (ulw).

you may not get a deep shine using ulw but you will end up using less of ulw due to less frequent waxing.

depends on what you on.

Supercharged

@Ryanredho, @Yeobt, @Car_search, weekends are better for me. How about tomorrow?

a lot of shopping all weekends till CNY  [:p]

• Praise 1

Brand new car? if ur car is new or paintwork is stil very good, i strongly suggest using a sealant, and paste wax over, to protect the paintwork.

if u r very concerned about paintwork then i think the simplest maintenance is:

1) spray car thoroughly with water

2) use 2 pails, 1 with water, 1 with soap water

3) dip in soap and wash, every now and then dip in water pail and rinse.

4) spray water again

5) wipe with proper drying cloth

6) clay

7) sealant (once every 4-5 months)

8) wax( once every 2-3 months)

one last dry microfiber cloth wipe all over again.

Guys feel free to correct me or add on :)

aprox 2-3hours if i do it slowly.

Sounds about right! To save money on clay line can use clean pail of soap again! Add a grit guard to the Paul and it will benefit in a long run! Depending on the type of wax and sealant used will determine the frequency but yes what you mention is about there! Just Remeber to layer them thin so you won't waste your product and let them cure better to the paint! Haha if I do it slowly maybe 4 hours btw!

@Ryanredho, @Yeobt, @Car_search, weekends are better for me. How about tomorrow?

Wah just washed my car today! Maybe next week! Haha
↡ Advertisement