Offence to enter and remain in packed train

BabyBlade

When train is full, SMRT can fine everyone who is inside $500 because they remained in the cabin? [:/]

Better take a cab

• Praise 1

actually, the fines are so much heavier than many traffic offence.. i think smrt need more revenue.. the 1.1Bil is not ennough.. hehehe...

• Praise 1

My interpretation is that they can fine people who do not comply after warnings on the above.

Imagine if the rule not there, and have some idiot who keep jamming the door. Then SMRT staff tell him get off, he say "which rule say I cannot enter packed train"?

Anyway, these are LTA rules. Not SMRT ones.

Transferring goods between paid and unpaid area is interesting...

As is throwing "missiles"

That's what I thought. Goods & Articles ? Like that if a student on the way back come out of train go to the side of gantry to pass some books or pass over something that was bought on behalf also kana ? And the fine aint that low on the hierarchy which means they are pretty serious bout it.

What is the rule that does not allow public to use wall socket to charge mobile phone?

This is full text under the regulation "Without prejudice to regulation 11, where any authorised person determines that a train is full, no person shall enter or remain in the train if directed not to do so by him."

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 1

actually, the fines are so much heavier than many traffic offence.. i think smrt need more revenue.. the 1.1Bil is not ennough.. hehehe...

Now that u mention....its like ....., wtf ?

That's what I thought. Goods & Articles ? Like that if a student on the way back come out of train go to the side of gantry to pass some books or pass over something that was bought on behalf also kana ? And the fine aint that low on the hierarchy which means they are pretty serious bout it.

More for if someone decides to use the mrt as a courier service.

Transferring goods between paid and unpaid area is interesting...

As is throwing "missiles"

Guess u seldom buy stuff online with individuals. Sometimes deals are done this way over the paid and unpaid area.

Depends whether the missiles are literal or figurative...

I assume it means "throwing things'

But the image of someone throwing a minuteman missile down an MRT cabin does amuse me...

huh??.. throwing missiles?? wtf is that suppose to mean??..

That's what I assumed also.

But it does still amuse to think of the unintended consequences, even if it does make sense to have such a rule in place for protection.

More for if someone decides to use the mrt as a courier service.

Guess u seldom buy stuff online with individuals. Sometimes deals are done this way over the paid and unpaid area.

really scratch head why this way is illegal?

this has been disallowed all the while, I always make it a point to trade outside the station.

↡ Advertisement