Credit Card Fraud

Icu

Kin!!!!! Poh mata!!! [grin]

poh mata also maybe no use like in my case... with ip address linking to ntu, a contact number, hall address, etc, also no follow up. tried calling IO but like calling ghost.

• Praise 1

poh mata also maybe no use like in my case... with ip address linking to ntu, a contact number, hall address, etc, also no follow up. tried calling IO but like calling ghost.

your one different, Banks got lots of money to sue and sue and sue.

we got limited power, but banks got unlimited special, if that fellow does not plea guilty and drag, I think he die faster.

when mata fails. there is always social media! [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

My one dormant OCBC card was fraudulently charged today.

Yes, it's the one registered with comgateway.

So I think the root cause is that comgateway got hacked.

It's best not to register your credit card with any online shippers or shops.

It may be more inconvenient to keep typing your credit card number for every transaction, but you never know if it's going to be hacked.

It would be difficult because not all online shops would accept alternative payment methods. Perhaps legislation should be meted for online portals on what acceptable security standards are necessary for safeguarding customers' information. Credit companies (i.e. VISA, Mastercard, etc) should considering implementing security solutions (similar to 2FA verification devices) via card-issuing client banks for online transactions.

To date, I have not heard anything from affected banks regarding this illegal Neweb Technologies issue; I would assume investigations are still ongoing.

It would be difficult because not all online shops would accept alternative payment methods. Perhaps legislation should be meted for online portals on what acceptable security standards are necessary for safeguarding customers' information. Credit companies (i.e. VISA, Mastercard, etc) should considering implementing security solutions (similar to 2FA verification devices) via card-issuing client banks for online transactions.

To date, I have not heard anything from affected banks regarding this illegal Neweb Technologies issue; I would assume investigations are still ongoing.

it probably hard prove that comgateway is where the leak happens.. unless they willing admit to it..

All MAS can do is to check if comgateway complianced to all the rules / regulations that it set.

In any case, never register cc with anyone, even for my paypal.. i also add and remove every time i use it. Its not how good or how reputable the shop is that is matter.. it's cyberspare being vulunderable ...And never never save cc information together with code on website.

it probably hard prove that comgateway is where the leak happens.. unless they willing admit to it..

When I try to enter the "new" CGW website, my email was not recognised.

I had an old link from my email and somehow able to enter the "old" website using same email and password.

That's how I found my CC number in my acct.

It seemed that CGW just brushed off this hack and replaced with a new login page, with nary an apology or acknowledgement.

I would not use them anymore.

All MAS can do is to check if comgateway complianced to all the rules / regulations that it set.

In any case, never register cc with anyone, even for my paypal.. i also add and remove every time i use it. Its not how good or how reputable the shop is that is matter.. it's cyberspare being vulunderable ...And never never save cc information together with code on website.

I don't think MAS have jurisdictions over CGW or Amazon, let alone effect or enforce any compliance on foreign firms. Basically, shoppers are deemed to undertake the risks upon the transactions - I thought that's what all these disclaimers & terms/conditions (+ fine prints) are for....

I don't think MAS have jurisdictions over CGW or Amazon, let alone effect or enforce any compliance on foreign firms. Basically, shoppers are deemed to undertake the risks upon the transactions - I thought that's what all these disclaimers & terms/conditions (+ fine prints) are for....

i also think so.. aniway.. i just say these in replied to the "blowjob" thread...

Common' if you forget to lock your door when you left your house.. why you blaming the security guard for theft, even in a condo.

• Praise 1

NBCCB..... after OCBC.... thought all settle.... yesterday, got an sms from DBS that they blocked my Master Card..... another unauthorised transaction.... pui...... comfarkway really nbccb....

NBCCB..... after OCBC.... thought all settle.... yesterday, got an sms from DBS that they blocked my Master Card..... another unauthorised transaction.... pui...... comfarkway really nbccb....

UOB called me last weekend after they found out i have transaction history with CGW, though there was no fraud charging but and they will cancel my card and issue a new one. Not bad for the initiative :D

UOB called me last weekend after they found out i have transaction history with CGW, though there was no fraud charging but and they will cancel my card and issue a new one. Not bad for the initiative :D

If CGW not doing anything... local bank should just blocked payment to the god damn site..... I won't be using them anyway.....

Edited by Nlatio

I just received a SMS from DBS informing me of a transaction of ILS 10000.00 ONE LIS LTD was made on my DBS ESSO Card.

I called the number immediately and a quick check was made by him. He told me a few transactions were made two days ago. All the transactions were made overseas. He cancelled my card and will issue me a new card in a few days time. He told me the investigation will take 2 to 3 weeks. 

Wth. I am about to use the card to fuel ten... [thumbsdown]  [hur]

Edited by Fitvip
↡ Advertisement