Car accident but receive claim from Passenger Instead

Axela72

Greeting,

Today I am shock that I recieved a lawyer letter stating his client a passager in a Taxi which my car have accidently kissed his rear side bumber during CNY want to made a claim to me. All while, I am worried about would the taxi driver falsify a claim against me.

The incident happened during after traffic turn green when we are supposed to take off. However, as there are traffic jam across the other side, those car infront of mine are unable to move off until the light turn orange.

I started to accel from stationary to catch the light, but to my surprise, the taxi infront of me decided to stop for red light.

Because of this, my front bumper kissed his rear bumper. As my accelation is from stationary, the impact is minor. So no dent/ any damage shown from the taxi and, the Taxi driver decide to drop the case.

During that incident, the busybody aunty passager in that Taxi also come out from the car to see see look look.

Now then I realized that the evil person that want to claim against me is that aunty.

Her claim to me is about 9k in total (general damage, loss of income, transportation, medical expense police/LTA fee etc).

Is there any way to appeal and what is the success rate like?

Kindly advise,

Thanks

Edited by Axela72
↡ Advertisement

Greeting,

Today I am shock that I recieved a lawyer letter stating his client a passager in a Taxi which my car have accidently kissed his rear side bumber during CNY want to made a claim to me. All while, I am worried about would the taxi driver falsify a claim against me.

The incident happened during after traffic turn green when we are supposed to take off. However, as there are traffic jam across the other side, those car infront of mine are unable to move off until the light turn orange.

I started to accel from stationary to catch the light, but to my surprise, the taxi infront of me decided to stop for red light.

Because of this, my front bumper kissed his rear bumper. As my accelation is from stationary, the impact is minor. So no dent/ any damage shown from the taxi and, the Taxi driver decide to drop the case.

During that incident, the busybody aunty passager in that Taxi also come out from the car to see see look look.

Now then I realized that the evil person that want to claim against me is that aunty.

Her claim to me is about 9k in total (general damage, loss of income, transportation, medical expense police/LTA fee etc).

Kindly advise,

Thanks

You kissed other vehicle, in the wrong, ppl claim injury. You go speak with your insurance company and let them handle. That's what insurance is for.

Alternatively, you can try counter sue with your lawyers.

Turbocharged

Greeting,

Kindly advise,

Thanks

any video recording from you?

You kissed other vehicle, in the wrong, ppl claim injury. You go speak with your insurance company and let them handle. That's what insurance is for.

Alternatively, you can try counter sue with your lawyers.

Thanks for the advise. Yes, I know I am wrong but it is just a very slight kiss. My 5 yrd old kid dont even know that there is a bang as it is very light

I believed the aunty is try to take this opportinuty to made money. If she is really injuried, I am willing to pay for all the expenses.

Wah! Auntie very hiong.... Taxi uncle also not so badass....

Btw, she was a passenger, what general damage is she claiming for?... Did you read properly, is the claim from taxi plus auntie or just auntie alone?...

any video recording from you?

Yes, I have video taken. The video ago capture that aunty coming out from the taxi to see the damage. I have even show her there is no dmg on the bumper and after than she just walk off.

Never know that she is a threat until today.

Btw, she was a passenger, what general damage is she claiming for?... Did you read properly, is the claim from taxi plus auntie or just auntie alone?...

Just the aunty alone.

It is written as:

General claim = 8k

Medical expense = 24

Medical report fee = 300

Loss of income = 100 X 4 days = 400

Transportation = 40

Police /LTA fee = 22

Aunty sustained injury just because of a minor bump? Orh... Aunty didn't wear seatbelt!

Aunty sustained injury just because of a minor bump? Orh... Aunty didn't wear seatbelt!

Good analogy. why i didnt think of that

why i am so unlucky during the 1st day of CNY :(

Thanks for the advise. Yes, I know I am wrong but it is just a very slight kiss. My 5 yrd old kid dont even know that there is a bang as it is very light

I believed the aunty is try to take this opportinuty to made money. If she is really injuried, I am willing to pay for all the expenses.

Yes the aunty could be taking advantage of the situation. That's why there is insurance and lawyers, insurance when making payout also not stupid. They will check the extent of damage and counter. You think they will pay full 9k? No way la... But nevertheless it will be a claim on your insurance and will be reflected as accident, NCD affected, premiums up slightly.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yes, I have video taken. The video ago capture that aunty coming out from the taxi to see the damage. I have even show her there is no dmg on the bumper and after than she just walk off.

Never know that she is a threat until today.

Just the aunty alone.

It is written as:

General claim = 8k

Medical expense = 24

Medical report fee = 300

Loss of income = 100 X 4 days = 400

Transportation = 40

Police /LTA fee = 22

keep that video. make sure it captured the point of impact as well. that can determine whether the accident can caused such big injury to the victim.

BTW, can post the video here for us to see?

Yes the aunty could be taking advantage of the situation. That's why there is insurance and lawyers, insurance when making payout also not stupid. They will check the extent of damage and counter. You think they will pay full 9k? No way la... But nevertheless it will be a claim on your insurance and will be reflected as accident, NCD affected, premiums up slightly.

sigh....

Never got claim for so long until now. Furthermore, it is a claim from passager instead of the driver. Never know of such cases before until now.

keep that video. make sure it captured the point of impact as well. that can determine whether the accident can caused such big injury to the victim.

BTW, can post the video here for us to see?

Yah man, want to see how the 'yau gui' aunty look like

my doubt is if there is not even a slight damage on the car, how can the passager inside the car be injured?

So for example if I slap someone, he can send a laywer letter to claim for all the expense even there is no injuried and I am abide to pay?

Bro,

dont be too happy.....taxi letter may yet to reach you.....now still early....maybe few months down the road you will receive it.

Taxi driver and their company are all suckers! Making every opportunity to make the extra income.

Edited by Mcf777

my doubt is if there is not even a slight damage on the car, how can the passager inside the car be injured?

So for example if I slap someone, he can send a laywer letter to claim for all the expense even there is no injuried and I am abide to pay?

I know this might sound absurd, but do you have the taxi driver contact can get him to be your witness?

↡ Advertisement