Handed a CASE letter to VW today! Blog updates.

Keithchue

Turbocharged

Thats what i was told.

Think i read somewhere its the characteristic of dsg.

↡ Advertisement

you must step on the accelerator without hesitation and let the rpm climb (not hard driving), then it wont jerk when dsg chg from the 1st to 2nd gear.

if you light throttle with slight hesitation, you will feel the jerk when 1st gear slip to 2nd.

And when you chg gear, pause for a second or two when shifting. This will prolong dsg life span.

• Praise 1

Characteristic is a nice way of saying it.

To me, it's a flaw.

• Praise 3

Looking at Hyundai Accent 1.4M as my next car. [grin]

I just downgraded my bike from 400 to 250 cc. [thumbsup] 30+ km/l

Thats the perk of driving an entry car. Adapted from SBF... More fun to drive a slow bike fast than a fast bike slowly. But of course best would b drive a fast bike fast.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Looking at Hyundai Accent 1.4M as my next car. [grin]

I just downgraded my bike from 400 to 250 cc. [thumbsup] 30+ km/l

I suspected u changed bike when i saw ur new avatar.

Yup, that's CRF250L. It's a DS, but handled much better on paved roads than dirt.

There's a M version at Loois, but still not LTA approved yet.

I suspected u changed bike when i saw ur new avatar.

Edited by Kangadrool

I recall when i floor the pedal for the golf 1.2, gear 1 , 2, 3. Will change up at 30+ , 50+, 80ish kmh respectively....i eased of n the gb changed up further in a relax way. Gears 1, 2, 3, revs up to 3.5k rpm b4 changine up. D mode.

So for the 1.4, with 122hp/200nm, what will the above speeds be like similarly? Thx.

Yup, that's CRF250L. It's a DS, but handled much better on paved roads than dirt.

There's a M version at Loois, but still not LTA approved yet.

All right!! Congrats.!!!

• Praise 1

you must step on the accelerator without hesitation and let the rpm climb (not hard driving), then it wont jerk when dsg chg from the 1st to 2nd gear.

if you light throttle with slight hesitation, you will feel the jerk when 1st gear slip to 2nd.

And when you chg gear, pause for a second or two when shifting. This will prolong dsg life span.

Based on my test drive. When queing to turn. Coming to complete stops incl, problem was that the gb does not creep forward. So if step more...quite quickly must step brake. Else will b to dab...though must still brake if the front dont move...experience feels less awkward. N i guess here lies the prob. Coz many will do the latter to smoothen their exp....yet this is the driving condition n style that kills the gb. SE also confidently told me. ....just treat n drive it like an AT. Further , whatever issue, resolved already. No problem.

• Praise 3

Mine jerked a bit when low speed especially on the 1st 2 gears.

maybe we have the same jerk, like hestitation of the gears engaging and when finally engage, have a kick in the back feeling

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yup  [thumbsup]

maybe we have the same jerk, like hestitation of the gears engaging and when finally engage, have a kick in the back feeling

yup, that's the way dsg behaved. My 2009 golf 1.4tsi spork is like that. I hv learned to live with it. nothing is perfect.

but if you accelerate briskly, you wont get the kick in the back feeling

• Praise 1

I am driving the Jetta. When starting from stationery and light pressure footing, the gear from transit to D2 straightaway. But however, if you step harder on the pedal, the gear will start from D1.

Alternatively, there is sports mode which I use occasionally but the flipside is, you get to illegal speeds very quickly and high chance of kena traffic court as related by one of the bros here.

sorry i dont get it. When the gear shift is at D, my display will show straightaway D1. When you step on the accelerator, it will move to D2 and so on. So it has to start from D1 no matter what, and move on to D2, 3, 4,etc

How do you transit to D2 straightaway?  Step brake Engage gear oready show D1 leh. you mean your jetta skipped D1? How ah? keep scratching my head till bald

sorry i dont get it. When the gear shift is at D, my display will show straightaway D1. When you step on the accelerator, it will move to D2 and so on. So it has to start from D1 no matter what, and move on to D2, 3, 4,etc

How do you transit to D2 straightaway?  Step brake Engage gear oready show D1 leh. you mean your jetta skipped D1? How ah? keep scratching my head till bald

not really, at stop, sure at D1. when moving off, even at the slowest speed, I tried 3Km/h it will change to D2.  no skip.. just out from parking lot, alr at D2.

I think there is our problem, changing too early, while it is great that the GB changes quickly, without the loss of power, I think this is way too early

• Praise 1

well, boot lock gone

car cam not working, although it is not a VW.

heiz, starting to get expensive

boot lock spoil go back vw worksp loh

car cam tonite can go suntech motor show buy from accessory shops at  the same time see girls from motor show

boot lock spoil go back vw worksp loh

car cam tonite can go suntech motor show buy from accessory shops at  the same time see girls from motor show

hehe

just ranting only, it is Friday...

Honestly, I do not see much value in CASE.

Had sought for their help before because police said it is a non-offense (i.e. regarding car rental) but obviously going to CASE did not help either.

No idea how should go about raising awareness of the terrifying incident I had with a car rental service recently, in which booking was made through Drive.sg, so to prevent others from falling into the same situation and suffer great losses! 

Probably someone able to guide the way?

↡ Advertisement