Handed a CASE letter to VW today! Blog updates.

Keithchue

sorry i dont get it. When the gear shift is at D, my display will show straightaway D1. When you step on the accelerator, it will move to D2 and so on. So it has to start from D1 no matter what, and move on to D2, 3, 4,etc

How do you transit to D2 straightaway?  Step brake Engage gear oready show D1 leh. you mean your jetta skipped D1? How ah? keep scratching my head till bald

Sorry I didn't explain it clearly.

What I meant is if you lightly apply the throttle (gentle driving) when moving off from stationery, the D1 to D2 transition is very short much so you feel like the car started moving from D2.

However, if you apply heavy throttle (when moving off from stationery), the gear will hold at D1 for a longer period and you can feel the transition from D1 to D2 clearly and sometimes, it might even judder (vibrate).

↡ Advertisement

comes in  box labelled VW, SKODA, AUDI

I am surprised that there is such a thing from VW called sprint booster or throttle controller.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I am surprised that there is such a thing from VW called sprint booster or throttle controller.

After market la.

Haiz... Seriously dun think your car will ever get well. It's got so many new parts being replaced that literally it's like the new car you took possession of on first day. And that's the problem. It's still the same lemon.

I however am thankful that without fail everytime I hv itchy backside to maybe get a VW as next ride, the brain slapped the itchiness away within a heartbeat.

Your blog has helped me understand and appreciate that while I have reasonable reservoir of patience I lack the luxury of time visiting the car hospital and often times having to spend a lot more on out of pocket expenses which VW does not cover.

Sincerely hoping you will have a really good and problem-free next ride.

Take care and safe ride.

Cheers

• Praise 6

Haiz... Seriously dun think your car will ever get well. It's got so many new parts being replaced that literally it's like the new car you took possession of on first day. And that's the problem. It's still the same lemon.

I however am thankful that without fail everytime I hv itchy backside to maybe get a VW as next ride, the brain slapped the itchiness away within a heartbeat.

Your blog has helped me understand and appreciate that while I have reasonable reservoir of patience I lack the luxury of time visiting the car hospital and often times having to spend a lot more on out of pocket expenses which VW does not cover.

Sincerely hoping you will have a really good and problem-free next ride.

Take care and safe ride.

Cheers

Likewise for me bro.  This blog & sharing from TS was also 1 of the main factors that stopped me from taking the leap of faith for the Golf 1.2/1.4.

• Praise 3

if parts are all changed new... how can it still be a lemon?

emm because the original GB is already a known lemon....

so no matter how many new GB you change, you still get a lemon GB....

• Praise 1

emm because the original GB is already a known lemon....

so no matter how many new GB you change, you still get a lemon GB....

but not all problem is as result of the gearbox no?

• Praise 1

but not all problem is as result of the gearbox no?

no all, but surprisingly, thread started cos of the damn steeting wheel problem, still no resolution

Keep a look out for exhaust light.

The family VW had it's lambda sensor changed but when I queried the tech, he couldn't give a clear reply on what was faulty, could have been any of the below:

Ecu

Lambda sensor

NOx sensor

Connections in between

Also, there is usually upstream and downstream lambda sensors, hope they changed the right ones.

• Praise 1

My cousin is so stubborn bought a new jetta recently for 90k even though he knows my touran tdi problems. Said diesel more problems than tsi. Well to some ppl face is more impt than anything else. Well can drove Lah just need to spend more time in workshop like Keith car

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1