• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
2133 replies to this topic | 3,258 praises

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:10 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

theres a Batt Control Module on the negative side of the batt terminal as well as one sandwich at the dashboard.

That maybe the culprit if the voltage is not constant. 

not too sure if the voltage is not constant.  my club members have recommended a secondary grounding, but will void warranty as it add /changes the stock grounding cable with 2 cables.  hence the voltage is more consistent. but then again, their cars don't exhibit any issues like mine.

ruled out fly wheel, as it is not rotational in nature, the MU changed, clutch pack is new.  nothing much to do liao..

buying another VW, sure, only torque converter ones.  no more DSG......

every day wont be the same after you make a wrong decision.

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:00 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

not too sure if the voltage is not constant.  my club members have recommended a secondary grounding, but will void warranty as it add /changes the stock grounding cable with 2 cables.  hence the voltage is more consistent. but then again, their cars don't exhibit any issues like mine.

ruled out fly wheel, as it is not rotational in nature, the MU changed, clutch pack is new.  nothing much to do liao..

buying another VW, sure, only torque converter ones.  no more DSG......

The wet clutched version is reasonable good.

BUT there are cases of MU failure on wet clutched on 2014 version as well. 

My last wet clutched went till 300,000KM without a problem and was subsequently scrap.

Maintenance done every 50000KM as prescribe by outside workshop.

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:23 PM

Silverkris
  • Premium member
    Silverkris
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Finally VW comes out with a good solution to the DSG issue:

A wet clutch DSG. For those that still insists that VW has solved the previous issues of dry clutch DSGs, VW has finally abandoned the problem child and opt for a wet clutch instead:

http://www.sgcarmart...p?AID=1119&PN=1

Furthermore, Audi Virtual Cockpit seems to be in all new cars now, including the new Mitsubishi Grand Lancer in China?

Edited by Silverkris, 17 February 2017 - 04:24 PM.

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Finally VW comes out with a good solution to the DSG issue:
A wet clutch DSG. For those that still insists that VW has solved the previous issues of dry clutch DSGs, VW has finally abandoned the problem child and opt for a wet clutch instead:

http://www.sgcarmart...p?AID=1119&PN=1

Furthermore, Audi Virtual Cockpit seems to be in all new cars now, including the new Mitsubishi Grand Lancer in China?

wah those with 7dsg dry cars better get rid of your cars before this comes

😰

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:40 PM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

:(

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:58 PM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

reviving this thread, been a long time since I updated this thread....

suspension replacement needed. rear is gone and the front are following suit.. car is now 124K KM, GB is still crappy.. engine is fine, I think the water pump is begining to show signs of slack, rumbling. 

all these aside...the car is functioning ok.  brings me point A to B.  wont be able to change anther car due to other commitments, and frankly, this price bracket, cannot find another car the same alr.

Fuelsaver praised this

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:08 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

im looking at koni Shock absorbers.  any one has any experience with this?  of course, Bilstein, sachs etc are the brands I have heard of. but this is the first time I heard aboujt koni, googled it and it is from Netherlands. 

any FR reviews are always welcome

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:31 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

hi huys, my car now has a creaking at the back, seems spring related.  any one has a clue?

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    Author Image

im looking at koni Shock absorbers.  any one has any experience with this?  of course, Bilstein, sachs etc are the brands I have heard of. but this is the first time I heard aboujt koni, googled it and it is from Netherlands. 

Koni on Golf MKV was known to be pretty harsh ride. Good for hard core sepang. Not good for daily.

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:43 PM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

car is back to me after another MU replacement. 

oh well..

time to drive another 30K KM for this MU

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    Supercharged
    Author Image

car is back to me after another MU replacement. 

oh well..

time to drive another 30K KM for this MU

we lost track, is this the 3rd 4th or 5th MU?

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:49 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bilsteins or Sachs would be more suitable for your Golf.

I was on Sachs which is reputed for their transmissions and shock absorbers.

|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think owner lost track as well.

That is all.

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

4 th Liao

no, third one

Bilsteins or Sachs would be more suitable for your Golf.

I was on Sachs which is reputed for their transmissions and shock absorbers.

i just asked VCS to quote me the shock + mounting plus labour...

other outside workshop quoting 1250 including alignment, original parts

Edited by Keithchue, 28 August 2017 - 05:06 PM.

Back to Complaints  ·  General Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: volkswagen, handed, case, letter and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users