Handed a CASE letter to VW today! Blog updates.

Keithchue

Hypersonic

U mean auto hill hold? Yeah got the feature, why leh?

I got stage1 and dsg tune. I did the latter as there was a promo package but honestly can't feel any tangible difference in D mode. GB was already v smooth to begin with. Maybe there's more impact in S mode but seldom use it as to avoid looking and sounding like a madman on SG roads.

I use auto hold so no need to shift to N at traffic lights

which brand dsg tune you using?

↡ Advertisement

I use auto hold so no need to shift to N at traffic lights

which brand dsg tune you using?

Monster tune. At least stage1 got dyno result as prove. Dsg tune really placebo to me LOL.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Monster tune. At least stage1 got dyno result as prove. Dsg tune really placebo to me LOL.

custom tune...what's your max hp and torque?

MT told me can reach ~410nm peak torquefor mk6 gti engine. wonder if the torque curve is very peaky

is the tune for 98ron?

I have driven a car on dsg stage 2 tune I believe

in D, the gb is much more willing to downshift going into a turn and much less lazy. also the dsg tune should remove the 350Nm torque limit on the 6 dsg

oh yah 1st gear is also used more frequently as opposed to trying to move the car on 2nd at low speeds

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 2

(edited)

custom tune...what's your max hp and torque?

MT told me can reach ~410nm peak torquefor mk6 gti engine. wonder if the torque curve is very peaky

is the tune for 98ron?

I have driven a car on dsg stage 2 tune I believe

in D, the gb is much more willing to downshift going into a turn and much less lazy. also the dsg tune should remove the 350Nm torque limit on the 6 dsg

oh yah 1st gear is also used more frequently as opposed to trying to move the car on 2nd at low speeds

Tuned for ron98 at a modest 210hp and 325nm at the wheels. My requirements to the tuner were drivability and longevity. Also told him that I want to be able to use those gains during my daily drive and not only during mad revs scenarios. The new torque curve peaks at the mid 4k range vs the relatively flat OEM torque. Juvenile wheelspins are much easier to trigger with an overzealous right leg. it took me awhile to re-educate my right leg to avoid embarrassing myself on the road.

My D mode is still biased towards D2 shortly after moving off not much different from OEM. S mode is really angry which is why it's impossible to use it for daily drive. I tried using S mode just a few times for a complete journey (mostly expressway). You can't get higher than S3 without being in the super illegal speed range. The noise also becomes a major annoyance after awhile.

I'm pretty sure MT can achieve those numbers as they need to back it up with dyno results. But of course, parts longevity and ease of use may become an issue unless you don't mind those things.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 2

tuning helps the smoothness of the GB?  mine is stock from VCS...

on a side note, wanna hit and run...back to VCS, luckily got the bugger on video

on a side note, wanna hit and run...back to VCS, luckily got the bugger on video

Hope the damage wasn't too serious and you are well bro.

Nail the bugger and see if they can replace your GB due to the hit and run  [knife]

Walau.. seems like your adventure never ends bro. GVGT nail the bugger!

I heard some years back VCS doesn't do insurance claims unless it's their in-house insurer (HSBC during my time?).  Are they insurer-agnostic now?  

(edited)

Hope the damage wasn't too serious and you are well bro.

Nail the bugger and see if they can replace your GB due to the hit and run  [knife]

it is been a while. 

got video, and bugger never report to insurance, now cannot claim. as per VCS.  report TP since it is a hit and run, TP reply, need 3-6 months to revert. now claim myself, repair cost is estimated to be 9K region. 

Walau.. seems like your adventure never ends bro. GVGT nail the bugger!

I heard some years back VCS doesn't do insurance claims unless it's their in-house insurer (HSBC during my time?).  Are they insurer-agnostic now?  

lol, i took up their in house insurance, claim was somewhat of an eye opener.  

and on another note, GB still jerky/hard shift in 1-2

Edited by Keithchue
  • Praise 2

(edited)

it is been a while.

got video, and bugger never report to insurance, now cannot claim. as per VCS. report TP since it is a hit and run, TP reply, need 3-6 months to revert. now claim myself, repair cost is estimated to be 9K region.

Yes it's a freaking big loophole of car insurance that nobody is aware of except those who encountered it. If the other party play punk didn't report, their insurer will not entertain your claims at all no matter what. To them, no accident ever occurred cos there's no report. Genius right?

I got into a similar situation few years back where the other party was a taxi driver. He swerved towards me and our side mirrors kissed momentarily. Mine was undamaged while his was koyak. In typical taxi driver fashion, he got down and started shouting at me and "extorted" some cash from me. I told him to fly kite let's settle by insurance then. In the end, he didn't even report to Comfort and the insurer about the accident. As a result, I couldn't close case with my own insurer and even got my NCD penalized for potential future claims for 5 years. You may be in this situation even if you didn't claim from own insurance. It's a standard practice to punish honesty.

Lucky for me, I was able to complain to Comfort to close the case and proof to my own insurer to restore my NCD. But for you, the other party being a private owner, there's no easy way to track him down. So your insurer will probably also penalize your NCD to hedge against possible future claims from other party.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 1

Yes it's a freaking big loophole of car insurance that nobody is aware of except those who encountered it. If the other party play punk didn't report, their insurer will not entertain your claims at all no matter what. To them, no accident ever occurred cos there's no report. Genius right?

I got into a similar situation few years back where the other party was a taxi driver. He swerved towards me and our side mirrors kissed momentarily. Mine was undamaged while his was koyak. In typical taxi driver fashion, he got down and started shouting at me and "extorted" some cash from me. I told him to fly kite let's settle by insurance then. In the end, he didn't even report to Comfort and the insurer about the accident. As a result, I couldn't close case with my own insurer and even got my NCD penalized for potential future claims for 5 years. You may be in this situation even if you didn't claim from own insurance. It's a standard practice to punish honesty.

Lucky for me, I was able to complain to Comfort to close the case and proof to my own insurer to restore my NCD. But for you, the other party being a private owner, there's no easy way to track him down. So your insurer will probably also penalize your NCD to hedge against possible future claims from other party.

ya, not shit, guess it is the part and parcel of motoring in Singapore.  TP also cannot jalan...sono choice, repair first and then see how.

likely have to be penalised for something that im not even at fault.  i wasn't even in the car.

ya, not shit, guess it is the part and parcel of motoring in Singapore.  TP also cannot jalan...sono choice, repair first and then see how.

likely have to be penalised for something that im not even at fault.  i wasn't even in the car.

Think you should really change car. Seems like you really don't have luck with this car. 

Neutral Newbie

it is been a while.

got video, and bugger never report to insurance, now cannot claim. as per VCS. report TP since it is a hit and run, TP reply, need 3-6 months to revert. now claim myself, repair cost is estimated to be 9K region.

Funny, once I dekitted, juddering came back...

(edited)

Think you should really change car. Seems like you really don't have luck with this car. 

no $$$ to change car.  i need to fork out 10-20K to let the loan go. i think, plus DP another one....

mm  might as well continue driving...

Funny, once I dekitted, juddering came back...

what did u dekit?  im looking to spruce my car a bit, looking for osir shft extenstion pedals.  dead left pedal and maybe some red on the car.. still yet to decide on how to get the red on

well, 2 months 1 week, got a job, yeah!!!!!

Edited by Keithchue
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

no $$$ to change car. i need to fork out 10-20K to let the loan go. i think, plus DP another one....

mm might as well continue driving...

what did u dekit? im looking to spruce my car a bit, looking for osir shft extenstion pedals. dead left pedal and maybe some red on the car.. still yet to decide on how to get the red on

well, 2 months 1 week, got a job, yeah!!!!!

Was on stage 3 setup, handling and brakes upgraded as well, now all back to stock.

Was on stage 3 setup, handling and brakes upgraded as well, now all back to stock.

oh, brakes and handling,

i bought a set of ohlins, sus kit when i first bought the car, thinking of lowering the car when i take over the car.  but with all the crap, i sold the ohlins and stick to stock.  

replaced 2 sets of suspensions alr, and i dont carry people, just me alone in the car.  shows.

Finally, a piece of good news

well, guys, needed some advice, my GB jerk isn't resolved at all.  so should I send another toothless CASE letter to VCS again?  then again, it may backfire cos I have my platinum points with them alr

Hypersonic

oh, brakes and handling,

i bought a set of ohlins, sus kit when i first bought the car, thinking of lowering the car when i take over the car.  but with all the crap, i sold the ohlins and stick to stock.  

replaced 2 sets of suspensions alr, and i dont carry people, just me alone in the car.  shows.

thank you

kum sia....

honestly, i am beginning to suspect the way you drive and handle the car despite your claim of maintaining the car stock and sedate driving most of the time

2 sets of suspensions already with <100k mileage and you alone in car all the time?

:o

↡ Advertisement