Handed a CASE letter to VW today! Blog updates.

Keithchue

suspension top mount bearing issue?

nope..

it is coming from the steering wheel

If you've bought the Merc or BMW then.. you would hv been relatively trouble-free now..

who cares what car u drive to work as long as you can afford.. most impt you must like the car 1st.. ^_^

there are those people red-eyed, that see you driving a more expensive car.

my Jetta is already causing some red eye people..to have views alr

13 months ago, the 7 speed dry dsg is already well known for its problems. kind of surprise you still jump into it.

anyway, as one bro here mention, try to sell it away before your problems start rolling like a snow ball.

a lot of my friends have already jump ship from the 7 speed dry dsg.

I think I will jump ship...soon, if I can manage to get them to refund + compensate. it is depending on the discussion later.

If damage is not too great or even can make small profit, get it off while it's still under warranty. My colleague did that and made a small profit 'cos jerky DSG.

Get another ride with a manual tranny if possible and avoid DSG, CVT which are in fashion now (for obvious reasons why car makers are using now => lower FC & carbon emission to meet regulatory requirements).

I am thinking of abandoning driving...

cos my new job is just 20 mins from my home. previously it is 45 mins drive...

will have to work out the sums..

Edited by Keithchue
↡ Advertisement

Report to SPH, very effective and they will get immediate respond.

nothing will happen IMO. VW is 1 of their biggest advertising clients on ST classifieds. they wont dare to bite hand which feeds them

basically just dont buy new VW lah so many other brands out there. my fren driving a 2007 golf gti not much issues but u read vagsg all d new models got issues lor. all brands got problems one so make u research first. bmw last time got alot of issues also but more recently less. theyre not 100% troublefree either. im driving 1 now n so far troublefree save for blown rear light.

Edited by Duckduck
  • Praise 1

at the point of time, it presented itself to be the best value,

civic was going for 140K

c class compressor 158

3series 164

jetta 149.

since I'm working...C class and 3 series are out. civic was out since I was changing from civic to civic? jetta was the final choice. lexus CT200 was a prius in drag. Volvo S40 199K. Golf 7 not out yet...

basically walked the LK belt many times.. heart is going for the C class...but work wise not wise to drive a MB to work

Should have bought the C Class, then remove all badges including the 3-pointed star at the rear and the bonnet. For the 3-pointed star grille, swap to the normal "elegance" one (without star) and spray it matt black. Spray all your rims black, totally obscuring the 3-pointed star logo at the wheel cap.

There you have it, a good solid car that drives pretty well that didn't cost much more than a Civic, and one that you can drive to work without people suaning you. It can probably serve you well for the next 10 years without major issues.

• Praise 1

civic was going for 140K

c class compressor 158

3series 164

jetta 149.

since I'm working...C class and 3 series are out. civic was out since I was changing from civic to civic? jetta was the final choice. lexus CT200 was a prius in drag. Volvo S40 199K. Golf 7 not out yet...

basically walked the LK belt many times.. heart is going for the C class...but work wise not wise to drive a MB to work

didnt you consider a manual?

manual alot less issues

Supercharged

my Jetta is already causing some red eye people..to have views alr

Jetta oso can cause red-eye?

those red-eye pple is drive bus one izzit? [:p]

• Praise 1

civic was going for 140K

c class compressor 158

3series 164

jetta 149.

You should had gone for C class actually.

It holds the resale value much better than the VW.

But anyway, if that you read the fine prints of the C-Class, it is actually retails more than ad due to the over-trades terms.

Forgotten what is the actual as it was such a long time ago.

[:p] your other ride is a mitsubishi isit? [:p]

TS, do update us if there's response from VW and er.... dun tell us when u selling your ride though..... kidding. Good luck, bro.

Safe ride

Cheers

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 2

civic was going for 140K

c class compressor 158

3series 164

jetta 149.

Shd have just gotten the C Class or 3 series. You will be a happier man now. Actually $158 for C Class is really a very good deal. Cannot believe that it's only $18k more than the Civic at that time

civic was going for 140K

c class compressor 158

3series 164

jetta 149.

Haha think i rather go in mazda 6 than in jetta

Shd have just gotten the C Class or 3 series. You will be a happier man now. Actually $158 for C Class is really a very good deal. Cannot believe that it's only $18k more than the Civic at that time

Yes niw no more such deal

• Praise 1

of cause, driving a Jap/Kor car, definitely red-eye Jetta [:p]

Those driving a new Mazda 6 has more respect from me than those driving a passat, let alone Jetta..

• Praise 1

well, companies have people that does have a slight imbalance to finer things in life..

C-class would be a good deal, at least does not have the DSG GB.

would be interesting to know how our very worrisome company reacts. in any case, CASE would be in the know.

OT a bit, heard from CASE, that BMWs also have a high rate of report at CASE.

well i visited and test drove the c class many times till i know the car inside out. the sales man also very helpful since i was shopping with an MB existing customer no complaints on the pre sales service. so does VW. but after sales service....mmm lots of problems.

looking at the Kia K3 since it have all the bells and whistles that the jetta have...less the power...and the DSG problem.

shall see..

update this thread when VW comes back to me.

well, companies have people that does have a slight imbalance to finer things in life..

C-class would be a good deal, at least does not have the DSG GB.

would be interesting to know how our very worrisome company reacts. in any case, CASE would be in the know.

OT a bit, heard from CASE, that BMWs also have a high rate of report at CASE.

well i visited and test drove the c class many times till i know the car inside out. the sales man also very helpful since i was shopping with an MB existing customer no complaints on the pre sales service. so does VW. but after sales service....mmm lots of problems.

looking at the Kia K3 since it have all the bells and whistles that the jetta have...less the power...and the DSG problem.

shall see..

update this thread when VW comes back to me.

If you are not in hurry, wait for new Mazda 3... Should be very chio and spec wise won't lose to k3....

Turbocharged

I think I will jump ship...soon, if I can manage to get them to refund + compensate. it is depending on the discussion later.

I am not trying to be a wet blanket here but you need to lower your expectation when dealing with VCS esp on compensation.

if you been in VAG forum long enough, there was a case where VCS svc ctr crashed a customer GTI badly but the compensation was really far from the owner expectation.......

wish you all the best in your claim. [:)]

• Praise 2

Ride kah chia one.. Red eye on Jetta.

of cause, driving a Jap/Kor car, definitely red-eye Jetta [:p][/quote

Lexus consider jitpun chia bo..?

civic was going for 140K

c class compressor 158

3series 164

jetta 149.

My wife bought a new C-Merc in 2011for $153K (only $4K more than your Jetta) ... No problems to-date, engine, GB, steering, electronics all AOK.

3 years of trouble-free motoring, normal servicing only and peace of mind.

Just $4K more for a German-made C, vs a Mexican-made Jetta ... For me at least, it was a no brainer.

Why even welcome a non-resolvable DSG to be part of your life?

Even if you had not wanted to go back to a Civic, cars like the Ford Focus, or the Mazda 3 would have proven to be more reliable and they both tend to handle very well too (built on the same platform)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5